Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Here is one of the better videos of MLB 13 The Show, coming from CES 2013. In this video, you can clearly see the new scorebug, Russell mentions you can turn off all On Screen Displays (OSD's), a very brief look at Franchise, Jeter's stance is fixed and more.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 nemesis04 @ 01/10/13 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
What did I do that you do not approve of?
We know you are excited but you get redundant. Posting it numerous times does not get it done faster.

# 82 kackle85 @ 01/10/13 12:21 PM
Am I the only one who is concerned about the easier hitting?

# 83 BoSox5 @ 01/10/13 12:22 PM
Things that stood out for me:

-Gardner's hit was great. From the way it dropped in and how it bounced to the track between the outfielders was something I didn't see very often last year.

-Team payroll seems to be a lot more accurate

-Based on Ramone's description, they've put a lot of emphasis on scouting which was one of the major issues in the Show '12 franchise mode. I'm excited to hear more on this.

# 84 seanjeezy @ 01/10/13 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kackle85
I'm kind of in between, I already play on legend with pitch speed maxed out and I have no problem drawing walks and getting the CPU to throw 140+ pitches a game with ~62-68% strikes, but that's after spending significant time tweaking sliders. On legend there are far too many whiffs in the zone using timing hitting, and that's after bumping up contact a few ticks (although me bumping down timing to nerf the hitting boost might be a factor lol), and from how I interpret the info we've been given so far I'm guessing it will be easier to make contact but not necessarily easier to get hits.

# 85 nemesis04 @ 01/10/13 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kackle85
I don't view it as easier hitting but balancing the system. The hitting had elements that were pretty strict and there was too much of a fine line between success and failure. Granted that is what this sport is all about but in a video game, loosing up some of the parameters can open the offense by granting the user more extra base hits on solid contact which will result in some more diversity in scores then the traditional 3-2, 1-0 2-1 games people constantly see.

When we are there we put the game through some pretty good paces and in the past difficulty has been adjusted based on group feedback. I would not worry too much.

# 86 Factzzz @ 01/10/13 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
o,btw,us jays fans don't need any new fans because we all know what team everyone is going to be playing with. i don't need to cheese with dickey because i'll be striking everyone out with that morrow slider
Hopefully Morrow has a better cyberface this year with a beard.

# 87 Money99 @ 01/10/13 01:25 PM
The Show has some of the best graphics I've seen in any video game, let alone sports game.
Beautiful.

# 88 Splitter77 @ 01/10/13 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simp
Yes as long as it is optional. I use auto fielding so this would work for me.
I use auto field too, but even if you dont use auto fielding, youd know where the ball is going by seeing the bat on ball contact, so you gain that 1/2 sec lost by getting the fielder ready where the ball is going.

# 89 tvman @ 01/10/13 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
I use auto field too, but even if you dont use auto fielding, youd know where the ball is going by seeing the bat on ball contact, so you gain that 1/2 sec lost by getting the fielder ready where the ball is going.
Scea really needs to take a long hard look at how Konami implements this in PYS, it's more than fantastic. Maybe with PS4.

# 90 LastActionHero @ 01/10/13 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I think we've found this years "cow in Turner Field"....
...or the guy who was always asking about that irrelevant(I cannot remember who) Braves(?) player.

M.K.
Knight165
Is he still around by the way?!

# 91 nemesis04 @ 01/10/13 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
Scea really needs to take a long hard look at how Konami implements this in PYS, it's more than fantastic. Maybe with PS4.
You don't need a PS4 to do that, its a design choice.

# 92 djstiles @ 01/10/13 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamaballa
Aww, no Cutch (or Miggy) for Canada? That makes me a bit sad.
What? I hadn't heard about this yet? Is this 100% confirmed Canada is getting a different cover?

# 93 tvman @ 01/10/13 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
You don't need a PS4 to do that, its a design choice.
If you know that for fact do you also happen to know why they don't want you to see bat ball contact?

# 94 bcruise @ 01/10/13 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I think we've found this years "cow in Turner Field"....
...or the guy who was always asking about that irrelevant(I cannot remember who) Braves(?) player.

M.K.
Knight165
I seem to remember something about a LaRoche (Adam, I think) that was a bit of a thing on here, but my memory's a bit hazy beyond that. Does that jog anyone else's memory that might remember better?

# 95 nemesis04 @ 01/10/13 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djstiles
What? I hadn't heard about this yet? Is this 100% confirmed Canada is getting a different cover?
There is a special one for our friends in Canada:

Spoiler

# 96 pirates1fan @ 01/10/13 02:22 PM
Cutch is tearing it up in the voting! VOTE CUTCH!

But the video is great! This might need to be done next gen, but I really hope that soon they will add camera-guys and reporters in the camera wells instead of just empty ones haha. Also, same thing with like ball boy, ball girl, weather it is sitting down the line or getting the ball after it is fouled back to the backstop. And, maybe even a spotter for the cathers/pitchers in the bullpens that are on the field. All these things have bugged me, but the game still looks great.

Love all the Franchise mode improvements! Franchise is where I spend most of my time, so thrilled to hear about the improvements. Menu screens look good too.

Already pre-ordered, can't wait!

Oh, and I asked this in a previous comment but never got a response, how do you use the emoticons? Never been able to find them on hear. I just joined the OS community about a month ago, so still kind of new, haha,

# 97 sydrogerdavid @ 01/10/13 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I seem to remember something about a LaRoche (Adam, I think) that was a bit of a thing on here, but my memory's a bit hazy beyond that. Does that jog anyone else's memory that might remember better?
I though maybe it could have been Matt Diaz.

# 98 Sco291 @ 01/10/13 02:28 PM
I'm going to be honest here.....but...I think my favorite line from Ramone was: POSTSEASON PRESENTATION PACKAGE

:

# 99 djstiles @ 01/10/13 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
There is a special one for our friends in Canada:

Spoiler
I laughed pretty loud when I saw this!

# 100 nemesis04 @ 01/10/13 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
If you know that for fact do you also happen to know why they don't want you to see bat ball contact?
It has to do with the speed of the game, the Show runs on the faster side of things so the reaction time when it transitions to the field would hamper the user on making the play. There would have to be more CPU assistance then there is now. People do not like the amount of CPU assistance we currently have, so adding more would not please the masses. I am sure things could be changed on the design side to make it work but it comes down to priorities and there are more pressing issues.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.