Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Check out the first MLB 13 The Show trailer. According to Ramone, there are about 10 easter eggs. How many can you find?

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 sydrogerdavid @ 01/03/13 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Can someone post a pic of Kemp's cleats? I didn't catch that in the video... Thanks!
They are the same new cleats Blzer and I were discussing a couple weeks ago. They have been in all the Matt Kemp pictures so far if you have caught them in those. They are kinda tiger striped in way.

I think Posey is wearing the same ones too.

# 62 tnixen @ 01/03/13 02:49 PM
I really hope this screenshot means we will get to see the Home team run out on the field at the start of every game and not just at random times. Also hope we hear the PA Announcer saying something like "Here are your 2013 Los Angeles Dodgers" with the crowd going wild

Also would be cool if following the home team taking the field we then get to listen to in full the national anthem

This is how its done in real life at the start of every game for the home team

# 63 sydrogerdavid @ 01/03/13 02:50 PM
As you can see again. The guy on the left of tnixen's picture is wearing them too.

# 64 Blzer @ 01/03/13 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...nstorming.html

Looks like I got my wish this year!!!!!! Russell you sly devil you're the man. Cannot put my happiness into words.
That's the first thing that came to mind for me as well, being the first respondent in that thread and whatnot. Glad to see we all think alike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Just a guess but I think this screenshot is from that new "The Show Live" Mode.

But is it simular to 2K's MLB Today mode is what I would really love to know?
This is Sportscast Manager.

# 65 seanjeezy @ 01/03/13 02:57 PM
Hard to tell since its not raw gameplay, but the head first slide that Bryce does looks a little faster (I may be reaching lol but this was something I asked for in the feedback section)...

Also:

Spoiler

Is it just me or is that a new glove color? Looks like that wrist band is a little longer as well, and Bautista's wearing a new style of batting glove (can't really tell in this screen but its obvious earlier in the vid).

I don't want to jump to any conclusions (or get anyone's hopes up lol), but the players wearing different gear with different uni combinations gives me some hope for home/away/alternate options...

# 66 Russell_SCEA @ 01/03/13 03:02 PM
Quote:
Just a guess but I think this screenshot is from that new "The Show Live" Mode.

But is it simular to 2K's MLB Today mode is what I would really love to know?
Nope, its $$#%$&&&&*&& #$%#$$% #$^#$%^$^%%

# 67 tnixen @ 01/03/13 03:02 PM
Not sure but its looks the the Rogers Centre turf color may be fixed?

Looks more green to my eyes

# 68 Russell_SCEA @ 01/03/13 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylefoley94
anybody have any idea why Hunter Pence has a cyberface for his portrait and not his actual photo?
Easter egg

In season modes (Franchise and RTTS) when a player is traded or joins a new team in the off season if they have a real photo it will be replaced with the cap screen shot.

So basically if you do a fantasy draft franchise every player on your team will be wearing the correct hats and jersey's.

# 69 tnixen @ 01/03/13 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

Nope Russell says its not Sportscast Manager either.

# 70 sydrogerdavid @ 01/03/13 03:05 PM
Here we see Cutch picking grass and doing a wind direction test. Why? Is it because of a pre game player analysis? 3D grass? Probably neither, but it's cool to look at.

# 71 Russell_SCEA @ 01/03/13 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
That's the first thing that came to mind for me as well, being the first respondent in that thread and whatnot. Glad to see we all think alike!

Nope keep trying

# 72 decga @ 01/03/13 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Easter egg

In season modes when a player is traded or joins a new team in the off season if they have a real photo it will be replaced with the cap screen shot.

So basically if you do a fantasy draft franchise every player on your team will be wearing the correct hats and jersey's.
I have no complaints about this one. I hope it is similar in franchise modes.

# 73 seanjeezy @ 01/03/13 03:07 PM
Quote:
Easter egg

In season modes when a player is traded or joins a new team in the off season if they have a real photo it will be replaced with the cap screen shot.

Ooh I like that, the cyberfaces are good enough now where I'd almost prefer all cyberfaces.

# 74 sydrogerdavid @ 01/03/13 03:08 PM
I also believe we may have the ability to edit the padding of the catchers mask.

Look at tnixen's shot, red padding.
Look at the next shot, tan padding.

This is unless, of course, the Angels catchers always had red padding.

# 75 seanjeezy @ 01/03/13 03:08 PM
Quote:
Not sure but its looks the the Rogers Centre turf color may be fixed?

Looks more green to my eyes
Aha, that pic heightens my belief/suspicion that there is a new glove color... That orangeish color looks more leathery than in previous games.

# 76 tnixen @ 01/03/13 03:11 PM
Quote:
Easter egg

So your saying if a player is traded at anytime during the season like if Ryan Howard was traded to the Red Sox for example you would see him in a cyberface with a Red Sox Hat for his portrait instead of his real photo with a Phillies hat?

# 77 Doran @ 01/03/13 03:17 PM
There's not a lot of uni stuff. People have already mentioned the new cleats and batting gloves, same that I've seen.

You can see Kemp's new cleats clearly in this photo.

Braun's new batting gloves

Don't pay attention to Kemp. Actually, draw your attention to the Rockies anniversary patch on the right sleeve. Was that there last year?

Firstly, new batting glove style? Also, the problems with the Blue Jays uniforms persist. The position of the first 'O' in Toronto, as well as the bird head logo on the jersey have NOT been fixed. Furthermore, the sleeve stripes are also not fixed. There should be a white stripe in-between the two blue ones on the road jersey. Same with the road pants here:

(I really hope that's Reyes and Melky celebrating with Bautista here. )

The Pirates yellow-crowned hat has already been mentioned, so I don't need to talk about it again.

# 78 insideoutside15 @ 01/03/13 03:18 PM
Quote:
Easter egg

It's not funny to toy with my heart like this, Russell.

# 79 gator3guy @ 01/03/13 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
I also believe we may have the ability to edit the padding of the catchers mask.

Look at tnixen's shot, red padding.
Look at the next shot, tan padding.

This is unless, of course, the Angels catchers always had red padding.
It was like that last year.

Same catchers gear

# 80 thaSLAB @ 01/03/13 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylefoley94
anybody have any idea why Hunter Pence has a cyberface for his portrait and not his actual photo?
Hmmmm... that is strange huh?

Edit: Ramone answered the question... should've held it until the game released, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Hard to tell since its not raw gameplay, but the head first slide that Bryce does looks a little faster (I may be reaching lol but this was something I asked for in the feedback section)...

Is it just me or is that a new glove color? Looks like that wrist band is a little longer as well, and Bautista's wearing a new style of batting glove (can't really tell in this screen but its obvious earlier in the vid).
Yes.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.