Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Check out the first MLB 13 The Show trailer. According to Ramone, there are about 10 easter eggs. How many can you find?

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 221 DanH35 @ 01/04/13 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
I don't know what you're on about, but my points were legitimate. Every year we see more and more features that allow customization of the game, and the fact is that publishers are moving their products away from offline modes and into co-op. The things I mentioned had nothing to do with whether The Show "looks like baseball". Of course it "looks like baseball". If it didn't no one would buy it. The things I mentioned are reasons why The Show might lose sales or might not be as good as it could be.
This year, they are revamping franchise mode, which I think counts as an off-line mode.

# 222 JLL84 @ 01/04/13 02:08 PM
Looking forward to the fact sheet today.

OT, have the Community dates been announced? I always look forward to all the great feedback Knight165, Pared, Nemesis04, 42, Enigmanemesis, Tbarnes and company provide us. Thanks in advance to these guys.

# 223 kackle85 @ 01/04/13 02:09 PM
I wonder if the uniform editing could have something to do with team creating? I can only hope.

# 224 Yankees2009Champs @ 01/04/13 02:11 PM
Really excited about the cyber face taking over a player portrait. For me this will add value to the game, I have been rocking 13' with new rosters lately and this feature makes was a must have. Seeing Mark Reynolds in an Orioles cap, Swisher in a Yankees, Aviles in a Red Sox, and Myers in an Astros takes away from the game. Can't wait for this feature.

Also I'm digging the numbers for ratings along with the bars. Numbers does open a bag of worms for who should be 99 and crap like that but it still has its value.

Love the additions, I will be buying opening day, already requested the day off!

In the words of that Miami Heat fan, "Nice Job, Good Effort!"

# 225 Lovesports @ 01/04/13 02:48 PM
Yea I think that number ratings as well as the bar ratings are great. I can't wait to find out what this game will do with player progression and potential ratings.

# 226 johnnyg83 @ 01/04/13 02:52 PM
I'm hoping for the ability to make/edit for existing teams as much as for a "create a team."

# 227 Feldman011teen @ 01/04/13 03:02 PM
$60 for new cleats? This presentation needed revamped, and if we have the same stale commentary, i can't recommend this game for that price.

# 228 HustlinOwl @ 01/04/13 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldman011teen
$60 for new cleats? This presentation needed revamped, and if we have the same stale commentary, i can't recommend this game for that price.
really that from a trailer do some research

# 229 12bbq @ 01/04/13 03:13 PM
Does anyone know if player history was improved this year? I play franchise mode and it sucks when your trying to read up on a player and you cant even see the teams he has played for in the past. Especially when you get into computer generated guys..... who drafted him? what teams has he played on? has he been in the W.S? I would love for a players card to carry a lot more history for the player then just his numbers. That would make franchise mode more interesting.... Anyone know about this? or where would be the best site to voice my opinion. Am I alone on player history?

# 230 MrChainsaw @ 01/04/13 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees2009Champs
Really excited about the cyber face taking over a player portrait. For me this will add value to the game, I have been rocking 13' with new rosters lately and this feature makes was a must have. Seeing Mark Reynolds in an Orioles cap, Swisher in a Yankees, Aviles in a Red Sox, and Myers in an Astros takes away from the game. Can't wait for this feature.

Also I'm digging the numbers for ratings along with the bars. Numbers does open a bag of worms for who should be 99 and crap like that but it still has its value.

Love the additions, I will be buying opening day, already requested the day off!

In the words of that Miami Heat fan, "Nice Job, Good Effort!"
So, how is this year's game? You must be one lucky SOB.

# 231 thaSLAB @ 01/04/13 03:19 PM
LOL, I just can't; with some of the responses in this thread...

# 232 Doran @ 01/04/13 03:29 PM
Also, I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it yet. The trailer was obviously meant to feature the cover athletes, showing their campaign logos at the end and all. But Bautista was also heavily featured. I'm guessing he'll get a 2nd-year-in-a-row placement on the Canadian-localized cover for MLB: The Show?

# 233 CabreraMVP @ 01/04/13 03:59 PM
It looks like players still do the same stupid trot around the bases after homeruns. They like tip toe around the bags and it looks really silly.

# 234 dseifman9 @ 01/04/13 04:04 PM
what is the uniform editor tool for? like when can u use it and for what?

plz reply!

# 235 Geolink @ 01/04/13 04:06 PM
God I hope this is the year where PITCHES THROWN is shown during game play instead of having to press select every time.

I hope SCEA integrated this as real life broadcast have.

I've been asking this for years.

# 236 sydrogerdavid @ 01/04/13 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dseifman9
what is the uniform editor tool for? like when can u use it and for what?

plz reply!
If you want a true answer, Diamond Dynasty. Anything more than saying it's for DD is pure speculation.

# 237 Majingir @ 01/04/13 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doran
Also, I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it yet. The trailer was obviously meant to feature the cover athletes, showing their campaign logos at the end and all. But Bautista was also heavily featured. I'm guessing he'll get a 2nd-year-in-a-row placement on the Canadian-localized cover for MLB: The Show?
I don't mind Bautista on the cover of the game, I just wish diff Jays had opportunity to be on the cover. Encarnacion(after his huge 2012 season) or Lawrie(since he's Canadian) could have been good choices as well. Bautista isn't the only good player on the Jays, and wasn't the only good player before the 2012-2013 offseason either....

# 238 gator3guy @ 01/04/13 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
LOL, I just can't; with some of the responses in this thread...

It's a forum. Not everyone has to have the same opinion.

# 239 thaSLAB @ 01/04/13 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
It's a forum. Not everyone has to have the same opinion.
Ahhhhhh yes, a forum!

However, I didn't say anything about opinions... I was actually referring to assumptions and jumping to conclusions (both good and bad). This video is meant to be a first look. Not a feature list; but you wouldn't know that from reading some of the post.

Edit:

I almost forgot...

Spoiler

# 240 dseifman9 @ 01/04/13 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
If you want a true answer, Diamond Dynasty. Anything more than saying it's for DD is pure speculation.

There isnt a diamond dynasty for the vita. will this be available for the vita too?

again, plz reply!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.