Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Madden NFL 13 title update #2 arrives tomorrow, which includes a new instant start option when creating a player in CCM. The team has also fixed numerous stability issues and GameFace improvements.

While the team hasn't added the ability to edit players in CCM, they still haven't shot down the idea completely, in hopes to have it available in a future patch.

More details below.

Quote:
Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 will be available tomorrow on the Xbox 360 & PS3. The update includes a new instant start option when creating your player in Connected Careers, numerous stability fixes, and GameFace improvements.

We’d also like to remind fans who have been asking about the ability to edit players and rosters in Connected Careers that based on your feedback, the development team is currently exploring the potential option to include additional functionality in Madden NFL 13 in an upcoming title update. We’ll update you with more information in the coming weeks after the team has time to investigate and assess the situation.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 criscarter @ 09/10/12 06:37 PM
For the love of God, let's see how things are when the patch is actually released. Sheesh.

# 122 Jukeman @ 09/10/12 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
It's not necessarily that we believe 12's franchise was great. However, it was much better than CCM.
I actually prefer Madden 05...Dont think that was 10 years ago..

And didnt they "reboot" the mode for next gen...

-Juke

# 123 EmmdotFrisk @ 09/10/12 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I get that and can live with it.

What I don't understand is why the old franchise mode wasn't just left in like they did with NHL?
Xbox/PS3 memory issues come into play. I don't have all the details but it always something our developers have to be conscious about.

# 124 CT Pitbull @ 09/10/12 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk
We are extremely motivated to address all uncovered issues. What bugs are bothering you the most?
well for me its definitely the zoom cam not working properly in CCM and right with that is the AI in CCM .play now games are EPIC and play like THE BEST GAME of football i have ever played. and ive played them ALL

i only play on zoom cam so it is hard to really get INTO a coach CCM offline/online without it..im just sick of standard cam for the past 20 years really..great to see you guys on here and listening..thanks

# 125 EmmdotFrisk @ 09/10/12 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
How would I know. I don't pick them. I'm just giving my impression of a couple that I ran across here at OS. A couple were just bad, while I think a couple other that I got to know were very good.

Why don't you tell me what the prerequisite's are?
1. Be passionate/knowledgeable about the game
2. Be knowledgeable about the sport
3. Give constructive feedback
4. Advocate for the community
5. Be knowledgeable in your analysis of games
6. Be able to carry yourself with integrity
7. Be creative

# 126 EmmdotFrisk @ 09/10/12 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
its definitely the zoom cam not working properly in CCM and right with that is the AI in CCM .play now games are EPIC and play like THE BEST GAME of football i have ever played. and ive played them ALL
Yeah we are looking into addressing both of these issues and hope to announce something soon.

# 127 sub9er @ 09/10/12 06:42 PM
can you please lower or give more legacy points? this is ridiculous

# 128 Dewiel @ 09/10/12 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
If you really wanted to maintain a level of professionalism, you wouldn't have even responded to his post. Your response is very indicative of how things are done regarding this game at Tiburon. The product has been nothing short of terrible going on 8 years now. This year's game is the first game that shows SOME sort of effort. While it isn't fair to lump all of the gamechangers into the same bucket, you were strangely absent when some of them defended every aspect of Madden that was truly done poorly and incomplete. There was no mention of the lack of editing, the ridiculous number of oversights and bugs regarding both offline and online CC, nor the issues regarding the gameplay.

Also, just because you brought in a few guys from the sim standard and wined and dined them into trying to tell us the game was incredibly better doesn't carry any weight. You have a guy who was one of the original youtube critics who is doing great work by showing all of the glaring gameplay issues still in Madden in a professional and respectful manner that were done better in that "other" game, but you're in no hurry to include him. If you really were interested in making the game better, you would not be responding to a comment that provided no value, but you would simply be gathering the input from the community as a whole and realizing that there are massive issues with this game year after year. You're talking about a company who bought an exclusive license to the nation's most popular sport, then proceeded to destroy it with colossally bad products for 8 years.

Also, we all know why you mention the TSS guys. Your thinking was that if you brought in the supposed "harshest madden critics", you'd brainwash people into thinking that the game MUST be better. People make up their own mind here by playing the game. Tons of things are still broken gameplay wise, but to add to it, a bunch of things were removed and are now bug ridden that were in the non-gameplay areas. People are going to be upset. The price of the game wasn't lowered, so people's expectations aren't going to be.

Also, let's not forget the face of the gamechangers for Madden. SGibs and ZFarls (nothing personal), but they are admitted tourney type/glitch players. They profit by writing strategy guides that tell you how to simply win at Madden, completely disregarding "football", yet you are touting this as a true simulation game. Come on now...

There is a wealth of information here on OS that has been here for nearly a decade. Tiburon has chosen not to use it to improve the game. People are going to have their opinions about your game changer program. Have the mettle to take the info you need from the "negative" comments in order to make the product better. Even though you may not like how it was written or presented, the important thing is that you get the information.

People who want to play NFL games want to play football, not Madden-Ball. We're all tired of comparing this to the other game on the field, and complaining about the bugs in the mode off the field. Plenty of people want to love this game. Line play, player movement, running animations, NFL rules, NFL atmosphere, NFL presentation, realistic roster and off field management need major work to catch up to where we were. That's the feedback the team needs to hear about. When those things are finally polished and we get a product worth 65.00 that looks like a company with all access to the NFL built it, then more respect for the development team and its affiliates will follow.

You realize everything that is posted here is read by the team and taken into consideration right? I posted in response to the comment because it continues to come up and needed to be addressed. As for Farls and Gibs, those guys are literally brought in to find everything that they can at that time with the game. They don't hold anything back and the game is better because of it. I enjoy interacting with the community, so my posts won't stop. Regardless of the feedback, we're always listening.

# 129 prey2god @ 09/10/12 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
I actually prefer Madden 05...Dont think that was 10 years ago..

And didnt they "reboot" the mode for next gen...

-Juke
That reboot was horrible. Remember when they showed a cgi donovan mcnabb throwing a td and play it off as if it was actual gameplay. Our jaws dropped.

Then the game comes. Anger ensue but people still kept hope alive. They were saying "Maybe next year" or "wait you guys...they're onto something good"

This was 7 years ago. That maybe next year stuff is getting old.

# 130 Hades71 @ 09/10/12 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYwRiter94
While I prefer CCM to Franchise Mode, that is factually incorrect:

Expanded Rosters
UDFAs
Cut Days
Free Agency Bidding
New Scouting System

Now I'm not saying that these things were perfect, but Madden 12 did attempt to make changes to Franchise. People complained about those changes just like they're complaining about these.
The chinese firedrill that was free agency bidding was a joke. So was scouting. Roster filling with scrub players that the cpu teams kept as depth, more garbage.

# 131 EmmdotFrisk @ 09/10/12 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I have been wondering about this myself. How the hell are we supposed to ever get a true sim game when you have known tourney guys giving input into the game?
Gibbs and Farls provide valuable information on how to fix glitches and nano blitzes in the game. You guys would be surprised to see what they uncovered the many days and hours they spent in the studio.

# 132 sportsfan7160 @ 09/10/12 06:45 PM
any way we can get CPU play calling adjusted? if you watched week one, and pretty much all last season you'll notice teams throwing the ball like crazy [vick 56 times yesterday!] and in madden it seems 50/50 balanced, or possibly even 60/40 run. i think teams [esp. like Packers, Saints, Lions etc.] need to be 70/30 pass

i played a game 8min qrts 15secs after acc. clock agaisnt the packers and rodgers only threw 16 times and they ran with starks about 25 times. <-- this needs to be fixed

# 133 cletusdog @ 09/10/12 06:45 PM
Quote:
Game Face improvements.... hahahahahahah! I almost fell out of my chair!
Best post ever.

# 134 SincerelYourz @ 09/10/12 06:46 PM
Quote:
Xbox/PS3 memory issues come into play. I don't have all the details but it always something our developers have to be conscious about.
go ahead and lay out the cold hard facts about which system has limitations that has held the current generation back for years

# 135 BrianU @ 09/10/12 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
We can agree to disagree. It's not worth your time or mine to argue this point. I sit in the room and hear the feedback. They're not yes men. These guys just provide the feedback in a constructive way. Any one who looks at Madden 12 compared to Madden 13 can see the improvements. Those guys have played a role in that. Sure, they were just as disappointed by some things not being in, but they also understand where we're going.
I am sorry people get all wound up and emotional over your product. We all want to see improvement devs and players both and without a doubt CCM is a great building block there are many features of it that I like and see as positives.

The problem is it is unplayable for anyone who has a basic understanding of football play calling. The CPU does not perform close to the level as it does in Play Now with the exact same difficulty and sliders. Countless people on the Slider forum have worked on solutions and no one has found anything concrete to get the CPU to be competitive. In Play Now it is very competitive and the game plays GREAT. I realize CCM is a little different with things such as DPP but honestly it is more than that. The CPU plays very poorly and has awful decision making to the point it ruins the game. What is the point of building so many great features such as the draft, play progression and the frontend when the moment you enter a game it plays terribly? That is the frustrating part I WANT to enjoy it but I cant. It's like getting coal for christmas. We have a pretty big thread with mountains of evidence I made and yet EA has not responded to it despite reaching out in many ways including twitter.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...attention.html

We just want the AI to perform the same in CCM as they do in Play Now. The people begging for editing in CCM or Fantasy Drafts are missing the point. If that stuff gets patched in but the AI remains pitiful I don't think I and a lot of others will be so optimistic to purchase Madden 14. Please at least look into this and consider prioritizing it for a gameplay patch. You don't owe us anything but the truth is we WANT to enjoy your game and spend more time playing less time whining we just can't at the present time. Thank you for reaching out to the community here and enjoy the football season!

# 136 kiddlex @ 09/10/12 06:46 PM
Quote:
Not trying to interfere here, but I do have a major concern. It involves the lack of difficulty in CCM. This is not only a concern by me, but I think I can confidently say this a major concern of the community. Sliders are a very important part of the game for those who like to modify it to their liking. In CCM, it seems the sliders do not work properly.

I would like to ask that EA please evaluate how the CPU performs in CCM. Please take a look at tuning the CPU running backs so they perform as they did in the demo. Also evaluate the end of game clock management by the CPU. I know there is no need to go into detail on these things, as you have most likely already been informed of the issues.

I beg of the developers to please take a look at these things. Thanks!
This!!! Great post!!!

# 137 CT Pitbull @ 09/10/12 06:47 PM
Quote:
Yeah we are looking into addressing both of these issues and hope to announce something soon.
my man you have no idea how happy you just made me and a lot of people..thanks again. just my opinion but madden is finally back this year. the gameplay is great and i for one am impressed on how much improvements went into this ONE cycle..keep up the good work

# 138 atc43 @ 09/10/12 06:47 PM
Quote:
How is it that they come in to play with the Madden franchise but not for NHL or say Fifa? Whats is so different that makes Madden not able to achieve
what these do? Gameplay set aside, thats a different story. I do believe those games do alot more things(RIGHT) than what Madden does at the moment in their Career Modes, I could be wrong tho. Again, I could be wrong but i rarely hear about nagging issues in Franchise mode for those games.

Im a former CPU programming student. I would really enjoy discussing with a dev, or you could for me, about what makes Madden's Career mode have difficulties with XBOX/PS3 memory.

# 139 Illustrator76 @ 09/10/12 06:50 PM
Quote:
1. Be passionate/knowledgeable about the game
2. Be knowledgeable about the sport
3. Give constructive feedback
4. Advocate for the community
5. Be knowledgeable in your analysis of games
6. Be able to carry yourself with integrity
7. Be creative
This is where I personally do not believe that the most important item on this "list" is being used as criteria for picking GameChangers. First off, #2 should be paramount and carry more weight than anything else on that list. Secondly, you have a GameChanger who has proven himself 30 times over to know NOTHING about the sport of football, yet he still gets invited back over people who have WAY more football knowledge than he does.

That's probably the reason why the 4 man pass rush is still BROKEN to this day. Apparently you can only get pressure on the QB by blitzing constantly, because we were told by this "GameChanger" THAT'S the way it works the real NFL (we can't expect 4 rushers to ever beat 5 blockers is what was said), 2011 New York Giants, 2011 Philadelphia Eagles and 2011 Detroit Lions (to a lesser degree) defensive lines be damned.

This person however is a HUGE supporter of the Madden franchise, and it seems pretty clear that overrides his obvious lack of basic football knowledge and keeps him in the GameChangers program anyway.

SMH.

# 140 blklightning @ 09/10/12 06:55 PM
Yeah, this is definitely getting traded in. I can't believe they didn't fix anything.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.