Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

During the 2K Live-stream, we managed to capture Kevin Durant's Signature Skills for NBA 2K13. As Ronnie explained, Durant will have the Shot Creator, Microwave, Deadeye, Closer and Finisher Signature Skills. The image also shows a glimpse at what Jay-Z has been working on, as Executive Producer.

LD2K mentioned via Twitter the following.

Quote:
The difference between a FINISHER & a CLOSER is:
  • CLOSER: This player raises his game in clutch moments.
  • FINISHER: This player is adept at finishing contact layups and dunks at a higher rate than others.
More details in the Dev writeup (and video) coming Sunday via the Live-stream.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 mymannemcee @ 09/01/12 12:01 AM
See what you just did?

You took defense into your own hands and knew that there's no way those two scenarios are happening to you as long as you're the one defending. That's my exact point. That's what everyone should do instead of just giving into this weird theory that no matter what they do, exploits and advantages will succeed over their own will.

I wish there were more people on this board with your mindset that aren't too lazy to just man up and play smart defense.

Even if these signature skills create a higher probability for some players over others to separate the amazing players from the role players, there's always a way to stop someone or something.

# 82 RyanFitzmagic @ 09/01/12 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymannemcee
Even if these signature skills create a higher probability for some players over others to separate the amazing players from the role players, there's always a way to stop someone or something.
That doesn't make it logical.

# 83 mymannemcee @ 09/01/12 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
That doesn't make it logical.
Hearing complaints that "anyone in the game could have a 20 point night if they're used right, that's not realistic" was probably the scenario that 2K took into consideration when making these thirty skills. Seems logical to me.

What would you do hearing that complaint from your constant players of your game? Just adjust ratings?

# 84 RyanFitzmagic @ 09/01/12 12:08 AM
Quote:
Hearing complaints that "anyone in the game could have a 20 point night if they're used right, that's not realistic" was probably the scenario that 2K took into consideration when making these thirty skills. Seems logical to me.

What would you do hearing that complaint from your constant players of your game? Just adjust ratings?
Uh... yeah. If you give up a 20-point game to Hasheem Thabeet, that's your fault, unless the game is unbalanced in some way.

# 85 MasterofBBall @ 09/01/12 12:15 AM
Quote:
Kobe (even though he's overrated), Jordan, LeBron, etc., are great players in the clutch because they're great players period. It's up to the user/CPU to get the ball to those players in the best possible position to succeed in the clutch. There's no magical ability in real life to hit shots with a certain amount of time on the game clock.
GIVE ME PROOF that Kobe is overrated. the sig skills are to make these superstars stand out. like why shouldnt he, or Durant be hitting more game winners or heating up quicker than average players? That's what they do. There's a reason you give the ball to these players in the first place. Something called Pressure is the reason why great players aren't worse in the clutch as you so asininely stated. It's not magic, its heart. Ask Michael Jordan

# 86 mymannemcee @ 09/01/12 12:16 AM
Quote:
Uh... yeah. If you give up a 20-point game to Hasheem Thabeet, that's your fault, unless the game is unbalanced in some way.
Well thankfully for you, you can make that decision and that statement. Meanwhile, if 2K released that statement verbatim, it would be the same complaints for an entire 365 days about how 2K games aren't real because "Thabeet can drop 20 this is so fake oh my god improve defense how can he do this to me" and whatnot.

Guess we'll see the other skills are that aren't offense related, because apparently, those are the ones that have people the most worried. Haven't seen one complaint about the defensive ones yet.

# 87 RyanFitzmagic @ 09/01/12 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofBBall
GIVE ME PROOF that Kobe is overrated. the sig skills are to make these superstars stand out. like why shouldnt he, or Durant be hitting more game winners or heating up quicker than average players? That's what they do. There's a reason you give the ball to these players in the first place. Something called Pressure is the reason why great players aren't worse in the clutch as you so asininely stated. It's not magic, its heart. Ask Michael Jordan
Chill out, bro.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...in-crunch-time

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...yer-in-the-nba

http://chasing23.com/the-myth-of-playoff-kobe/

Quote:
Well thankfully for you, you can make that decision and that statement. Meanwhile, if 2K released that statement verbatim, it would be the same complaints for an entire 365 days about how 2K games aren't real because "Thabeet can drop 20 this is so fake oh my god improve defense how can he do this to me" and whatnot.
Um... it's 2K's job to make the game balanced so that good defense will stop Thabeet. If he scores 20 on you and the person doesn't cheese, THAT'S YOUR FAULT.

2K already catered to people who suck by implementing lock-on defense. We don't need scrubs dictating what goes in and out of the game anymore.

# 88 mymannemcee @ 09/01/12 12:28 AM
Scrubs are also evident on your side of the argument, as well. They're not happy they can't drop ridiculous amounts of points with random players not known for offensive prowess anymore because of some signature skills that differentiate superstars from the others.

Seems like you're implying only people that suck favor these signature skills.

# 89 RyanFitzmagic @ 09/01/12 12:30 AM
Quote:
Scrubs are also evident on your side of the argument, as well. They're not happy they can't drop ridiculous amounts of points with random players not known for offensive prowess anymore because of some signature skills that differentiate superstars from the others.
And signature skills shouldn't be implemented for them, either. The ratings dictate that certain players are more likely to do certain things successfully than others. THAT'S THE POINT.

If you can't take advantage of that, as I said, unless the game is flawed or unbalanced (which is their job to fix), THAT'S YOUR FAULT.

# 90 mymannemcee @ 09/01/12 12:35 AM
Quote:
And signature skills shouldn't be implemented for them, either. The ratings dictate that certain players are more likely to do certain things successfully than others. THAT'S THE POINT.

If you can't take advantage of that, as I said, unless the game is flawed or unbalanced (which is their job to fix), THAT'S YOUR FAULT.
Nobody is arguing with you on taking account for your faults and losses. Not sure why this is your central theme through all of your posts when I agree with you on that...

# 91 THE YAMA @ 09/01/12 12:38 AM
I like the new overall layout.

# 92 RyanFitzmagic @ 09/01/12 12:39 AM
Quote:
Nobody is arguing with you on taking account for your faults and losses. Not sure why this is your central theme through all of your posts when I agree with you on that...
If that's the case, then signature skills are not necessary at all and are actually a detriment.

# 93 mymannemcee @ 09/01/12 12:43 AM
Quote:
If that's the case, then signature skills are not necessary at all and are actually a detriment.
Well, that's something we'll have to wait and find out once the game is played.

# 94 RyanFitzmagic @ 09/01/12 12:43 AM
Fair enough.

# 95 sticks323 @ 09/01/12 12:49 AM
Umm Tyreke Evans isnt a SF and Melo has a better crossover then Durant.

# 96 Hyperballer21 @ 09/01/12 12:55 AM
I don't understand how a lot of you are seeing signature skills as a negative. I see where you all are coming from, but I see more positives than negatives. As a roster maker, these can add a lot more depth in editing players.

# 97 Reyes19 @ 09/01/12 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks323
Umm Tyreke Evans isnt a SF and Melo has a better crossover then Durant.
Where have you been in the last 8 months. SacTown is now playing him as a SF

# 98 youALREADYknow @ 09/01/12 01:27 AM
Quote:
Precisely. With the exception of a few that added animation types such as Chase Down Blocker, that's pretty how I viewed it from the get-go.

It's an arcade decision that takes control away from SimNation.

# 99 JwP23 @ 09/01/12 01:41 AM
Quote:
And honestly, why do we need stuff like "Lockdown defender," "Shot creator" and "Finisher"? WTF are the ratings for? Those things dictated lockdown defense, ability to hit jumpers, and the ability to finish at the rim just fine.

Signature skills sounds like some arcade stuff tbqh.

# 100 RyanFitzmagic @ 09/01/12 01:53 AM
It's the same thing every year with 2K, I swear. 2 steps forward, 4 steps back.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.