Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

2K Sports has revealed NBA 2K13 player ratings for 3 more players.
  • Dwight Howard – 96
  • Chris Bosh - 83
  • Roy Hibbert - 86
Previously revealed NBA 2K13 player ratings below.
  • Eric Gordon – 85
  • Aaron Brooks - 77
  • Manu Ginobili - 86
  • Marc Gasol – 83
  • Pau Gasol – 87
  • Serge Ibaka – 81
  • Javale McGee – 74
  • Josh Smith – 87
  • Kemba Walker - 78
  • Kendall Marshall - 65
  • Evan Turner - 75
  • Steve Nash - 87
  • Danny Granger - 84
  • Kenneth Faried - 76
  • Grant Hill - 77
  • Austin Rivers - 67
  • Chris Paul - 94
  • Amare Stoudemire - 84
  • Andrew Bynum - 87
  • Michael Kidd-Gilchrist - 78
  • Tyreke Evans - 81
  • Michael Jordan - 99
  • Derrick Rose - 92
  • Allen Iverson - 95 (00-01 NBA Finals Iverson)
  • Jared Dudley - 75
  • Thomas Robinson - 75
  • Scottie Pippen - 92
  • Kevin Love - 89
  • Anthony Davis - 80
  • Monta Ellis - 86
  • Dion Waiters - 71
  • Andre Iguodala - 87
  • Kobe Bryant - 93
  • Carmelo Anthony - 92
  • Rajon Rondo - 90
  • Kevin Durant - 94 (Dropped 1 point)
  • Blake Griffin - 86 (Dropped 1 point)
  • Harrison Barnes - 75

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 Slick ric @ 09/20/12 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
The MVP is the worst way to determine who is a better player. Fact is Rose won that because he was on the best team in the regular season that year with a very good defensive team. At Kobe's highest production he lost 2 MVPs to Nash only to get it in 08 when Lebron had one of his better years. CP3 is definitely the best PG in the league when you tally up all aspects of bball. He's a better shooter, passer and much better defender than Rose is.
No......Rose won the MVP because he accounted for more of his team points than any player that season being the only guy on the team who could consistently create for himself and others. Rose was the only player in the top ten in both Points and assist. Rose was just the seventh player and only PG( depending on if you consider the Big O to be a PG) to average over 25 PPG, 7.5 AST, 4.0 REB. Rose was the only PG( Again, depending on if you consider the Big O to be a PG) to amass over 2000 points, 600 assist and 300 rebounds in a season. Being the PG of the team, Rose led his team to the best record in the league despite missing his second and third best players at the time in Noah and Boozer for a combine 57 games. He also had the obstacle of acclimating to a new coach, system and eight new players. Rose performed the best against the best defenses in the league that season( NOT OPINION, actual stat done by basketball-reference.com that year). Rose brought his team back from more fourth quarter deficits than anyone and was a top clutch performer that season as well. CP3 is not a much better defender than Rose, he's much better at stealing the ball but Rose is just as good of an defender. Rose is just more effective than CP3, Rose practically outplays his opponent every night, No other PG outplays their competition on a night-to-night basis more consistently than Rose. Didn't Rose totally outplay CP3 in their head-to-head match-up in the beginning of last season? I bet if the table were reverse we would be bringing this fact up.

# 202 Slick ric @ 09/20/12 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTCU
So is Steve Nash better than Kobe? Smh you are the definition of a casual fan
How is he a casual fan? Rose has outplayed CP3 several times so to say he's not on his level is asinine.

# 203 vanboening21 @ 09/20/12 11:52 PM
How is Chris Bosh rated lower than Amare?

# 204 ojandpizza @ 09/21/12 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick ric
No......Rose won the MVP because he accounted for more of his team points than any player that season being the only guy on the team who could consistently create for himself and others. Rose was the only player in the top ten in both Points and assist. Rose was just the seventh player and only PG( depending on if you consider the Big O to be a PG) to average over 25 PPG, 7.5 AST, 4.0 REB. Rose was the only PG( Again, depending on if you consider the Big O to be a PG) to amass over 2000 points, 600 assist and 300 rebounds in a season. Being the PG of the team, Rose led his team to the best record in the league despite missing his second and third best players at the time in Noah and Boozer for a combine 57 games. He also had the obstacle of acclimating to a new coach, system and eight new players. Rose performed the best against the best defenses in the league that season( NOT OPINION, actual stat done by basketball-reference.com that year). Rose brought his team back from more fourth quarter deficits than anyone and was a top clutch performer that season as well. CP3 is not a much better defender than Rose, he's much better at stealing the ball but Rose is just as good of an defender. Rose is just more effective than CP3, Rose practically outplays his opponent every night, No other PG outplays their competition on a night-to-night basis more consistently than Rose. Didn't Rose totally outplay CP3 in their head-to-head match-up in the beginning of last season? I bet if the table were reverse we would be bringing this fact up.
Regardless of the fact that D Rose is the only PG other than O average 25, 7, and 4, - 7.5 assists is not AT ALL impressive for an elite PG.. Actually I'm surprised they even let a PG who doesn't average a double double win the MVP award.. I mean no center averaging under 10 boards per is going to get any votes, tell me I'm wrong?

I'm also VERY surprised they let a player only averaging 25ppg win the MVP award without averaging a double double as well.

MVP = most valuable player. Rose may have played well but number wise he should not have won MVP, and value wise he should not have won.. You're going to tell me he brings the same value to his team that LeBron, KD, CP3, Kobe or even Rondo does..?? Combine that with the fact that he didn't even have a superb stat line.

Rose winning MVP was a fluke, anybody who watched the NBA this past season saw the Bulls flourish to the best record in te east while their "MVP" missed most of the games, and the games he didn't miss wasn't 100%.. That teams defense has 10 times the value to their wins that D Rose does..

Rose better be very happy he won that MVP because I highly doubt he's ever getting another one SMH.. I've never actually went back and looked at his numbers until now, I'm very shocked, I was somewhat shocked before but now I can't believe he won, that is just not impressive at all..

# 205 ojandpizza @ 09/21/12 12:31 AM
^ after looking into it even more he didn't even do anything to offset his low assist average, steals were LOW, turnovers HIGH, I am now completely astonished lol..

How can you have low assists and high turnovers as a PG and win MVP? This is blowing my mind..

lol 6'8 SMALL FORWARD LeBron was averaging more assists in his 2nd MVP season with Cleveland, wow just wow..

# 206 ojandpizza @ 09/21/12 12:40 AM
To find another PG who won MVP without averaging 10APG you have to go allllll the way back to 1956-57 when Cousy was only averaging 7.5.. The only other instance that this has ever happened, nineteen freakin fifty six lol wow

Also, NO Center has ever won with under 10 boards, the closest to that was PF Dirk at 9, and PF Malone at 9.9 and 9.4

# 207 ojandpizza @ 09/21/12 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorPrince
Rose won the MVP because he was the best player on the team with the best record and they didn't see much of a reason to give it to Lebron at the time. Rose did not put up MVP numbers.

You could make the case for a few others as well, but the performance of their teams and their impact on that team was enough to offset that in the eyes of the voters.

Speaking purely from a statistical point of view [considering PER, EFF] Chris Paul, Tracy McGrady, D-Wade, Kobe, multiple big men, and a few others have dominated some years when they finished in the 5 for MVP voting, but the performance of their teams was not enough to warrant them receiving the trophy.

I think the record of the team weighs almost as much as the players stat line.
I know why he won it, I understand they had the best record.. But them having the top record doesn't mean it was all Rose, I mean we clearly saw this past year how good they still were without him.. That has to drop his value tremendously.. Let's see the Heat without Bron, or Lakers without Kobe, or Thunder without Durant, Or (here's the big one) the Magic without Dwight.. All those guys have more "value" to their team than Rose does/did.

The Heat were 4 wins away, Thunder 7 wins away, Lakers 5 wins away, Boston 6 wins away, Orlando 10 wins away > Not to mention all of these teams are playoff teams.. After that record means NOTHING except for home court advantage.. It's moronic that they even let the record of a team dictate that much, if you're a playoff team that's all that matters.. Did the Bulls win it all? Or even make the Finals?

LeBron, Wade, Howard, Durant, Kobe all of those guys could/should have won it over him, Dwight had a MONSTER year..

Hell even Rondo averaged a double double lol

# 208 24ct @ 09/21/12 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Regardless of the fact that D Rose is the only PG other than O average 25, 7, and 4, - 7.5 assists is not AT ALL impressive for an elite PG.. Actually I'm surprised they even let a PG who doesn't average a double double win the MVP award.. I mean no center averaging under 10 boards per is going to get any votes, tell me I'm wrong?

I'm also VERY surprised they let a player only averaging 25ppg win the MVP award without averaging a double double as well.

MVP = most valuable player. Rose may have played well but number wise he should not have won MVP, and value wise he should not have won.. You're going to tell me he brings the same value to his team that LeBron, KD, CP3, Kobe or even Rondo does..?? Combine that with the fact that he didn't even have a superb stat line.

Rose winning MVP was a fluke, anybody who watched the NBA this past season saw the Bulls flourish to the best record in te east while their "MVP" missed most of the games, and the games he didn't miss wasn't 100%.. That teams defense has 10 times the value to their wins that D Rose does..

Rose better be very happy he won that MVP because I highly doubt he's ever getting another one SMH.. I've never actually went back and looked at his numbers until now, I'm very shocked, I was somewhat shocked before but now I can't believe he won, that is just not impressive at all..
So....
How is 25 7 & 4 not impressive for a PG to you?

What other PG puts up THOSE numbers besides Westbrook?
His assists actually dropped with a higher point total...
Rose was 3 assists away from a double double...

# 209 ojandpizza @ 09/21/12 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
So....
How is 25 7 & 4 not impressive for a PG to you?

What other PG puts up THOSE numbers besides Westbrook?
His assists actually dropped with a higher point total...
Rose was 3 assists away from a double double...

What do you mean how? 7 assists per game from an all star caliber PG, scratch that MVP WINNING PG.. That's not good much less great..

Like I said before you have to go all the way back to 1956 to find another PG who won MVP without averaging at least 10 assist per game..

7 assists and 3.5 turnovers, you think that's impressive? LeBron averaged more assists in his second MVP year and he isn't even a PG, and he was also putting up 30 PPG..

Steve freakin Nash, Even out rebounded rose in his second MVP year.. STEVE NASH, dude has no business getting more rebounds than D Rose.. And you still think that's impressive?

And he only averaged 1.0 steal per game as well.. Somebody that quick, and explosive 1 steal? It's obvious the most important part of the Bulls success is their defense, and Rose contributed only 1 steal per game to that? Still impressive?

Durant at 28,7,3

Howard at 23,14- and defensive player of the year.

LeBron at 26.7, 7.1, 7 - all defensive first team

Wade at 25.4, 5.1, 6.3

Any of these guys would have been a better choice in my opinion. Especially considering they bring more VALUE to their teams than does Rose.. As much as I hate to say it I think Dwight should have walked with it, if not he then LeBron..

# 210 ojandpizza @ 09/21/12 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky White
Terrible rosters by 2k per usual. Seems I'll be doing a whole bunch of editing, particularly to Lakers players, whom seem to have fans in positions that matter on the dev team.

Howard a 96? Gasol an 87? Just an absolute joke. Especially considering Howard is two full points above Durant, whom was clearly better than Howard last season and while leading his team to the finals where he posted one of the greatest scoring performances of all time.(30ppg/54fg%/65ts%)

And if Hibbert is an 86, Demarcus Cousins and Greg Monroe need to be 88-90. Same goes for James Harden, should be 87-88 if Manu and Gordon are 86 and 85 respectively.
James Harden 87-88? NO!

# 211 Altimus @ 09/21/12 09:19 AM
Quote:
What do you mean how? 7 assists per game from an all star caliber PG, scratch that MVP WINNING PG.. That's not good much less great..

Like I said before you have to go all the way back to 1956 to find another PG who won MVP without averaging at least 10 assist per game..

7 assists and 3.5 turnovers, you think that's impressive? LeBron averaged more assists in his second MVP year and he isn't even a PG, and he was also putting up 30 PPG..

Steve freakin Nash, Even out rebounded rose in his second MVP year.. STEVE NASH, dude has no business getting more rebounds than D Rose.. And you still think that's impressive?

And he only averaged 1.0 steal per game as well.. Somebody that quick, and explosive 1 steal? It's obvious the most important part of the Bulls success is their defense, and Rose contributed only 1 steal per game to that? Still impressive?

Durant at 28,7,3

Wade at 25.4, 5.1, 6.3

Any of these guys would have been a better choice in my opinion. Especially considering they bring more VALUE to their teams than does Rose.. As much as I hate to say it I think Dwight should have walked with it, if not he then LeBron..
We get it, you don't think Rose shouldn't have won. Done. Now stop looking into stats so much... and if you knew anything about stats you would know steal stats don't translate much into defensive contribution. Just because you're averaging 2.5 steals per doesn't mean you're a great defender or helping your team when you get 2 steals on every 10 times you over play the passing lanes. This isn't always the case but can be. See AI.

# 212 iLLosophy @ 09/21/12 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Just because you're averaging 2.5 steals per doesn't mean you're a great defender or helping your team when you get 2 steals on every 10 times you over play the passing lanes. This isn't always the case but can be. See AI.
Or westbrook.

# 213 DBMcGee3 @ 09/21/12 10:58 AM
Marc Gasoft is as good as Chris Bosh? C'mon man!

# 214 24ct @ 09/21/12 11:23 AM
Quote:

Durant at 28,7,3

Wade at 25.4, 5.1, 6.3

Chicago with Rose made it to the EC Finals...
Chicago without Rose lost in the 1st Round....To an 8th seed....

& You really dont think Rose is important to his team?

Stats dont tell the whole story and if they did a line of 25,7 & 4 for POINT GUARD is outstanding. How many other point guards average that? Derrick Rose averaging 3 more assists wouldnt make that much of a difference and if he did he would avg less points which would make him Chris Paul & Steve Nash not Derrick Rose. He is Rose because he scores like a primary option. And he plays Point Guard the best he can with that Bulls Roster. No shooters outside of Korver...And he manages 7 assists with no offensive threats outside of him and possibly Boozer or Deng and thats not good enough.

If Rose had the talent around him he would avg your beloved double double and then what? Its not all about double double.
Especially when you add his point total takes away from his assist total. Its simple. The more he shoots the more he scores but the less assists he averages because he HAS to score more....He also makes his team better by doing that...he takes pressure off of them....which is why with him they made the EC finals and without him they lost in the 1st round to an 8th seed....

Lebron is a Point Foward....
Thats what he does. Lebron averaged more assists than ALOT of point guards & is the ONLY SF and possibly only player not a PG even in the TOP 15/20 in assists. He plays point from the forward position but what do I know?

But lets not get too off topic....

Im assuming they have Bosh @ Center and if so that would explain his 83 rating but I still think he should be at least closer to 90 than 80. Hes an allstar....But thats 2k for you

# 215 yungsta404 @ 09/21/12 11:55 AM
Hibbert is wildly Inconsistent dunno y he is an 86 overall but Whatever.

# 216 ojandpizza @ 09/21/12 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
Chicago with Rose made it to the EC Finals...
Chicago without Rose lost in the 1st Round....To an 8th seed....

& You really dont think Rose is important to his team?

Stats dont tell the whole story and if they did a line of 25,7 & 4 for POINT GUARD is outstanding. How many other point guards average that? Derrick Rose averaging 3 more assists wouldnt make that much of a difference and if he did he would avg less points which would make him Chris Paul & Steve Nash not Derrick Rose. He is Rose because he scores like a primary option. And he plays Point Guard the best he can with that Bulls Roster. No shooters outside of Korver...And he manages 7 assists with no offensive threats outside of him and possibly Boozer or Deng and thats not good enough.

If Rose had the talent around him he would avg your beloved double double and then what? Its not all about double double.
Especially when you add his point total takes away from his assist total. Its simple. The more he shoots the more he scores but the less assists he averages because he HAS to score more....He also makes his team better by doing that...he takes pressure off of them....which is why with him they made the EC finals and without him they lost in the 1st round to an 8th seed....

Lebron is a Point Foward....
Thats what he does. Lebron averaged more assists than ALOT of point guards & is the ONLY SF and possibly only player not a PG even in the TOP 15/20 in assists. He plays point from the forward position but what do I know?

But lets not get too off topic....

Im assuming they have Bosh @ Center and if so that would explain his 83 rating but I still think he should be at least closer to 90 than 80. Hes an allstar....But thats 2k for you
I do think Rose is important to his team, just not as much as those other guys.

Yeah the Bulls went from conference finals to a first round exit but again MVP voting isn't judged about how far you make it in the playoffs. It's your record, which this past season was still tops in the East without him for much of the season.. Besides that they were still a playoff team, you honestly believe 2 years ago the same could have been said for Orlando without Dwight or OKC without Durant?

And you're saying that Deng, Boozer, Korver, Gibson aren't just as good of options to get their assists to as CP3 had in New Orleans, or LeBron in Cleveland? Or even Deron in Utah? Hell Deron had Boozer looking like a top 5 PF in the league back then.. Point is the ball is almost always in his hands, 25 points or not I dont see a reason for that low of assists..

Yeah LeBron plays point forward, and yeah he averages more assists than ALOT of PGs but those PGs aren't passing him up for MVP awards.

But everybody here is right this is getting too far off topic, I'm sorry for the Rose rant lol.. I didn't mean to hate on the guy, I like him as a player, his numbers and accolades are very impressive..just not for an MVP, IMO..

# 217 ojandpizza @ 09/21/12 12:39 PM
So on to my new question lol.. I've saw on here now, but also in many other threads lots of love for Harden. People thinking his overall should have been much higher even on 2k12, and wanting to consider him one of the top 5 SG guards in the league.. Idk if I'm missing something or if it's just the OKC buzz that's making people so Harden "crazy" but...

His role is to come off the bench and get buckets right? Around 16-17 PPG is very good and very six man of the year worthy, but an 88 overall? He's not near the defender of a Ginobili, much less of a hustle player, I know Ginobili's past season was down some but pretty much every year before that I've saw much more production from him than I have Harden..

Actually Harden's numbers are very comparable to guys like Nick Young and Jamal Crawford.. Those guys have pretty much the same role as well, come in and get buckets.. Nick Young a couple years back in Washington actually had a better season than Harden's, and Crawford has had many seasons with higher numbers than Harden.

Louis Williams is another guy who's numbers are fairly similar as well.. My point is why would Harden be THAT much higher than those guys? Not saying he isn't a good player but what puts him at almost a 90 when the guys I mentioned are likely to even be in the 80s at all? A guy like Crawford would even have higher ball handling, speed, quickness, and passing ratings, so would Lou Williams, and Ginobili would have far better defensive ratings, hustle ratings, probably passing as well and ball handling maybe too?

So I'm asking here, what is supposed to separate Harden.. The fact that he "comes of the bench" argument I don't want to here.. All of the guys mentioned have spent much time coming off the bench and Harden at 31 minutes per game is still getting starting player minutes, in some cases more than some of the guys I named..

I actually really like Harden, love the beard, love the fact him being left handed throws off a lot of defenders as well.. But what is so impressive about what he does? Especially considering his load is greatly lightened by playing with two elite scorers like Westbrook and Durant?

# 218 raps218 @ 09/21/12 01:32 PM
Quote:
So on to my new question lol.. I've saw on here now, but also in many other threads lots of love for Harden. People thinking his overall should have been much higher even on 2k12, and wanting to consider him one of the top 5 SG guards in the league.. Idk if I'm missing something or if it's just the OKC buzz that's making people so Harden "crazy" but...

His role is to come off the bench and get buckets right? Around 16-17 PPG is very good and very six man of the year worthy, but an 88 overall? He's not near the defender of a Ginobili, much less of a hustle player, I know Ginobili's past season was down some but pretty much every year before that I've saw much more production from him than I have Harden..

Actually Harden's numbers are very comparable to guys like Nick Young and Jamal Crawford.. Those guys have pretty much the same role as well, come in and get buckets.. Nick Young a couple years back in Washington actually had a better season than Harden's, and Crawford has had many seasons with higher numbers than Harden.

Louis Williams is another guy who's numbers are fairly similar as well.. My point is why would Harden be THAT much higher than those guys? Not saying he isn't a good player but what puts him at almost a 90 when the guys I mentioned are likely to even be in the 80s at all? A guy like Crawford would even have higher ball handling, speed, quickness, and passing ratings, so would Lou Williams, and Ginobili would have far better defensive ratings, hustle ratings, probably passing as well and ball handling maybe too?

So I'm asking here, what is supposed to separate Harden.. The fact that he "comes of the bench" argument I don't want to here.. All of the guys mentioned have spent much time coming off the bench and Harden at 31 minutes per game is still getting starting player minutes, in some cases more than some of the guys I named..

I actually really like Harden, love the beard, love the fact him being left handed throws off a lot of defenders as well.. But what is so impressive about what he does? Especially considering his load is greatly lightened by playing with two elite scorers like Westbrook and Durant?

I think its just 2k being 2k. Year after year they do some pretty terrible ratings. I do like harden. like his game. and i love the beard. With all that being said, when ratings are being considered every player should be rated on an all time scale. I redo ratings every year. i dont give anyone a 99. Not prime mj, not lebron. the highest i give is a 96. And the highest rating will be lebron prolly between 94 and 96. Dwight howard is no 96. maybe 88-90. Bosh likely a 86. Hibbert maybe a 78. Harden could be an 80.

90-95 is reserved for perennial all stars who have the ability to take over and change every game. Must have defensive and offensive dominance.(Lebron, cp3, kd, kobe, d wade) *westbrook and rose are borderline*

85-89 is reserved for all stars (rondo,ginobilli,lamarcus aldrigde,kevin love) or people with all star numbers.

79-84 is for strong players who can take over a game in one aspect and are still decent at another. (Strong d and good offense or vice versa. ex james harden, kyle lowry,danny granger,tyson chandler) steve nash would be here because of his stellar offence even tho his defense is sub par. potential 6th men of the year are here also

74-78 is for able and contributing players who are on the cusp of becoming a really good player or are on their way down from becoming a good player.(jamal crawford, jason terry,) very few rookies in my eyes are an 80. and anthony davis is no 80.

69-73 is for players who are rookies, or contrubutors off the bench who likely get 15 mins or less a game.

# 219 chronoxiong @ 09/21/12 09:05 PM
Dwight Howard is rated too high. He's overratted now because he can't shoot jumpers still and sucks bad at the free-throw line. He should be a 93 or something. Not 96. Bosh should be in the high 80's as he's pretty damn good. Since he's stuck with the Big Three, it's hard to take him as an elite talent in the 90's I guess now.

# 220 andeee @ 09/21/12 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoxiong
Dwight Howard is rated too high. He's overratted now because he can't shoot jumpers still and sucks bad at the free-throw line. He should be a 93 or something. Not 96. Bosh should be in the high 80's as he's pretty damn good. Since he's stuck with the Big Three, it's hard to take him as an elite talent in the 90's I guess now.
Shooting jumpers and free throws aren't high priority for centers in 2K's rating system. Not being able to do either well isn't going to drop his rating by 3 points.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.