Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

Check out the NBA 2K13 video, featuring the first roster update.

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 VDusen04 @ 10/10/12 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
How is it that the Nets signed/drafted 2 players back in June and July(Shengalia/Teletovic) and they're STILL not on the roster?

I can understand if they were they just signed to the team last week, but these signings happened back in the summer so what gives 2K? Seriously?
I have to assume there must be some sort of details that must be finalized regarding some of the foreign players and their new contracts vs. their old Euro contracts.

# 62 Bulls321974 @ 10/10/12 11:23 AM
@2K: Please change Oklahoma City's shoe and sock color on road games from white to black!

While we're on it, the Sacramento Kings wear white shoes and socks at home instead of black ones. This has been wrong for the third straight year now although it got fixed every time via patches/roster updates! Why can't you just integrate all these corrected accessories into next game on disc? Seriously, it can't be that hard...

Apart from that, this is the best NBA 2K game yet! By far!

# 63 RyDaddy215 @ 10/10/12 11:28 AM
Why isn't Teletovic in the game yet! He signed before any FA or rookie period. Smh.

# 64 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 10/10/12 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmR
Has anyone hexed into the disc and checked if the international players are even there? Some of the user edited rosters had the 2nd rounders yesterday but all the international players were not there. I wonder if they even made them....sadly I want to start my assoc. but I am really into the realism part of the game and its far from that right now.

This was posted by PJT in the Rosters Thread. I think 2K needs to give a look at these and make them happen. Even if they just dropped the non-guaranteed contracts in the FA would be great.

Fully Guaranteed Players missing from NBA 2K13.

Knicks:
James White – 1 year Guaranteed contract
Pablo Prigioni – 1 year guaranteed contract
Magic:
Kyle O’Quinn – 1 year guaranteed with team option for 2nd year
unguaranteed
Nets:
Mirza Teletovic – 3 year guaranteed contract
Tornike Shengelia - 1 year guaranteed contract with 2nd year team option unguaranteed.
Pistons:
Kyle Singler – 3 year guaranteed contract
Slava Krostov – One year guaranteed with unguaranteed team option for
2nd year
Raptors:
Alan Anderson – One Year Contract Guaranteed
Rockets:
Shaun Livingston missing from game
Scott Machado - 2 year partially guaranteed contract
Spurs:
Nando De Colo - 2 year guaranteed contract
T-Wolves:
Alexey Shved – 2 year Guaranteed contract
Trailblazers:
Joel Freeland – 3 year guaranteed contract
Victor Claver – 3 year guaranteed contract

Unguaranteed Players Missing from NBA 2K13:

76ers:
Maalik Wayns – Unguaranteed
Cavs:
Donald Sloan - Unguaranteed
Kevin Jones - Unguaranteed
Michael Eric - Unguaranteed
Celtics:
Kris Joseph - Unguaranteed
Dionte Christmas - Unguaranteed
Jamar Smith - Unguaranteed
Hornets:
Brian Roberts - Unguaranteed
Lance Thomas - Unguaranteed
Jazz:
Kevin Murphy – 2 year unguaranteed contract
Chris Quinn - Unguaranteed
Knicks:
Rasheed Wallace - Unguaranteed
Chris Smith - Unguaranteed
John Shurma - Unguaranteed
Chris Copeland - Unguaranteed
Lakers:
Darius Johnson Odom - Unguaranteed
Robert Sacre - Unguaranteed
Chris Douglas Roberts - Unguaranteed
Nuggets:
Julyan Stone – Unguaranteed contract
Suns:
PJ Tucker – unguaranteed contract
Warriors:
Kent Bazemore – Unguaranteed

Players to Remove from Free Agent List as they signed overseas for 2012-2013 Season

PG:

Earl Boykins - Retired

Carlos Arroyo - Signed overseas

Zabian Dowdell - Signed Overseas

Willie Warren - Signed Overseas

Lester Hudson - Signed Overseas

SG:

Rudy Fernandez - Signed Overseas

Maurice Ager - Retired

SF:
Tracy Mcgrady - Signed in China

Andres Nocioni - Signed Overseas

Al Thornton - Signed Overseas

Ime Udoka - Retired - Asst Coach with Spurs

Julian Wright - Signed Overseas

Jawad Williams - Signed Overseas

Patrick Ewing Jr. - Signed Overseas

PF:

Craig Brackins - Signed Overseas

Pops Mensah-Bonsu - Signed Overseas

Vernon Macklin - Signed Overseas

C:

Greg Oden - Out for 2012-2013 with Knee Injury Recovery

Etan Thomas - Retired - NBA Blogger/Analyst

Erick Dampier - Retired

David Andersen - Signed Overseas

Jarron Collins - Retired

Alexis Ajinca - Signed Overseas
While I agree that they still need to add a whole bunch of players to this game, I actually like that they keep guys in the free agent pool even if they signed over seas. A lot of the international seasons end before the end of the NBA season, and those players (IRL) will have an opportunity to sign with NBA teams in the spring. Plus, it adds more depth/fantasy to our associations.

# 65 DBMcGee3 @ 10/10/12 11:33 AM
I love the game, but it's definitely a head scratcher that the default rosters were so out of date. As was mentioned above, you can always get a complete transaction list on NBA.com, and it's not like most of these signings didn't happen months ago. It was also funny to me how the public 2k response was something to the effect of "we're too busy fixing the online to update the rosters right now". C'mon guys, it would take me less than 3 hours to get online, check the transactions/rosters, and make it happen. You had 3 months.

Still, best NBA game to date and a double thumbs up from this guy.

# 66 AmR @ 10/10/12 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly_of_a_Whale
While I agree that they still need to add a whole bunch of players to this game, I actually like that they keep guys in the free agent pool even if they signed over seas. A lot of the international seasons end before the end of the NBA season, and those players (IRL) will have an opportunity to sign with NBA teams in the spring. Plus, it adds more depth/fantasy to our associations.
I definitely understand where you are coming from and I am right there with you. But maybe this would be a better idea:

Keep all the FA there but just like and injury add the timetable thing to them but instead of an injury add "Overseas" and put a time of return, maybe March, since all the euro leagues end around that time. If they did that they would make up for a lot of the players that they are missing.

# 67 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 10/10/12 11:39 AM
For the most part, I'm liking this update. Obviously, there are still more players to add, but it's a good start. Nice to see that they adjusted a lot of players down (Dwight/Melo!- and don't worry Knicks fans, he'll still be dominant offensively. The fact is he's not all-time elite player that will win you a championship on his own the way a 92 rating would suggest). The ratings did seem a little inflated for some players.

However, as others have said, the low-rated role players continue to get the shaft and probably won't get adjusted until a couple months into the season. And there's still the weird low MED RANGE shooting rankings for great shooters with high 3PT ratings (Harden has MED: 67; 3PT: 86).

And, I'm pretty sure Korver went down. Can anyone confirm? His 3PT is now 89; not sure what it was. Maybe 2K was listening to all the Korver cheese complaints on MyTeam.

# 68 ManhattanBeachLakers @ 10/10/12 12:02 PM
LOL @ people complaining about some scrub rookies not being in the game. Other than Mirza from the Nets, any other Euro rookie won't even make their teams active 12-man roster.

# 69 VDusen04 @ 10/10/12 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBeachLakers
LOL @ people complaining about some scrub rookies not being in the game. Other than Mirza from the Nets, any other Euro rookie won't even make their teams active 12-man roster.
I feel as though Slava Kravtsov and Alexey Shved would be two such players that will in fact make their respective 12 man rosters, right off the top. Again though, I feel there must be some weird contractual thing lingering in the case of a lot of these guys, so I am understanding of their absences.

# 70 Orono @ 10/10/12 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly_of_a_Whale

However, as others have said, the low-rated role players continue to get the shaft and probably won't get adjusted until a couple months into the season. And there's still the weird low MED RANGE shooting rankings for great shooters with high 3PT ratings (Harden has MED: 67; 3PT: 86).

That's because Harden has no mid range game... great 3 shooter, great slasher... not so great mid range shooter

# 71 Blackhail92 @ 10/10/12 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omniged
KD is WAY better Offensively than Melo (from the outside) but Melo is way stronger. Brook Nets are WAY TOO good in this game period!!! Thanks 2 Jay Z... It was like this at the end of last year's game as well. Brook Lopez is SO FAST and Strong in this game is soo obvious, Hopefully they took him down a notch but I dont see it happening. D Will stats are all messed up from last year he should have been taken down by at least 3-5 points but NOPE Jay Z said make him a 93! Really....
ok KD is a better jumpshooter. but his offens eis 93 and melos is 88. while westrbook is 89 and even wade is 89. we all can agree melo is offensively insane. so why is he that much lower than KD. but it is tru once the season starts everything will get changed. hopefully melo will do what he did in the olympics and give 2k no choice but to respect his game. Also landry fields 3 pointer is a 77........... wow lls anyoone else see him him shoot last year?

# 72 RocketTMac1 @ 10/10/12 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Kafe
Those are non contracts , this was stated before the roster was released SMh
Autosave is signed to a contract?

# 73 Blackhail92 @ 10/10/12 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the croz 1027
Black. Do you really think Melo is better or even equal to Durant offensively? Durant has been scoring champion for three out of last 4 seasons and has high volume shooter in Wesbtrook on same team.
yes i do. because i see him and kd both as great offensive players but not too good on defense. but one gets more hate on him because his team is doing worse so his flaws are shown more. thats just how it is i guess. but if yu say KD is better offensively ok. but my point still stands if his offense is a 93 why is melos a 88? are they THAT far apart?

# 74 Gosens6 @ 10/10/12 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
Autosave is signed to a contract?
What the hell does autosave have to do with a roster update?

# 75 Blackhail92 @ 10/10/12 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceothachosen1
point is deron is not better than melo
^this. for all the hassle melo gets. deron williams (who is my second fav player) isnt known for his playoff runs either lol. and shot even worse than melo. last year. maybe its the signature skills

# 76 ramspeedkill @ 10/10/12 12:18 PM
did they fix kenneth faried's hair to ponytail?

# 77 Blackhail92 @ 10/10/12 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsfuntobethespurs
I don't understand why ratings change without a single game played so far. They had the whole off season to come up with accurate ratings and a week after release they drop Melo and Ginobili, while improving a guy like Delfino and those from the raptors?

What is more unbelievable is that they drop 2 players that had every reason to go up after their olympic showing
yea i looked at delfino. hot spots everywhereeeeeeeeeeeeee. alos i even felt manu was slighted. and melo after the olympics was the supposed reason he was a 92. then i guess too many complaints. even tho he did do good. i guess 2k continues to hate on melo this year. when the season starts i predict manu and melo will have a good season and both increase

# 78 Foxdashman @ 10/10/12 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omniged
Besides "another" roster update that is needed after this roster update. A HUGE patch is needed for this game!! HUGE!!!

My List of things to be fixed/patched/tuned ASAP!!!!!!!!!
(My experiences when playing online and from what I hear its off line issues as well)

O Rebs: Teams get WAY to many O Rebs its just ridiculousness. The game doesn't punish people for taking horrible shots. I can win or lose JUST from O Rebs ALONE. Hustle players are WAY too good because of this. NOTHING TO STOP or Counter O REBS. You are at the mercy of the Governing Ai Assist. To fix this issue Position should mean more then the hustle ability. When I have 3 to 4 people in position but someone just swoops in and snatches a O Reb, there's a HUGE problem! Besides we still have PG who grab rebounds over C and PFs NOT TALKING ABOUT RONDO OR WESTBROOK... MUST FIX ASAP

Over Governing Ai Assist: This is used in every game. Its used to make the game harder to beat a user/ cpu or easier for a user to win a game, for example in a way that helps. You take a well contested shot the CPU makes a would rebounder move out the way so that your cpu controlled team mate can get the O Reb, you can imagine what happens when it makes it harder. This is in offline and online games... This HUGELY EFFECTS user skills as well. This will not allow you steal, block, move correctly, dribble correctly, pass correctly or make EASY WIDE OPEN shots. Its bad enough that this is in all games but to have it in user vs user or online games is a REAL PROBLEM! This changes a GREAT sim game to a FRUSTRATING arcade game. What's the VERY WORSE is it varies between teams instead of varying between user skill and timing. Basically if you pick a "better" team. You probably wont ever really notice if you only play with OKC NETS LA HEAT how the Gov Ai Assist help you so much but for your opponent that is more skilled than you will get CHEATED out of their experience.

Example I play with the Knicks my boy plays with a "better" team Jay Z's Brooklyn Nets. (The game and Jay Z thinks the Nets are the better team) So here goes. Late in the game D Will catches a "O Reb" and the goes for a Lay Up I user control "TYSON CHANDLER" to meet D Will, BEFORE he get to the rim, D WILL shoots, I USER CONTROL Chandler to block the shot as I am in "PRIME Position" to make a GOOD defesive play but the Gov Ai Assist forces me to jump out of position but thats not all. Chandler actually reaches for the ball still but the Gov Ai assist is way stronger than he or I. A force field blocks Chandlers hand from not blocking the ball D Will MAKES the SHOT... I could understand if D WIll got fouled or at least I change his shot and he made it but nothing of the sort. True Story I have VIDEO proof. This was only ONE of MANY example that happen to ALL of us who play this game... Cheezers need not to comply this does not effect you, so cheese away.

Icon passing: You can not MANUALLY icon bounce pass. Easy fix tap icon for normal pass, HOLD for bounce pass

User Controlled Player Pass: Not many people know this but you can press the RB button and hold the icon of the player of choice then take control of that player to pass to them. But for some strange reason "RANDOMLY" when you do this and try to pass to the player on your team, that team mate you are controlling will RUN away from the ball which will result in needless turn over.. MUST FIX

Cherry Picking: This a very cheese move here. If you think your opponent is going to miss a shot leak ANY player down the opposite side of the court then icon pass to that person for an EASY 2 points. this also can be fixed easily for short term use... ANY pass down court should be inaccurate and results in a T.O. Long term fix is when someone does this, they only have 2-3 people getting the D REBS, so why not use Gov Ai Assist for the user that crashes boards to get a EASY O REB??

Cheese: Big one here not too long though. To me, cheese is anything a user does without consequence REPEATEDLY without strategy. Example played a game against the spurs. I won because Im NICE lol so no hating the game cause I suck talk here lol. So playing against the spurs my opponent only strategy was to drive Spin move JUMP Pass to someone open. It didn't matter if his team was close of far away or accross court, he made MOSTLY accurate passes... He did this 95% of the time and was successfully 90% percent of the time. He never subbed out PARKER NEVER subbed out Ganobli but was still doing this with easy, AGAIN I have VIDEO PROOF... I won the game but what does that teach anyone about BBall and if you can do that what else can you repeatedly in this game. No matter the player or team, users should still have to play bball. This is a sim game right!??!

2K you has A LOT of work to do for this game to be great.. And this just the online experience imagine the bugs that are in association and myplayer... I love the game but it so bugs me. 2K i know is hard at work but this patch for stuff like this CAN't come fast enough!
I think the cheesiest thing that they need to fix is the 3 point sliders in all online games. I believe it is on superstar rating when you are playing any online mode (blacktop, quick game, teamup, etc.) People can come down court, give the ball to Shane Battier, he takes a second to setup while you are right in his face with your hands up....green releae=3pointer everytime (with the exception of you literally blocking them). In Blacktop mode it is the worst. Ppl make leaning 3s in your face. The person who is given the job of playing "point guard" on Blacktop will often just shoot a 3 as soon as the other team checks the ball to them. THE SLIDERS ARE CHHHEEEEEESSSSYYYY!

Side note: I hate that the scoreboard disappears so that neither player can see the score, shot clock, or game clock.

# 79 renotiongson @ 10/10/12 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
^this. for all the hassle melo gets. deron williams (who is my second fav player) isnt known for his playoff runs either lol. and shot even worse than melo. last year. maybe its the signature skills
The reason maybe Deron got a higher rating is because he's better than Melo in other point guard areas by a mile dont you think? I mean yeah Melo is better in some areas but maybe by not much maybe 3 points or so (Melo isn't that exceptional as a player but he's in the top ten) but in other areas Deron is better by a lot which will over compensate the difference Melo has over Deron in other areas. Just saying

# 80 LAHalos22 @ 10/10/12 12:23 PM
They upped Lillard to a 71 now and added chase down blocker signature skill for Batum. I believe they may have to wait till the overseas players that are now in the NBA, to play one game before adding them into the game. Could be wrong.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.