Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

MLB 13 The Show is a "Day 1 Digital" game, which means if you pre-order from the PS Store, you can start downloading a digital copy of the game at 12:01 AM EST on March 5th.

As a bonus, if you pre-order from the PS Store you will receive an exclusive theme for your PS3 XMB menu screen and an extra 120 million for your Franchise budget.

At the moment, we only see the MLB 13 The Show Day 1 Digital pre-order available for the PS3, nothing on the PS Vita.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Nooooovak @ 02/27/13 12:48 PM
Looks like I'm going to use my Gamestop giftcard to buy PSN dollars.

Get $10 back (which I'll use on the RTTS points I would've gotten at Gamestop), saves my Blu-Ray Drive, and will be all downloaded and ready to go once I finish work.

The only downside is I love having the cases of games for my collection.

# 42 tbonepickens @ 02/27/13 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
The one and only reason I wont be DLing the game and will be buying a disc, is I use the disc as a trade in for the next iteration. Cant do that with a DDL.
PLUS, any DDL games on my PS3, may not transfer to PS4, so Im out those games. If I have them on disc, I can trade them in towards the purchase of new PS4 games just like I did with my PS2 games for PS3..
Good point! I was almost convinced but forgot I always trade back. There's a independent music store near me that sells games and opens up at midnight every Monday to sell Tuesday's releases. They are selling The Show for $55.95. Think I'll just go that route. Don't really think the bonus budget stuff is worth the extra 5 bucks and no resale value.

# 43 HustlinOwl @ 02/27/13 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
I was going to go this route, however, the gamestop pre-order comes with 1200 RttS points. This pre-order comes with something I would never use as I don't play franchise.
Get 2 pre-order bonuses with purchasing via digitally. The franchise $120 and $10 from PSN towards RTTS

# 44 insideoutside15 @ 02/27/13 01:10 PM
I asked this in the pre order thread but never got a straight answer: does the bonus franchise budget have an expiration date, IE can I wait a month for OSFM to come out before applying it? Also, does that franchise budget work on player salaries? Last year I bought franchise budget DLC and it could only be used for management type things and not salary.

# 45 Knight165 @ 02/27/13 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by insideoutside15
I asked this in the pre order thread but never got a straight answer: does the bonus franchise budget have an expiration date, IE can I wait a month for OSFM to come out before applying it? Also, does that franchise budget work on player salaries? Last year I bought franchise budget DLC and it could only be used for management type things and not salary.
Okay...I think I asked this very question at CD.

I believe it works for player salaries now...as the budget is all in one. No separation now. You have to be on that team screen I think.
Damn....I'm not sure how to apply it...sorry.
I think I'm right though.

M.K.
Knight165

# 46 Knight165 @ 02/27/13 01:14 PM
I don't think there is an expiration if you buy it...so I don't think it would be for this either.

M.K.
Knight165

# 47 HustlinOwl @ 02/27/13 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoivu9
I pre-ordered from gamestop by trading in madden and the show 12 for $$42 store credit. Can I shift that money and use the store credit to purchase psn cards? Also can I buy playstation cards in any amount or just 20 and 50 increments?
$20 and $50 only

# 48 RoyalBoyle78 @ 02/27/13 01:29 PM
Man, all my games are digital on PS3, thinking I will download it but something say buy he disk

# 49 MWit28725 @ 02/27/13 02:02 PM
For those of you who have digitally downloaded your games before...

Are there any real detractions from downloading the game vs buying a disc copy? Personally, I've always liked just having the disc, but I never thought about it from the perspective of saving your blu ray drive. My blu-ray drive started acting up last night (from what I've read it may have something to do with the new firmware update, but that's another story).

I'm just a little leary buying testing out this process on my favorite game of the year and ending up disappointed! Haha.

# 50 insideoutside15 @ 02/27/13 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Okay...I think I asked this very question at CD.

I believe it works for player salaries now...as the budget is all in one. No separation now. You have to be on that team screen I think.
Damn....I'm not sure how to apply it...sorry.
I think I'm right though.

M.K.
Knight165
Oh wonderful, I was just saying in another thread the other day that I didn't think I was going to be able to sign all the free agents I wanted to as the Pirates. Thanks for the clarification.

# 51 jrivera34 @ 02/27/13 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Dumb question buy I must ask. I have Best Buy gift cards that I was going to use today to pre-order The Show there. Can I buy PSN credits at Best Buy and then use them to purchase the Show directly via PSN network? Not sure how I feel about having only a digital copy, it has positives and negatives obviously.
Not a dumb question but a GREAT ONE! You just saved me $30. I didn't even think to buy a PSN card.

Thanks for asking this!

# 52 catch212 @ 02/27/13 02:13 PM
This might be a dumb question, but does the budget bonus only apply to the first franchise that you start?

Knowing me, I'll end up starting a few different franchises before I find the right fit. I just wanted to know if I could get the bonus with each file or just the first. Thanks!

# 53 Knight165 @ 02/27/13 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catch212
This might be a dumb question, but does the budget bonus only apply to the first franchise that you start?

Knowing me, I'll end up starting a few different franchises before I find the right fit. I just wanted to know if I could get the bonus with each file or just the first. Thanks!
I wanted to try it.....but the dev "wallet" wasn't open.
I'm sorry I didn't ask more about it.
I'm not really sure how it works.

M.K.
Knight165

# 54 foreverasnake @ 02/27/13 02:48 PM
that sucks, I already pre ordered, why would they put it out a week early? That means some people get to play it before everyone else, there was a bonus for preordering in store too, but it was RTTS points, sucks that you have to decide between the 2, cuz I was gonna do franchise too

# 55 HustlinOwl @ 02/27/13 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasnake
that sucks, I already pre ordered, why would they put it out a week early? That means some people get to play it before everyone else, there was a bonus for preordering in store too, but it was RTTS points, sucks that you have to decide between the 2, cuz I was gonna do franchise too
put your pre-order towards another game and go this route then????

# 56 PrettyT11 @ 02/27/13 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoivu9
I pre-ordered from gamestop by trading in madden and the show 12 for $$42 store credit. Can I shift that money and use the store credit to purchase psn cards? Also can I buy playstation cards in any amount or just 20 and 50 increments?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
$20 and $50 only
Best Buy also sells a $10 PSN card. I have got them a few times when I didn't want or need a $20 one.

# 57 JughedJones @ 02/27/13 03:09 PM
This would be such a great option if they actually D/Ld it to your HD right when you bought it, then gave you access to it at 12:01.

It would be updated and ready to go right away, I wonder what keeps them from being able to do this?

# 58 tabarnes19_SDS @ 02/27/13 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JughedJones
This would be such a great option if they actually D/Ld it to your HD right when you bought it, then gave you access to it at 12:01.

It would be updated and ready to go right away, I wonder what keeps them from being able to do this?

I guess people could change the date and time on the PS3, disconnect the internet and have access right away?

Unless they had a internet time check before activating built in? Good question...

# 59 Bobhead @ 02/27/13 04:29 PM
I have to think that it simply comes down to the fact that that would be a lot of programming work, for a return that is arguably minimal.

Some sort of activation code system would take hours, maybe an entire day, to code, at the very least... And that's just so a somewhat small group of people can enjoy The Show like 30-60 minutes earlier.

I mean don't get me wrong, it'd be great... but if I were a developer I don't think I'd do it.

# 60 seanjeezy @ 02/27/13 04:34 PM
Looks like us west coasters will be getting it on the 4th then

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.