Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Madden NFL 13 title update #2 arrives tomorrow, which includes a new instant start option when creating a player in CCM. The team has also fixed numerous stability issues and GameFace improvements.

While the team hasn't added the ability to edit players in CCM, they still haven't shot down the idea completely, in hopes to have it available in a future patch.

More details below.

Quote:
Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 will be available tomorrow on the Xbox 360 & PS3. The update includes a new instant start option when creating your player in Connected Careers, numerous stability fixes, and GameFace improvements.

We’d also like to remind fans who have been asking about the ability to edit players and rosters in Connected Careers that based on your feedback, the development team is currently exploring the potential option to include additional functionality in Madden NFL 13 in an upcoming title update. We’ll update you with more information in the coming weeks after the team has time to investigate and assess the situation.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Sausage @ 09/10/12 03:09 PM
Hopefully we get a list of fixes. This just seems like a waste of patch if they didn't really get more in it. Just my opinion.

# 2 dpower15 @ 09/10/12 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...9708755&type=1

Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 will be available tomorrow on the Xbox 360 & PS3. The update includes a new instant start option when creating your player in Connected Careers, numerous stability fixes, and GameFace improvements.

We’d also like to remind fans who have been asking about the ability to edit players and rosters in Connected Careers that based on your feedback, the development team is currently exploring the potential option to include additional functionality in Madden NFL 13 in an upcoming title update. We’ll update you with more information in the coming weeks after the team has time to investigate and assess the situation.
Awesome! Hopefully they're not just saying that to get everyone to relax about it and they're actually working on patching it in.

# 3 ABR173rd @ 09/10/12 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Game Face improvements.... hahahahahahah! I almost fell out of my chair!
Yeah man, I can't believe they only put out this little bit of info via facebook? I tweeted them hoping to get some more specifics on the "stability" issues. Like Offline CCM XP getting adjusted to match Online CCM XP and the CPU running issues in Offline CCM getting adjusted. Hopefully they will also have allowed us the ability to save our play calling type to "Conventional" in CCM- annother annoying issue.

I know game face is important to some people but I would imagine most of those fans would agree there are more pressing issues that should be prioritized ahead of game face.

# 4 PanthersGM305 @ 09/10/12 03:12 PM
any gameplay updates? Edit player opt?

# 5 Danimal @ 09/10/12 03:13 PM
I'm literally sitting here with mouth open. I hope stability fixes means they fixed a lot of the bugs.

# 6 SmashMan @ 09/10/12 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
Awesome! Hopefully they're not just saying that to get everyone to relax about it and they're actually working on patching it in.
I would imagine some form of editing will make it into a future patch. If not, I don't think they would address it at all.

# 7 d11king @ 09/10/12 03:13 PM
I waited 3 weeks for this ???????

Gameface????? And a new start menu option or whatever fancy word they used ????

This a joke.

# 8 steamboat @ 09/10/12 03:14 PM
I wish it were more fleshed out of a news item. I'm sure they are limited by MS/Sony in releasing the info. For instance, is offline franchise going to run like online franchise is running right now? If that is true, I will be largely happy with the game. Its just kinda deficient in details. We'll see tomorrow I suppose.

# 9 SageInfinite @ 09/10/12 03:14 PM
I hope late game ai/play calling/clock management is a fix. It ruins close games for me.

# 10 steamboat @ 09/10/12 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
I waited 3 weeks for this ???????

Gameface????? And a new start menu option or whatever fancy word they used ????

This a joke.
ALOT of people were complaining about not being able to start in an Offline CCM. They gave people that option. Outside of editing/fantasy draft it was the most complained about item in the game. Squeaky wheel and such things.

# 11 PanthersGM305 @ 09/10/12 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
Yeah man, I can't believe they only put out this little bit of info via facebook? I tweeted them hoping to get some more specifics on the "stability" issues. Like Offline CCM XP getting adjusted to match Online CCM XP and the CPU running issues in Offline CCM getting adjusted.

I know game face is important to some people but I would imagine most of those fans would agree there are more pressing issues to get adjusted.
I hope this is not just a face scan update cause i barely use it, My created coach is the only coach with a headset..lol But i rather like to know if the Player edit opt , and choosing your roster to start CCM.. Btw over the weekend they put the option to 75 man roster that was not there before and you can hear the sounds if you toggle from side to side.. I just want to be able to edit my players i..e. rookie linemen with no gloves dark visors on a LT ..crap i almost dont want to go to work 2morrow...lol come EA my boss isn't going to like ya very much first it was Aug 28 now sept 11...lol

# 12 Seth136 @ 09/10/12 03:19 PM
Not just editing, I'd like the "Create a Team" and Fantasy Draft features to be back as well, or at least to remove the salary cap in the rosters used for quick matches. Would be cool to play a Madden league with a fantasy draft here at home with my pals.

# 13 steamboat @ 09/10/12 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth136
Not just editing, I'd like the "Create a Team" and Fantasy Draft features to be back as well, or at least to remove the salary cap in the rosters used for quick matches. Would be cool to play a Madden league with a fantasy draft here at home with my pals.
These are confirmed to not be coming to madden 13.

# 14 ABR173rd @ 09/10/12 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Stability improvements? Sliders improve stability right

Just a heads up for some of you offline CCM guys that believe the CPU running is garbage regardless of slider and difficulty adjustments. I tweeted @EAMaddenNFL regarding more specifics on this in the patch and their response was- "What would you like to see changed about the CPU running", this is not a good sign that this issue has been addressed in update# 2. Unless there is a disconnect with whoever runs their twitter account and the guys patching the game, I wouldn't get my hopes up until we get more specifics.

# 15 Rawdeal28 @ 09/10/12 03:22 PM
i been waiting to start my CC. i cant wait a few more weeks to save schemes and for injuries to stick!

come on man

# 16 roadman @ 09/10/12 03:22 PM
I tried to tell everyone not to expect much to get fixed on the first patch update. The bugs that have been flying around and being discovered the last few weeks might be covered in the next title update.

This patch is for everything that was caught once the game went gold. ie stability issues, etc... even GameFace.

# 17 azdawgpound @ 09/10/12 03:27 PM
hmm i didn't hear anything about offline CCM? wasent that one main reasons for this patch? or are they still wanting everybody to play online CC? i havent started one yet because all problems i heard with freezing etc. also hope it fixes some the problems with the cmp AI not wanting to respond by having the cb on left side just stand there and watches the wr run straight down field for TD's this happens on ps3 not sure about xbox 360?? also i hope they fix it and tone down the cmp AI some way to fast reflexs with all int's.

# 18 Falconfreak @ 09/10/12 03:27 PM
I hope we can get the offline franchise mode patched to work like the online with the XP and coach schemes not saving fixed at the very least.

# 19 steamboat @ 09/10/12 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
hmm i didn't hear anything about offline CCM? wasent that one main reasons for this patch? or are they still wanting everybody to play online CC? i havent started one yet because all problems i heard with freezing etc. also hope it fixes some the problems with the cmp AI not wanting to respond by having the cb on left side just stand there and watches the wr run straight down field for TD's this happens on ps3 not sure about xbox 360?? also i hope they fix it and tone down the cmp AI some way to fast reflexs with all int's.
If they want me to play online CCM they must fix the "stability issues" of online CCM pertaining to me even being able to get on the mode.

# 20 DELUS1ONAL @ 09/10/12 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I hope late game ai/play calling/clock management is a fix. It ruins close games for me.
This should be their number one priority imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Previous1234567891415Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.