Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

In MLB 13 The Show, users will have the ability to view tweets from approved and official MLB players.

During the 2013 MLB season, a weekly roster update will be available for download. When those roster updates arrive, Twitter handles will also be updated.

Simply going into the "MLB on Twitter" option, users can cycle through all 30 teams, approved Twitter handles and view tweets in realtime.

Source - Dev Journal: Twitter in The Show (The Show Nation)

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Scott @ 01/30/13 01:41 PM
Very cool feature..

# 22 Bobhead @ 01/30/13 01:42 PM
Maybe we can storm the Franchise CD thread and tie tabarnes down until he tells us!

# 23 Galvatron @ 01/30/13 01:54 PM
This will turn out to be a cool companion feature for The Show Live mode, so this is nothing short of awesome as far as I'm concerned.

Why would anyone want to read fake made up tweets anyway? During a 162 game season this would become immediately irrelevant!

# 24 Bobhead @ 01/30/13 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kursekain
Why would anyone want to read fake made up tweets anyway? During a 162 game season this would become immediately irrelevant!
Exactly. Of course it works in Madden. How many football games does one play in an NFL Season? It gets old and irrelevant over the course of an 82 game basketball season in NBA 2k... this is practically twice the games, and what, 10 times as many games as the NFL? It'd get old incredibly fast. Plus there's only so many one liners you can pre-create about a baseball game. (Remember, 160 characters or less).

# 25 yanksdaniel99 @ 01/30/13 02:30 PM
Certainly not what was expected, still an interesting feature if your interested in that type of thing.

# 26 Falcon999 @ 01/30/13 02:39 PM
this feature to me sounds like wasted dev cycles !

# 27 merchant1874 @ 01/30/13 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
LMAO I love how most of the people on here are disappointed............that's what you guys get for ASSUMING it was going to be intergrated like it was in Madden. Nonetheless, still a pretty cool feature in my book as I never expected it to be like Madden anyways.
It's not that funny.

Yes it can get repetitive in madden and NBA2k but it could of been a good way to announce trade rumours, trades, roster moves and a whole bunch of other stuff.

It's definately going to be interesting to see what they have up their sleeve regarding the replacement of the newspaper now.

# 28 thaSLAB @ 01/30/13 03:01 PM
Quote:
This will turn out to be a cool companion feature for The Show Live mode, so this is nothing short of awesome as far as I'm concerned.

# 29 bp4baseball @ 01/30/13 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon999
this feature to me sounds like wasted dev cycles !
Yeah too bad they had to take out the create a team and import franchises features to fit this in

# 30 ShowTyme15 @ 01/30/13 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickkill77
Or maybe it just shows that they added something that no one really asked for and could of implemented it in a way that would of made people happier. Kind of like the mascot games in NCAA Football. If it is in RTTS or Franchise awesome, but I doubt many people are actually going to care about this feature. If people do like this, then good for the developers
The problem was everyone or most of the people on here jumped the gun and assumed (as soon as they saw the words Twitter in the Show) that it would be the same as Madden. Only problem with that was there was no info on the feature really up until today so instead of actually waiting for the info to drop everyone put in their 2 cents and made assumptions that it would be like Madden. Now everyone is disappointed it didn't turn out that way. Shouldn't have had high hopes and should have waited for the info first, before jumping the gun on that one.

# 31 BoSox5 @ 01/30/13 03:22 PM
Quote:
I could care less about made up player tweets. I was hoping for basically the replacement of the newspaper. It would be great to have a twitter feed of different media personalities right on the franchise home page. They could provide info on prospects, game recaps, milestones, trade rumors, etc.

The info of what's replacing the newspaper hasn't been released yet so I am still hopeful there is something that will provide quality content.

# 32 Factzzz @ 01/30/13 03:28 PM
I don't really care for the 2k type twitter feed, but it would have been cool to see a tweet from Kenny Rosenthal or John Paul Morosi saying a blockbuster trade was about to go down while playing franchise or RTTS.

Either way I never even thought about the possibilities of Twitter in the show when I first saw it anyways, hence the reason I'm not disappointed, and this feature is cool anyways.

# 33 Curahee @ 01/30/13 03:39 PM
OK, wait! Im missing something here, because I dont have Madden.

Are some of you guys saying that you wish this Twitter thing was like Madden where they create fake Tweets to announce trades?
And are not happy that MLB13 is going to display actual real-time Tweets by actual MLB players?

Am I reading this right?

# 34 ShowTyme15 @ 01/30/13 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
OK, wait! Im missing something here, because I dont have Madden.

Are some of you guys saying that you wish this Twitter thing was like Madden where they create fake Tweets to announce trades?
And are not happy that MLB13 is going to display actual real=time Tweets by actual MLB players?

Am I reading this right?
DING DING DING.........we have a winner. They are also mad that it doesn't work like madden where it announces trades and moves etc......

# 35 MLB Bob @ 01/30/13 03:52 PM
I think this could be really cool for MLB Live, a big trade and the player tweets about it, then you go play with him on the new team for the first time. The whole thing between Harper and Hamels, if that type of thing is mentioned you may want to play that game in Live that little bit more..

# 36 merchant1874 @ 01/30/13 05:04 PM
Quote:
DING DING DING.........we have a winner. They are also mad that it doesn't work like madden where it announces trades and moves etc......
Why be so condescending?

To some people tweets within the franchise announcing trades, rumours etc would be a nice way to immerse yourself into the FAKE MLB franchise you are running.

Real tweets are all very good but most people with half an interest in baseball follow players etc on twitter anyway.

# 37 MrOldboy @ 01/30/13 05:12 PM
I like the idea of adding this in. I don't follow any MLB players myself, but it makes sense with the show live being added in this year. I am curious though if the twitter screen is a new panel on the player card or is it something you need to bring up manually? From the screenshot it looks like it is a new panel on the card.

edit: pretty sure its a new panel on the card after looking at the screenshot. You can see the rotation in the background and the L1/R1 on the player card.
Spoiler

Also will this include non-english speaking MLB players? Someone like Miguel Cabrera has a mix, but the majority are not english at all. Will these be incorporated as well if its an approved twitter handle? https://twitter.com/MiguelCabrera

# 38 Curahee @ 01/30/13 05:22 PM
Quote:

Umm...... WOW! Thats really all I can say is WOW!

The same type of people that come on here crying for more realism are the same type of people that are now crying because its not fake enough!

# 39 dran1984 @ 01/30/13 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Umm...... WOW! Thats really all I can say is WOW!

The same type of people that come on here crying for more realism are the same type of people that are now crying because its not fake enough!

The point of it would be to provide info for your franchise. What real players tweet have nothing to do with the video game. And if you really want to know what players tweet you can just follow them on the real twitter.

I don't understand peoples response to people wanting fake tweets. It's a fake franchise in the first place...

# 40 MrOldboy @ 01/30/13 05:30 PM
I actually like the idea of having generated "fake" twitter messages for a career mode. It works in NBA 2K since that mode is largely about gaining fans and such. You can spend the same points you earn on training or to boost your popularity in that mode. RTTS is all about making your player better. I completely agree that it doesn't make sense for what RTTS is currently.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.