Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

According to the NBA2KInsider, another NBA 2K13 roster will arrive early Saturday morning.

He mentioned the following players will receive a boost in ratings.
  • Larry Sanders
  • Nikola Vucevic
  • Greivis Vasquez
  • Paul George
  • JR Smith
  • Danilo Gallinari
  • James Harden
  • David Lee
  • Stephen Curry
  • Marcus Morris
No word on any rating drops. Hopefully these aren't the only players that receive rating updates. We'll find out tomorrow morning. As always, we'll get a video of all the changes online, when it arrives.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 01/04/13 05:20 PM
Glad the Insider picked these players.. He must have seen all of those msg I sent to him & posted on here aboit Larry Sanders! Need more updates like this 1.

# 2 JazzMan @ 01/04/13 05:37 PM
Again, no respect for Gordon Hayward.

# 3 thelakeshow @ 01/04/13 05:40 PM
Nice. Can't wait to see Larry Sanders new ratings. May have to start using the Bucks online.

# 4 yungmeaks @ 01/04/13 05:42 PM
Steph Curry getting a bump? oOoOooOOhh

# 5 BUCKSWEATSHIRT @ 01/04/13 05:57 PM
Finally Stephen Curry goes up

# 6 Blackhail92 @ 01/04/13 06:00 PM
are these all the updates or just some? Because i think Melo is long overdue for his 92 rating back

# 7 Riggins @ 01/04/13 06:03 PM
Kind of excited about Vucevic and Gallo. Wonder what they'll bump Harden's rating up to.

# 8 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 01/04/13 06:10 PM
What is Hardens current rating? Hell prolly get like a 87

# 9 JasonMartin @ 01/04/13 06:11 PM
Why does JR Smith need an update? Dude is already a beast in this game.

# 10 jj171 @ 01/04/13 06:19 PM
How bout Melo gets a bump up to a 93. He's an MVP candidate.

# 11 JazzMan @ 01/04/13 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
Why does JR Smith need an update? Dude is already a beast in this game.
Exactly. JR can easily put up 20 a night on the game. What are they going to increase? I mean, he isn't a defensive force by any means. And if they increase his offensive ratings, it's just going to get even cheesier.

Same goes for Curry. I played a guy who had GS yesterday, and all he did was dribble around with Curry and hit pull up jumpers. It was stupid. I can't imagine if they increase Curry's offensive ratings any further...

# 12 MVP9072 @ 01/04/13 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudMouthHoops
More of 2K catering to cheesers and casuals...

Heaven forbid they actually NERF the ratings of some of these overrated scrubs....like DJ Augustin, Green, Beasley, Rivers, Marshon Brooks, Jerryd Bayless, Corey Maggette....etc....

Or even bother adjusting Russell Westbrook whose shooting is down 4% but assist numbers are WAY up....

Pretty soon 80% of the league will be overrated.
Hope you're kidding now..

# 13 xVenomx91 @ 01/04/13 07:57 PM
i hope they update josh smiths three he is shooting 38% from 3 this season lou williams is only shooting 35% and he has like an 82 3pt rating

# 14 MagicFan4Life @ 01/04/13 08:15 PM
YES! Vucevic is getting updated! I can't believe this! Finally!

# 15 disconimahoni @ 01/04/13 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyklug2013
Again, no respect for Gordon Hayward.
+11111111111111

# 16 Shelb @ 01/04/13 09:01 PM
I really hope no one's holding their breath for anyone else getting touched. I'm surprised they're even doing this many players.

Anyone saying Carmelo needs a boost is a fanboy. He's the same player, with less assists, on a better team. Jason Kidd, Chandler and (I hate to say it but) JR Smith are the main reasons that team is as good as it is. Melo is still the same, overrated player. No D, bad shot selection, ball stopper.

Ed Davis needs an upgrade though. Bargnani needs a decrease. Jose needs an edit, as does DeMar, Fields (too high), Pietrus (too high), Ross, Kleiza... basically the entire Raptors roster.

This is the same with almost every non-glamour team in the NBA. Stop editing the same teams and stars and start paying attention to the ENTIRE league. I'm really getting sick of 2K crapping on us with these terrible, half-assed roster updates.

And FFS, get rid of the injuries. No one wants them. No one wanted them years ago, no one wants them now. They should be used STRICTLY for NBA Today Associations and that's it. It's not rocket science.

# 17 Find_the_Door @ 01/04/13 09:25 PM
J.J Hickson anyone?

He's averaging 11 PPG and 11 RPG in only 29 mins... he's top 5 in double doubles and is doing this all at 6'9

He's only a 73 OVR (not that I really care) but he has a pedestrian 80 Offensive rebound and a 73 Defensive rebound rating.

# 18 diehardknicksfan @ 01/04/13 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelb
I really hope no one's holding their breath for anyone else getting touched. I'm surprised they're even doing this many players.

Anyone saying Carmelo needs a boost is a fanboy. He's the same player, with less assists, on a better team. Jason Kidd, Chandler and (I hate to say it but) JR Smith are the main reasons that team is as good as it is. Melo is still the same, overrated player. No D, bad shot selection, ball stopper.
U need to watch a knick game before u post nonsense like that. Carmelo is the main reason the knicks are winning.

They need to reverse j.r. Mid ranger and three. His mid ranged should be in the 90s while his three is a low 80s. Up his defense and rebounding

# 19 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 01/05/13 12:16 AM
Dwight's post game needs to nerfed

# 20 JazzMan @ 01/05/13 03:44 AM
I'm so tired of 2k constantly giving updates for teams like New York, Brooklyn, both L.A. teams, Boston, OKC, Miami, etc. while overlooking teams like Portland, Utah, Golden State, Toronto, Minnesota, and Phoenix.

After one good game, if a guy is on one of the popular teams, he'll get an upgrade in the next update. However, look at guys like Larry Sanders, Gordon Hayward, Ed Davis, and JJ Hickson. It's bull****. These guys have been playing great this year. Hayward was killin' it last year, and still no update. They have him at a 68, which is below Raja freaking Bell and Alec Burks.

Read all of Batum Shaka Laka's posts about Hickson. The dude is overachieving this year and he still gets no love.

Larry Sanders is finally getting updated, but I doubt it will be anything extreme. However, if he played for a team like Brooklyn, they'd update him in a couple days right after a great performance.

The joys of being a fan of a small-market team.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.