Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

An exclusive Gamestop Madden NFL 25 pre-order graphic for 49ers fans might've just given away that some sort of 'Owner's Mode' will be included within Connected Franchise. In the graphic, former 49ers owner Eddie DeBartolo Jr. is listed as a playable character in connected franchise only.

What do you think this means for the Connected Franchise mode?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DeuceDouglas @ 04/22/13 01:00 PM
I really hope so. I just posted in the screenshot thread how my only real wish for CCM is the ability to be in control of the team's staff. I have a feeling that's why it's being referred to as "Connected Franchise" now rather than careers.

# 2 CM Hooe @ 04/22/13 01:04 PM
Can't wait to play as JERRUH.

But seriously, if Owner mode returns, I hope it's not just a port of what previously existed. Coach ratings and progression were completely meaningless in Gen 6 (completely absent this generation, Gen 7), the stadium upgrades were completely meaningless, the build-a-stadium feature had too few options to allow for a unique creation (in either Gen 6 or Gen 7), stadium naming rights didn't do anything besides change a line of text, the uniform editor in team relocation has since been far outdone by other games, and changing concession / parking prices was completely meaningless. As previously implemented, owner mode had zero effect on how I played Madden and might as well have not existed. As such, outside of more fleshed-out coaching staffs, I have never understood the appeal of the mode as it was originally designed.

I hope the feature has been reimagined with a focus on the on-field football team.

# 3 BlueNGold @ 04/22/13 01:05 PM
Wow, nice find.

# 4 mestevo @ 04/22/13 01:09 PM
OK, now I'm excited.

# 5 jpdavis82 @ 04/22/13 01:12 PM
How sick would it be if you can be former owners and they have their old stadiums in the game?

Take down the Triplets at Texas Stadium? Keep the Browns in Cleveland? Create a franchise in LA?

# 6 Trick13 @ 04/22/13 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
As previously implemented, owner mode had zero effect on how I played Madden and might as well have not existed. Outside of more fleshed-out coaching staffs, I have never understood the appeal of the mode.

I hope the feature has been reimagined with a focus on the on-field football team.
I agree completely. And I hope that the "owner mode" cnclusion we are all jumping to includes both a "coach" and play games option- in other words don't give me "owner mode" where I just GM and do stadium stuff only to sit and watch games play out or be forced to "coach" only...
I am looking for complete control, not a glorified version of some text based harkening to games gone by...

# 7 DeuceDouglas @ 04/22/13 01:12 PM
Quote:

But seriously, if Owner mode returns, I hope it's not just a port of what previously existed. Coach ratings and progression were completely meaningless in Gen 6 (completely absent this generation, Gen 7), the stadium upgrades were completely meaningless, the build-a-stadium feature had too few options to allow for a unique creation (in either Gen 6 or Gen 7), stadium naming rights didn't do anything besides change a line of text, the uniform editor in team relocation has since been far outdone by other games, and changing concession / parking prices was completely meaningless. As previously implemented, owner mode had zero effect on how I played Madden and might as well have not existed. Outside of more fleshed-out coaching staffs, I have never understood the appeal of the mode.

They played a factor, albeit, small but it all was reflected in revenue. I remember in Madden 2004, teams would relocate after they continuously were losing a lot of money. The stadium upgrades were mostly meaningless, although I do remember seeing the 'virtual goal post' for the first time and thinking it was a glitch. And the naming rights gave you money based on season goals I believe. Stadium prices played a decent role in attendance.

It was all little stuff that was kind of cool. I think other teams relocating was the coolest thing about it. I'm with you though. I would much rather see an upgraded, redesigned take on that than just an eight year old port.

# 8 roadman @ 04/22/13 01:13 PM
It's all about the immersion.

I really skimmed over the hot dog pricing and parking prices, but I'd love to see it come back.

No Tony Bruno. please, just keep Twitter instead of Bruno.

# 9 TracerBullet @ 04/22/13 01:16 PM
Quote:
Well, your twitter profile will be returning then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Tony Bruno on twitter giving out links to the Tony Bruno Show. How about that?

# 10 Caveman24 @ 04/22/13 01:19 PM
I need more info first dont want to get my hopes up to bad lol.If this is true then I will be very excited.Come on EA go out with a Big Bang you owe us!!

# 11 DeuceDouglas @ 04/22/13 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's all about the immersion.

I really skimmed over the hot dog pricing and parking prices, but I'd love to see it come back.

I was watching ESPN the other day and saw the commercial for the Colin Cowherd show and it made me think of the Tony Bruno show. He would be absolutely perfect for it, equal parts dislike-ability and radio savvy. The Tony Bruno show was indeed awful but if they were ever to reincarnate it, Colin Cowherd gets my vote. It could be decent but it would need a lot of work and not constant Teyo Johnson interviews in Season 18.

# 12 jpdavis82 @ 04/22/13 01:20 PM
Which owners will you guys play as if this is indeed what it appears to be?

# 13 Trick13 @ 04/22/13 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
They played a factor, albeit, small but it all was reflected in revenue. I remember in Madden 2004, teams would relocate after they continuously were losing a lot of money. The stadium upgrades were mostly meaningless, although I do remember seeing the 'virtual goal post' for the first time and thinking it was a glitch. And the naming rights gave you money based on season goals I believe. Stadium prices played a decent role in attendance.

I want to see an option to lock out relocation for CPU teams though because the team names and uniforms were hideous. And I really hope they vastly improved on Stadium naming rights - as in real life they are paying for the name exposure, not team wins - maybe have bonuses in for wins, playoff games and so forth - but the base of the contract should pay a hefty amount just to throw the name up there - And I also hope EA is using some of their business to business connections so that we get real companies of varying levels...
ie - I always use the Cowboys and would love to see "Jerry World" renamed the Dr Pepper Dome, cuz I won't use the feature to be Joe Smoe Veterinary Field or some of the garbage insurance companies we had to choose from last time around...

# 14 BlueNGold @ 04/22/13 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Dan Snyder, just to be a virtual ******* as opposed to a real life one.

# 15 ch46647 @ 04/22/13 01:22 PM
Whike I still dont expect much from this years Madden. It is good news that it appears the focus is going much more to gameplay and franchise mode. With the exception of MUT, the EA team may finally be focusing on what has made this franchise so great in the past. If they truly focus on gameplay, and franchise mode, that experience will make a much more quality game for all aspects, on-line included. (I wish they would include fair play back)

I believe the engine is too broken on this generation of consoles to make any significant strides. However, the direction they appear to be headed could transition very well to the next-gen systems.

# 16 BlueNGold @ 04/22/13 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Whike I still dont expect much from this years Madden. It is good news that it appears the focus is going much more to gameplay and franchise mode. With the exception of MUT, the EA team may finally be focusing on what has made this franchise so great in the past. If they truly focus on gameplay, and franchise mode, that experience will make a much more quality game for all aspects, on-line included. (I wish they would include fair play back)

I believe the engine is too broken on this generation of consoles to make any significant strides. However, the direction they appear to be headed could transition very well to the next-gen systems.
Well what exactly was the focus last year then?

# 17 CM Hooe @ 04/22/13 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Thinking about it, I actually think I'd rather play as the Cowboys head coach under Jerruh so I can pull my hair out over his being a digital jackass in addition to a real-life one.

# 18 brettmickey @ 04/22/13 01:26 PM
If this turns out to be what we think it will be, what will happen if I get to the 20th year of my franchise as the Bills? Will Ralph Wilson be like 113 years old????

# 19 Trick13 @ 04/22/13 01:31 PM
Quote:
Thinking about it, I actually think I'd rather play as the Cowboys head coach under Jerruh so I can pull my hair out over his being a digital jackass in addition to a real-life one.
As a Cowboys fan, born and raised, I completely agree with that assessment LOL!!!

# 20 mestevo @ 04/22/13 01:41 PM
I'm excited but just so tentative about what to expect. A real owner mode could go so many directions. Guessing there's no GMs, just owners and coaches (making AI the GM, if you 'give up control' of some elements of running the team)? Personalities and traits that influence drafts, trades, coaching personnel decisions? Will Irsay tweet? Can *I* tweet and have owners/press react, influencing my relationship with other owners (even canned agressive/passive/neutral responses to events/tweets). Competition Committee, allowing you to tweak the rules as long as you can get the other owners to go along?

Not exactly a transient position either, so harder to reasonably see that in Connected Franchise. And what does an owner bring to Ultimate Team I wonder? If you can figure out that last one then you can probably figure out the lowest common denominator for what the position brings to Connected Franchise.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.