Home
Gran Turismo 6 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Gran Turismo 6 is coming this holiday season for the PS3. The demo arrives in July.

GTPlanet has posted the cars list featured in the demo (* denotes new to Gran Turismo).

Quote:
Acura NSX ’91, *Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale ’11, *Alpine A110 1600S ’68, *Audi Sport quattro S1 Rally Car ’86, Ferrari 458 Italia ’09, *Ferrari Dino 246 GT ’71, Ford GT ’06, *KTM X-BOW R ’12, Lamborghini Countach LP400 ’74, *Light Car Company Rocket ’07, McLaren MP4-12C ’10, *Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 ’11, Nissan 370Z (Z34) (GT Academy Version) ’08, Nissan 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy , Version) ’08, Nissan GT-R Black edition (GT Academy Version) ’12, *Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport, Nissan Leaf G (GT Academy Version), *Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance ’12, Toyota 86 GT ‘12

But what about the PS4 version? IGN spoke with creator Kazunori Yamauchi and he had this to say.

Quote:
"We actually do have a PlayStation 4 version in mind, but for this holiday season, we thought it would be best for users to release on PS3 for now."

New Game Engine
  • Refactoring
  • Compact, nimble operation
  • Flexible expandability
  • A new rendering engine that pushes the limits of the PS3
New Physics Engine
  • New suspension and kinematics model
  • New tyre model
  • New aerodynamics model
  • Technical partnership with Yokohama Rubber and KW Automotive
1200 Cars, abundant custom parts, and on-going DLC
  • From historic cars to the latest racing cars, the game contains a total of 1200 cars.
  • Multiple aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars.
  • Players can create their own personalised custom car in the game.
  • Cars will be continually added online
33 locations, 71 layouts
  • 33 Locations and 71 layouts will be provided from day1 (7 more locations and 19 more layouts than GT5)
  • More new tracks will continue to be provided online
New Course Maker
  • Massive scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers
  • A new course generation algorithm
Community/Club/Race Organizer
  • Players can form their own communities
  • Various community levels from local and domestic to global
  • Players themselves can create and manage their own online events
New User Interface
  • Balancing directional key operation and touch operation
  • Quick response
  • Shortening of loading times
Multi Device Compatibility
  • PlayStationฎ
  • Smart Phone
  • Tablet
  • PC

Gran Turismo 6 screenshot gallery - Click to view Gran Turismo 6 screenshot gallery - Click to view Gran Turismo 6 screenshot gallery - Click to view Gran Turismo 6 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Gran Turismo 6Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 5 - View All
Gran Turismo 6 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 iory_yagamy @ 05/15/13 12:51 PM
Now I have a reason to buy a Logitech Wheel. We know that Silverstone and Mount Panorama are already on the game, lets hope that Yas Marina and the real Monte Carlo make it too.

# 2 jenglund @ 05/15/13 01:33 PM
Let's hope "multi device functionality" includes Vita at some point.

# 3 bcruise @ 05/15/13 01:35 PM
2 GT's for every generation of consoles since PS1. Polyphony's consistent, you have to give them that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

# 4 LingeringRegime @ 05/15/13 02:21 PM
Good news. Don't know if I will be playing my PS3 very much during that time, but better late than never I guess.

# 5 mestevo @ 05/15/13 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Good news. Don't know if I will be playing my PS3 very much during that time, but better late than never I guess.
Given this is probably released after the PS4 and their plans for a stream of DLC I wonder when they originally intended to release it. Surely this wasn't their planned launch window.

I wonder if that means a PS4 GT is years away too.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

# 6 ps3veron @ 05/15/13 04:01 PM
Oh shucks for the PS3?! And here I thought I was moving to next gen.

# 7 inkcil @ 05/15/13 04:50 PM
Will the AI ever evolve? Too bad there was no mention of it.

# 8 Sendak44 @ 05/15/13 05:26 PM
Hopefully they mean 1200 cars. Not 200 "Premium Cars" and 1000 choppy-graphic POS cars

# 9 Feldman011teen @ 05/15/13 06:11 PM
ps4 gran turismo countdown to 2020

# 10 bigdoc85 @ 05/16/13 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Given this is probably released after the PS4 and their plans for a stream of DLC I wonder when they originally intended to release it. Surely this wasn't their planned launch window.

I wonder if that means a PS4 GT is years away too.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
I wonder if there is some concern as to the willingness of current PS3 owners to pony up for the new PS4?

# 11 bcruise @ 05/16/13 12:30 PM
Luke Plunkett of Kotaku:

"While the initial announcement said nothing of a PS4 version, series creator Kazunori Yamauchi has told GameSpot that "We have a PS4 version in mind for the future"."

http://kotaku.com/while-the-initial-...4-ve-507259769

# 12 Yrogergj24 @ 05/16/13 03:58 PM
You have to give PD some credit, on the Audi car, just like in real life the guys name is misspelled. They go above and beyond sometimes.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.