Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

2K Sports has revealed more NBA 2K13 player ratings for 6 more players.

Scottie Pippen - 92
Kevin Love - 89
Anthony Davis - 80
Monta Ellis - 86
Dion Waiters - 71
Andre Iguodala - 87

Previously revealed NBA 2K13 player ratings below.

Kobe Bryant - 93
Carmelo Anthony - 92
Rajon Rondo - 90
Kevin Durant - 95
Blake Griffin - 87
Harrison Barnes - 75

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Guard-ian @ 08/28/12 06:09 PM
89 for Love is way too much...

# 22 chronoxiong @ 08/28/12 06:11 PM
A 92 rating for Pippen is a little too high. I was thinking high 80's. Kevin Love's rating seems about right and his 3's rating should be high. Anthony Davis being an 80, I don't know.

# 23 eko718 @ 08/28/12 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokstar
16 points...6 rebounds...5 assists...and he should be a 92? Would that ride for a player in todays league at 92 rating?

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3
Legend players are usually rated on their season of representation, not on their career numbers. And in the 91-92 season, off of which his Dream Team version would be rated, Scottie Pippen averaged 21 points, 7.7 rebounds, 7.0 assists, 1.9 steals and 1.1 blocks.

Good enough for a 92 rating I'd think.

# 24 Wildcats302 @ 08/28/12 06:24 PM
[quote=eko718;2044075599]
Quote:
16 points...6 rebounds...5 assists...and he should be a 92? Would that ride for a player in todays league at 92 rating?

Legend players are usually rated on their season of representation, not on their career numbers. And in the 91-92 season, off of which his Dream Team version would be rated, Scottie Pippen averaged 21 points, 7.7 rebounds, 7.0 assists, 1.9 steals and 1.1 blocks.

I agree with that but Pippen was only a 90 on the 92/93 Bulls team last year and 92 was same year as Dream Team year. I am fine with the rating as you said, it is the prime thing, and Pippen was rated 92 on the 95/96 Bulls team later on. Just curious to what his ratings would be if the 92 Bulls are back this year lol

# 25 thilanwij @ 08/28/12 06:26 PM
I agree with the ratings so far, can't wait to see more.

Love was good, and is such a GREAT rebounder, it better be like a 90 something! I still can't believe he had a 30 and 30 game last year...crazy ish. But i woulda said his range would be around the mid 80s, like an 85+ overall.

# 26 eko718 @ 08/28/12 06:27 PM
[quote=Wildcats302;2044075662]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718

I agree with that but Pippen was only a 90 on the 92/93 Bulls team last year and 92 was same year as Dream Team year. I am fine with the rating as you said, it is the prime thing, and Pippen was rated 92 on the 95/96 Bulls team later on. Just curious to what his ratings would be if the 92 Bulls are back this year lol
It's possible that the rating scale may be different, so we'll see. If he was a 90 in 2K12 on the 91-92 Bulls team, he was underrated. Pippen could score, defend, rebound, was a playmaker, blocked shots and was amongst the league leaders in steals.

# 27 Nokstar @ 08/28/12 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Legend players are usually rated on their PRIME, not on their career numbers. And in his best season(when Jordan retired), Scottie Pippen averaged 22 points, 8.7 rebounds, 5.6 assists, 2.9 steals and 0.8 blocks.

I hear you but not evem those stats are worth a 92 in my opinion. When yoh are in the 90's you are a CORE scoring superstar...the scoring go to guybof your team...imo.

Pippen didnt take over games on a normal basis or anything..he was just a great complimenting player..a start sure...but a 92?

Kevin love averages what...26 points...13 rebounds..can shoot from anywhere on the floor and u got people saying hes rated too high..but pippens prime statistics..which arent even close..gets him a 92?

Current players arent rated in their prime...i feek like old players should be rated on their career average...otherwise you got two different rating scales for players playing in the same game. Pippen played for like what..8 more years after that prime (just guessing)...i remember his points going down every year after that along with other stats.. thats a long time.

# 28 8KB24 @ 08/28/12 06:41 PM
Those numbers are practically the same as LBJ's and LBJ is 99. You must be crazy thinking he is not worth 92.

# 29 UnbelievablyRAW @ 08/28/12 06:46 PM
What is 282k?

Edit: NVM I think they are talking about followers

# 30 eko718 @ 08/28/12 06:52 PM
Quote:
Current players arent rated in their prime...i feek like old players should be rated on their career average...otherwise you got two different rating scales for players playing in the same game. Pippen played for like what..8 more years after that prime (just guessing)...i remember his points going down every year after that along with other stats.. thats a long time.

I edited my response to say "season of representation" rather than "prime". I don't know what Bulls teams are in 2K13, so I gather that the 92 rating might be based on the Olympic version of himself, which was the 91-92 season Scottie Pippen.

As I stated, that year his averages were 21 points, 7.7 rebounds, 7.0 assists, 1.9 steals and 1.1 blocks. Name any player in the league who puts up those type numbers who is under 90 overall.

Current players are rated according to their most recent season. Old school players should be rated according to the season represented, not career stats, which quite obviously are misleading. You would propose to include Pippen's rookie season where he was not yet developed, along with his last 6 seasons where his role was significantly different? The man played 17 seasons. It is the prime of a players career that defines them, and feel free to do the math on Pippen's ten years with the Bulls after his rookie year.

Quote:
Pippen didnt take over games on a normal basis or anything..he was just a great complimenting player..a start sure...but a 92?
Ratings are based on player skill. Tendencies determine how many shots a guy takes. There is no "take over player" attribute that would impact an overall rating. On-the-ball defense, stealing, blocking, offensive awareness, rebounding, ball-handling, passing and scoring ability however, are factors that influence ratings. And if you understand the ratings system and the type player Scottie Pippen was, it would be hard to keep the guy UNDER 90 with numbers like 21 points, 7.7 rebounds, 7.0 assists, 1.9 steals and 1.1 blocks.

Furthermore, when you say a guy who was the teammate of Michael Jordan didn't "take over games on a normal basis" well, take a wild guess why that was the case.

When Jordan retired, Pippen carried the Bulls on his back and still took them deep into the playoffs. Go get some tape on the man.

# 31 Nokstar @ 08/28/12 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
Those numbers are practically the same as LBJ's and LBJ is 99. You must be crazy thinking he is not worth 92.
Dude...youre comparing his prime ...one season stats to lebron season sharing the load with wade and bosh. Pippen is nowhere near bron in talent...bron is more than 6 points better than pippen. Lebron has carried..CARRIED..a garbage team to the playoffs for like 7-8 years (cavs)...you cant be serious.

...and those stats are not "pretty much" the same...nor the impact on his team was the same.

# 32 djwax90 @ 08/28/12 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
Quick and honest question then, what does Kevin Love have over LaMarcus Aldridge to justify a probably 7 point rating difference?

Is Love a better defender? A more polished offensive player? Faster? More athletic? better post player?

I can only count 3pt shoot, ft and rebounding/hustle
Who says Love is 7 OVR points higher than LA? What's LA's rating for 2K13? I'd give Love maybe a 90... 89 seems fair, which is all I'm really defending... if LA makes a 100% recovery from his surgery, I'd expect him to be an 87 or so.

What, in my mind, accounts for that 2-3 point difference? Yes, Love is superior offensively with regard to his repertoire and the fact that not only does he have a 3PT game (which LA doesn't have whatsoever) but it's one of the best in the game. Love is also a much better rebounder, but I will concede that LA is a better defender. LA is a great player, but his defense and athleticism are really the only aspects he has over Love, and those advantages aren't enough to overcome Love's superiority.

PS: I'm probably a bigger fan of LA than Love, if I'm being honest.

# 33 Nokstar @ 08/28/12 07:05 PM
We can agree to disagree...ive watch pippens whole career and lebrons and i just dont believe hes a 92. He was never a top 10 player in his era..if you think hes a 92 i supposed you woukd rate a olayer like karl malone a 98 or something...which would be rediculous.

You guys dont remember what pippen was to the whole league back then? Did you think he was a 92 compared to his peers in his era? I dont remember people putting him that high on the pedestal back then...i strongly believe nostalgia has overrated him.

Not to mention..lebron averages his 7-8 assist averages while playing with one of the worst supporting casts amongst the jordans/kobes/etc....whike pippen got his playing with the greatest player of all time! You cannot compare both situations like you are doing.

# 34 stillfeelme @ 08/28/12 07:05 PM
Quote:
Quick and honest question then, what does Kevin Love have over LaMarcus Aldridge to justify a probably 7 point rating difference?

Is Love a better defender? A more polished offensive player? Faster? More athletic? better post player?

I can only count 3pt shoot, ft and rebounding/hustle
I have to agree with you there. I think it comes down how 2K rates people overall which we don't know. Aldridge is not great in rebounding probably below average. I think it is clear that certain ratings are weighted more depending on the position.
The low rebounding probably hurts Aldrige from a PF position. Love was a 88 in 2K12 so not really that much of a jump. I will throw another player out there for you, Josh Smith is rated a 87 in 2K12. Josh Smith is also rated higher than Aldridge in 2K12. I say we don't know the formula they are using. As long as Love isn't posterizing people or playing out of character. I will have no problem with it.

# 35 Norris_Cole @ 08/28/12 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwax90
Who says Love is 7 OVR points higher than LA? What's LA's rating for 2K13? I'd give Love maybe a 90... 89 seems fair, which is all I'm really defending... if LA makes a 100% recovery from his surgery, I'd expect him to be an 87 or so.

What, in my mind, accounts for that 2-3 point difference? Yes, Love is superior offensively with regard to his repertoire and the fact that not only does he have a 3PT game (which LA doesn't have whatsoever) but it's one of the best in the game. Love is also a much better rebounder, but I will concede that LA is a better defender. LA is a great player, but his defense and athleticism are really the only aspects he has over Love, and those advantages aren't enough to overcome Love's superiority.

PS: I'm probably a bigger fan of LA than Love, if I'm being honest.
Those are things that I've already said , 3pt shoot, ft, rebounding. But Aldridge is better at almost everything else, mid range, post game, more athletic, better defender, faster...

That's why I said that I don't understand why Love is going to be rated way higher than Aldridge. I don't care the numbers Love put, overall should go by ratings, not by ppg or rpg

And I don't know what is going to be Aldridge rating in 2k13, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even touch it. At least they didn't even update his player model, which is a bad thing

# 36 Nokstar @ 08/28/12 07:08 PM
Lets see pippen average 21-7-7 playing with the cavs whike being THE leading scorer on his team while olaying against the likes of kobe/durant/wade/shaq/duncan/etc...lebron didnt have the greatest player of all time playing with him so he could focus on rebounds and assists....he was at the too of the entire load. He led a cavs team in points...rebounds...assists..and steals at the same time.

# 37 djwax90 @ 08/28/12 07:14 PM
Quote:
Those are things that I've already said , 3pt shoot, ft, rebounding. But Aldridge is better at almost everything else, mid range, post game, more athletic, better defender, faster...

That's why I said that I don't understand why Love is going to be rated way higher than Aldridge. I don't care the numbers Love put, overall should go by ratings, not by ppg or rpg
We say one is better than another at something, but PPG and RPG are what we use to help measure exactly how much better one is than the other. Love is a much better rebounder than LA. Even if LA is better at mid range and post game (and I'm not terribly convinced he's significantly better in either), Love is still significantly better offensively. Rebounding is such a huge factor that it's one of the 3 (OFF, DEF, REB) that 2K gives with those gold bars. Love takes 2 of those 3 bars rather easily. And athleticism only goes so far in this game, certainly not as far as the more direct skills.

# 38 eko718 @ 08/28/12 07:16 PM
Quote:
Lets see pippen average 21-7-7 playing with the cavs whike being THE leading scorer on his team while olaying against the likes of kobe/durant/wade/shaq/duncan/etc...he didnt have the greatest player of all time playing with him so he could focus on rebounds and assists....he was at the too of the entire load. He led a cavs team in points...rebounds...assists..and steals at the same time.

You don't seem very familiar with Scottie Pippens game. Did you actually see him play on a consistent basis in his prime years or are you just making stat comparisons?

Quote:
while olaying against the likes of kobe/durant/wade/shaq/duncan/etc.
I'm sorry, but this statement is incredibly ignorant. Are you suggesting that there weren't equivalent if not better players than these when Pippen was playing?

Try Drexler, Richmond, Mullin, Bird, Magic, Shaq in his prime, Ewing, Karl Malone, Stockton, Isaiah Thomas, D Robinson, Olajuwon, Penny Hardaway, Grant Hill in his prime, Alonzo Mourning, Gary Payton...etc.

# 39 infam0us @ 08/28/12 07:19 PM
Anthony Davis being rated at 80 is blasphemous.

# 40 Norris_Cole @ 08/28/12 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwax90
We say one is better than another at something, but PPG and RPG are what we use to help measure exactly how much better one is than the other. Love is a much better rebounder than LA. Even if LA is better at mid range and post game (and I'm not terribly convinced he's significantly better in either), Love is still significantly better offensively. Rebounding is such a huge factor that it's one of the 3 (OFF, DEF, REB) that 2K gives with those gold bars. Love takes 2 of those 3 bars rather easily. And athleticism only goes so far in this game, certainly not as far as the more direct skills.
http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player.html#LaMarcus-Aldridge|200746;year=201112;season=r

http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player.html#Kevin-Love|201567;year=201112;season=r

There you can check both players shoot chart among other things. Aldridge is better from everywhere in the court besides 3pt. And I'm not too sold on that "love is a much better offensive player", 22 ppg with 51.2% for Aldridge vs 26 with 44.8% for Love.

Anyways it looks like I'm the only person in earth who thinks this way so just ignore me .

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.