Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Madden NFL 13 title update #2 arrives tomorrow, which includes a new instant start option when creating a player in CCM. The team has also fixed numerous stability issues and GameFace improvements.

While the team hasn't added the ability to edit players in CCM, they still haven't shot down the idea completely, in hopes to have it available in a future patch.

More details below.

Quote:
Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 will be available tomorrow on the Xbox 360 & PS3. The update includes a new instant start option when creating your player in Connected Careers, numerous stability fixes, and GameFace improvements.

We’d also like to remind fans who have been asking about the ability to edit players and rosters in Connected Careers that based on your feedback, the development team is currently exploring the potential option to include additional functionality in Madden NFL 13 in an upcoming title update. We’ll update you with more information in the coming weeks after the team has time to investigate and assess the situation.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Dewiel @ 09/10/12 03:32 PM
Guys,

Keep in mind that this update is coming two weeks after launch. We don't generally have second update this early and it's mainly for stability items and a few items that we wanted to get in right away. As we stated on Facebook, we're aware of the other issues out there and we're looking into them as well. It's just not part of this update. As always, thanks for the feedback.

# 22 Lionhammer @ 09/10/12 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLegendOS
How many times do we have to see corners biting on non fakes by the qb.... Corners come in and the CPU QB does not even pump fake and at least once a game the CPU gets a 60 yard bomb where the receiver is wide open by 25 yards.
Stop pressing down on on the R-stick at the snap of the ball...

# 23 ImaGamer_OS @ 09/10/12 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I tried to tell everyone not to expect much to get fixed on the first patch update. The bugs that have been flying around and being discovered the last few weeks might be covered in the next title update.

This patch is for everything that was caught once the game went gold. ie stability issues, etc... even GameFace.
Well said and spot on in my opinion.

# 24 at23steelers @ 09/10/12 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
Guys,

Keep in mind that this update is coming two weeks after launch. We don't generally have second update this early and it's mainly for stability items and a few items that we wanted to get in right away. As we stated on Facebook, we're aware of the other issues out there and we're looking into them as well. It's just not part of this update. As always, thanks for the feedback.
Any specifics regarding the "stability" issues? Also, the CPU clock management seemed pretty apparent to me, not sure why that couldn't have been fixed for this patch.

# 25 ImaGamer_OS @ 09/10/12 03:36 PM
Quote:
Guys,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the forum Dewiel. Much appreciated.

# 26 steamboat @ 09/10/12 03:37 PM
Quote:
Guys,

I'm glad to get the patch, I am. I just have no idea what is being patched.

# 27 Old Mr T @ 09/10/12 03:37 PM
What about co-op in CCM?

Surely Josh and the team can restore a core gameplay mode that's been present for 15+ years.

Co-op only gamers, who have been loyal to the Madden series for many years, really want to enjoy Madden 13 so please patch co-op into CCM.

# 28 steamboat @ 09/10/12 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mr T
What about co-op in CCM?

Surely Josh and the team can restore a core gameplay mode that's been present for 15+ years.

Co-op only gamers, who have been loyal to the Madden series for many years, really want to enjoy Madden 13 so please patch co-op into CCM.
I'm almost certain that this was ruled out. Its a bigger ordeal then you probably think.

# 29 roadman @ 09/10/12 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Any specifics regarding the "stability" issues? Also, the CPU clock management seemed pretty apparent to me, not sure why that couldn't have been fixed for this patch.
Assuming this patch probably was sent in before the game launched or at the same time.

# 30 greenegt @ 09/10/12 03:39 PM
I was not encouraged by that Facebook post, but I'm holding out hope for significant fixes in this patch. Either way, I'm starting my CCM after I grab it and the updated roster.

Edit: Thanks for clarifying, Dewiel. Makes sense.

# 31 steamboat @ 09/10/12 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLegendOS
Am not a noob at the game. I know that pressing down on the stick makes players play the run. I am not pressing down on the stick.

This is a glitch in the way the A.I defense reacts in the game just like game flow is broken making me go shot gun when I am up and the cpu has no time outs under a minute to go.

Yet it works fine before half time telling me to kneel.

go figure
I think gameflow runs on the same logic of the cpu play calling. Thus, if cpu has poor end of game decisions, gameflow will as well.

# 32 Danimal @ 09/10/12 03:44 PM
Quote:
Assuming this patch probably was sent in before the game launched or at the same time.
You're also assuming a lot of these items weren't know about before launch. Call me cynical I find it hard to believe auto subs, accelerated clock, zoom camera etc weren't "caught" before release.

# 33 roadman @ 09/10/12 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat
I'm glad to get the patch, I am. I just have no idea what is being patched.
We will find out for certain tomorrow.

The main point was to not get any hopes up because any bugs found after the game was out wouldn't be in this title update because the fixes were probably sent in before or during the game launch to the public.

Takes 2 weeks to certify a patch once it's in MS/Sony's hands.

# 34 at23steelers @ 09/10/12 03:45 PM
Quote:
Fair enough, I think I saw the 2nd patch for M12 was October 17. I was just thinking with GC's and release playing the game even before us, and the testers at EA, someone should've picked up on the CPU clock management and play calling. I figured it out from the 1st game I played.

# 35 roadman @ 09/10/12 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
You're also assuming a lot of these items weren't know about before launch. Call me cynical I find it hard to believe auto subs, accelerated clock, zoom camera etc weren't "caught" before release.
I'm just going by history.

Major fixes after the game comes out is usually in a title update in October or November.

I'll be surprised if they deviate from history.

I maybe wrong, we'll see tomorrow, but the patch info that came out today didn't leave me feeling different.

# 36 ABR173rd @ 09/10/12 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
You could also throw in the inability to save "conventional play calling" in CCM, and the terrible A.I. running regardless of the difficulty. These are issue's that did not pop up right before or after release. I'm fine with player editing being possibly being patched in later as it was made clear that it wouldn't be in this version early on.

I'm not fine with getting 100 XP points for practice in offline CCM when the same practice yields 1,000 XP in Online CCM and they didn't tune it before release.

# 37 PanthersGM305 @ 09/10/12 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
there's something about reading posts overreacting to every little thing. I mean there isn't a detailed list and people are jumping to conclusions that certain stuff wont be fixed... obviously there wont be player editing. Oh well, it's really a non issue if the numbers will auto change...
Lol Dayyum you just stuck a fork in my chest..harr.. ahh ...wait no player editing....So what i am going to do with my first & second draft picks RB Bull Riggs from UCLA has no gloves and has these weird looking elbow pads... Plus my 1 WR stud from Miami he also has no gloves.. Theres also a recovered drug addict EA made him a QB lol.. wow he doens't have the flank jacket EA...
& no uniforms updates... makes me not want to play with Carolina Panthers since their color schemes are way off the pants are silver not white EA... FUG man they don't seem to care.

# 38 Old Mr T @ 09/10/12 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat
I'm almost certain that this was ruled out. Its a bigger ordeal then you probably think.
I'm not technical so I can't say either way, but it's only a controller select menu, exactly the same as Play Now but in CCM; 1 Profile with 2-4 human teammates.......doesn't sound like rocket science in the grand scheme of things.

# 39 Danimal @ 09/10/12 03:58 PM
Quote:
I'm just going by history.

Major fixes after the game comes out is usually in a title update in October or November.
Ah but that's different then what you said at first. You said to paraphrase

"The bugs that have been flying around and being discovered the last few weeks might be covered in the next title update. This patch is for everything that was caught once the game went gold."

I'm saying I find it hard to believe they didn't know things like auto subs, accelerated clock and zoom camera were busted before going gold.

2 different arguments. IMO anyway.

If the argument is they don't do a major game play patch until later so they can add more to it that's fine. Insinuating these things just got caught post release... yeah not buying that but that's just my opinion.

# 40 cdncurrency @ 09/10/12 03:58 PM
Another lost game to connection. Im not even signed out of PSN. Ridiculous.....this would be nice to have fixed in the patch.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.