Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

EA was scheduled to release everything we wanted to know about Connected Franchise mode in Madden NFL 25 (or at least the first half of everything we wanted to know) tonight with Madden 25's Playbook #3. Tweets are flying online that suggest EA might have cancelled their reveal tonight, pushing it back to May 20 instead with a two part reveal of the 'new' mode. It's possible EA felt they couldn't reveal just part of Connected Franchise and wait a couple of weeks to reveal the rest, so they're doing it all on the same day.

Update: EA confirms the playbook has been moved back, "We're going to reveal all Connected Franchise features on the 20th so fans can get all the news about the mode and it's features at one time. So we're not canceling the first Connected Franchise Playbook, but are rather combining it with the other one so that all the details are announced at the same time (May 20th). We'll also be supporting the announcement with assets (blogs, videos, etc.) in the days after the announcement, like what we've been doing with the already-released Playbooks."

Here is the updated schedule.
  • Connected Franchise - (May 20th)
    Cement your legacy as one of the all-time greats and take ultimate control of your franchise.
  • Madden Share - (June 24th)
    The best content from around the Madden NFL universe, right at your fingertips.
  • Madden Ultimate Team - (July 1st)
    Enjoy new ways to play and build your team in this year’s edition of Ultimate Team.
  • All-25 (July 8th)
    Celebrating 25 years of Madden NFL's best of the best.
So there you go. Are you bummed? Understanding? Anything in between?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 darknmild @ 05/06/13 12:49 PM
Forget EA I have been waiting all weekend for today's news

# 2 ch46647 @ 05/06/13 12:52 PM
SMH EA, I was the biggest fan of Madden growing up. It was by far my favorite gaming franchise since I started playing in 92'. Something has happened over the last 7-8 years and these guys just do not seem to "get it".

# 3 Azcardinal32 @ 05/06/13 12:53 PM
They better not.

# 4 CM Hooe @ 05/06/13 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
SMH EA, I was the biggest fan of Madden growing up. It was by far my favorite gaming franchise since I started playing in 92'. Something has happened over the last 7-8 years and these guys just do not seem to "get it".
Overreaction much? All they did was postpone a feature reveal. We will still get info, just a bit later than expected.

That isn't to say I'm not mildly bummed at this development, but this isn't anything to get up in arms about.

# 5 reddogmaddogbul @ 05/06/13 01:01 PM
Funny I just might push my purchase date back till back to Black Friday.
Know what I mean!!!

# 6 BezO @ 05/06/13 01:05 PM
Good! Now replace it with something gameplay related and give some of us a reason to care about CC.

# 7 tfctillidie @ 05/06/13 01:07 PM
There has to be something behind the scenes for it.

Why wait till the last minute to cancel this? I don't buy it's because "they didn't want people to wait for the rest of the info" at all.

I'm afraid something that was to be discussed, may not be making it into the game, or something to that effect.

# 8 roadman @ 05/06/13 01:11 PM
Other priorities in my life to be bothered with a delay.

No biggie.

I'm with Bezo, though, sneak out some more game play news.

# 9 Mauer4MVP @ 05/06/13 01:13 PM
Mad at EA for rushing out video games.

Mad at EA for postponing preview videos of upcoming game.

#Maddengamerlogic.

# 10 mavfan21 @ 05/06/13 01:13 PM
That's cool. After last years CCM mess I have pushed back my purchase until mid-September after I see if it's worth the trouble.

# 11 roll2tide @ 05/06/13 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Mad at EA for rushing out video games.

Mad at EA for postponing preview videos of upcoming game.

#Maddengamerlogic.
Maybe your new here, I don't know.....but I don't think your going to fit in.

# 12 jbd345 @ 05/06/13 01:34 PM
Sounds like they weren't ready to release the news. Like someone else said, much bigger things in life to worry about. I'm just asking why pick a date you know your not going to meet??

# 13 howboutdat @ 05/06/13 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
There has to be something behind the scenes for it.

Why wait till the last minute to cancel this? I don't buy it's because "they didn't want people to wait for the rest of the info" at all.

I'm afraid something that was to be discussed, may not be making it into the game, or something to that effect.
yes i agree with above quote. i dont understand why so many still want to give EA some kind of benefit of doubt. I mean, they had over two weeks since first two playbooks to decide this. IF , it was only because they only wanted to release all the info on same date, they wouldnt have waited until about 9 hours before it was supposed to happen , to cancel it. something/s will be getting left out again in this madden, watch n see. they cancelled because something wasnt working right and they expected it to be. Meaning they are behind schedule. Something gonna get cut from the game. SMH typical typical typical . Maybe they should only release a new madden every 5 years, so they have plenty of time to finish it before they release it and put everything in it they plan to and that it needs.

# 14 briz1744 @ 05/06/13 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
Maybe your new here, I don't know.....but I don't think your going to fit in.
Lol. How cynical we have got

# 15 SageInfinite @ 05/06/13 01:37 PM
I'm just interested to see if they say anything about presentation in this blog. Honestly I can't even get into or excited about anything off the field until I enjoy the gameplay. I didn't even touch connected career in Madden 13.

# 16 cuttingteeth @ 05/06/13 01:40 PM
I'm still out-cynical-ing you all. I already expect with every announcement that I will be awaiting the next announcement.

# 17 Indyboy180 @ 05/06/13 01:41 PM
Oh well.

Not a big deal but it would be nice to see a gameplay video or two sooner or later.

# 18 MysteriousPanther @ 05/06/13 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
That's cool. After last years CCM mess I have pushed back my purchase until mid-September after I see if it's worth the trouble.
Was CCM that big of a mess in Madden NFL 13 last year? One question, is connected franchise mode online?

# 19 roadman @ 05/06/13 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenSaints
So has this been confirmed then or are we still awaiting confirmation.
According to the op, still waiting confirmation.

Eh, maybe marketing needed a few more weeks to develo the blog.

# 20 moneal2001 @ 05/06/13 01:44 PM
this sounds like EA is really waiting to announce this stuff for the microsoft event on the 21st.

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.