Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Guard-ian @ 08/31/12 04:15 PM
LOL, 2k insider scene was a piece of art...

# 22 spankdatazz22 @ 08/31/12 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSensui
That's pretty much the key. You guys wouldn't even need to bother with preparing these insights if you just showed us 5-10 minutes of recent build gameplay. Nothing else would be necessary.

We got more out of the game watching German kids playing it poorly on a shaky cam, than we did out of these insights.
No offense but I am SO SICK of this "we only want gameplay [everything else is worthless]" crap. They give information and some act like 2K has to keep them in some persistent state of hype.

# 23 LD2k @ 08/31/12 04:20 PM
Quote:
We got more out of the game watching German kids playing it poorly on a shaky cam, than we did out of these insights.

# 24 JSensui @ 08/31/12 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
No offense but I am SO SICK of this "we only want gameplay [everything else is worthless]" crap. They give information and some act like 2K has to keep them in some persistent state of hype.
No offense taken. We just think that these insights are lacking in content. A lot of it is usual game industry buzzwords, and very little of it is gameplay footage.

That's all we're saying. We're not claiming to boycott the game or anything.

# 25 JSensui @ 08/31/12 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Damn it, don't sad .gif me. You're gonna make me feel bad.

# 26 LD2k @ 08/31/12 04:23 PM
Quote:
Damn it, don't sad .gif me. You're gonna make me feel bad.
<3

And dun worry, we know how bad the community desires "full gameplay"

# 27 Saturnis @ 08/31/12 04:29 PM
Quote:
No offense taken. We just think that these insights are lacking in content. A lot of it is usual game industry buzzwords, and very little of it is gameplay footage.

That's all we're saying. We're not claiming to boycott the game or anything.
especially when it focuses on animations more in game footage would be better. Not saying full gameplay but just more footage while talking would be fine.

# 28 jersez @ 08/31/12 04:29 PM
The insights and gameplay will pick up, we're going into September. But 4,000 animations sounds impressive Idk how many made it into the game but that's impressive.

# 29 shammgod97 @ 08/31/12 04:31 PM
Between sitting and praying this game fills its potential and waiting to see if Ricky Ledo gets eligible, I think I'm gonna pass out. Excitement + Anxiety = Not enough oxygen to the brain.

# 30 LD2k @ 08/31/12 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
The insights and gameplay will pick up, we're going into September. But 4,000 animations sounds impressive Idk how many made it into the game but that's impressive.
4,000 made it in.

# 31 MrBigShot1 @ 08/31/12 04:33 PM
Quote:
As I said in the other thread, these insights don't really have much when it comes to actual content. The stuff they were talking about such as the tangibility of the rim, the facial expressions, etc...that was in 2k12.

And it's a bit disappointing that considering that this is an insight about animations, we only got about 10 seconds of actual...animating, lol.
I agree. 2k12 had every bit of any tangibility and facial expressions I could ever want in an NBA game on the current gen consoles. When I clicked on the video I expected to see different dribbling animations, layups, and flopping animations. Instead we saw 1 really cool dunk. It was cool, don't get me wrong but it wasn't much of an insight. The amount of info we have gotten up to this point compared to the last 2 years has been very disappointing...

Written Insights>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>My dog>>>Video insights

I have learned more from the 2k team up member impressions than the past 3 insights combined.

# 32 NINJAK2 @ 08/31/12 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy

lol you guys are goofy
Based on that silhouette the 2k insider is without question............. Steve Blake

# 33 bigeastbumrush @ 08/31/12 04:34 PM
This is the result when you have everyone on the project who is passionate about the game.

I know right now there's a whole department of folks watching that like

# 34 blues rocker @ 08/31/12 04:35 PM
pretty skimpy insight...but better than nothing i suppose. i was hoping for more in-depth info about improved responsiveness and appropriateness of the movements in 2k13....instead they talked about trivial stuff like rim hanging, facial expressions, and circus dunks.

# 35 rspencer86 @ 08/31/12 04:39 PM
Great stuff. The animations in the 2K series have always done a lot to help build the overall realistic experience it delivers.

Also all of the facial animations/reactions add so much to the atmosphere. Love seeing guys yell after a big dunk or grimace when they get hit on a foul.

# 36 JSensui @ 08/31/12 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigShot1
I have learned more from the 2k team up member impressions than the past 3 insights combined.
I was actually more expecting to see the celebrations that they were talking about. They said a few times that they had removed the hitch between gameplay and scripted celebrations.

Like I said before, I'm not exactly upset. I've heard enough to pretty much guarantee a purchase...these insights could be better though.

# 37 NoTiCe_O @ 08/31/12 04:40 PM
I hope the EA developers are watching this and writing down notes.. lol

# 38 Goffs @ 08/31/12 04:45 PM
It's no wonder the rosters are always off 2k insider is to focused on the cheerleaders and mascots.

# 39 videlsports @ 08/31/12 04:46 PM
getting excited I can't wait for 2k 13

# 40 SouthBeach @ 08/31/12 04:49 PM

Shout outs to Justin "Jus Fly" Darlington.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.