Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

There might be a few details that are hard to see in video form, here are 52 screenshots from the video to talk about.

And here's a quick breakdown of the features mentioned in the video:

Recruiting
  • Recruiting only done with points now, no more finding pitches
  • Bonus points are allocated per recruit when your strengths match his interests
  • Signing Day has been introduced for official commitments
Coaching Skills
  • RPG element to Coaching (Coach XP, levels and skills)
  • XP gained for on field performance, meeting milestones and even for recruiting
  • Structure of Coach Skills seem similar to NFL Head Coach 09 skill tree
  • Skills broken down into 3 categories (Recruiting, Offensive and Defensive)
  • HC controls how all skills are assigned (Can assign the skills for your OC and DC too)
  • Coordinators are only responsible for their own skills

NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 241 moylan1234 @ 05/29/13 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
THAT'S THE MOST FRUSTRATING PART!

Seriously, it doesn't frustrate you as much as it does me that there is such an innovative and great feature out there like Team Builder and they won't take the time to add some new designs to the uniforms, allow us to choose which shoe company we want associated with our teams, and basically everything else the people have listed on their wishlists? Teambuilder has so much potential and it's gotten minimal attention.
You're throwing rocks at a giant. listen to yourself, why would it bother me that there's an innovative and great feature out there? Of course all those things would be great, but so would a million dollars I'm not sitting here expecting it to drop in my lap. Whenever I feel bad that teambuilder doesn't have those things I remember the diehard fans of other series (that get much better press by the way) who are stuck with terribly made logos that get placed wherever the game makers see fit, home courts/fields that are laughable, announcers that can't even say the simplest team name, a handful of uniform options.

I'm playing 2K right now and I have about 7 created teams in my association half of them show up only as "City" at various points in the game. Some of them are actual NBA cities/team names and all are simple team names yet the announcers can only call all seven of them "home" or "away"

To minimize the updates to the feature is flat out wrong in my opinion for me the text box and team color last year in particular were huge and improved the overall teambuilder experience which is all that matters. whatever you want to call them updates/fixes/tweeks/changes again the point remains it gets more way more of them than any other game.

Nobody wants teambuilder 2.0 more than i do, but the little technical knowledge I have tells me most of the things on that list will have to wait for next gen at least maybe next, next?

# 242 UMhester04 @ 05/29/13 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards
Doesn't look like I'm the minority in this thread.

You're getting mad at the guy for saying his only problem with the game is that there aren't any new cleats...that is supposed to be a good thing.

# 243 movethechains11 @ 05/30/13 12:41 AM
Well that's really dissapointing. Kids can't sign until signing day and its huge day in college sports. Kindve like madden if they didnt have the draft. They need a preseason recruiting session that's when half the class verbally commits anyway

# 244 The_Wise_One @ 05/30/13 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
They can commit any time, but it looks like they'll commit much later than in years past. Granted this is a sample size of 1, but look at the picture below:

This dude signed 21 kids, but only 2 before week 10. In '13, he probably would've signed 16 of them before week 10.
I may be seeing things but it looks like on that screenshot the coach received XP for having recruited 3 players in the top 10 yet he had zero 5 star commits. Reduced amount of 5 stars or is it over so many years?

# 245 jello1717 @ 05/30/13 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
I may be seeing things but it looks like on that screenshot the coach received XP for having recruited 3 players in the top 10 yet he had zero 5 star commits. Reduced amount of 5 stars or is it over so many years?
I saw that too and took it to mean that it means "signed guys that are in the top 10 for their position."

# 246 moylan1234 @ 05/30/13 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
don't know what we're arguing over, we both agree Teambuilder was a great thing. My only point was how EA loves to add new things and then hardly improve on them.
No I don't agree with that at all teambuilder is still a great thing. and my only point was to get you stop saying that it hasn't seen any updates over and over in this and many other threads. I understand that the updates haven't been to your exact liking, but that doesn't mean they haven't been significant to me and others. they don't make the game for just you to play. And again all developers "love" to do that no feature has been more universally dismissed across all sports titles than create a team. The few games that have it are done poorly and never and I really mean never touched. The changes EA has made to TB comparatively are staggering quite frankly.

# 247 TDenverFan @ 05/30/13 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkwreck
Well that's really dissapointing. Kids can't sign until signing day and its huge day in college sports. Kindve like madden if they didnt have the draft. They need a preseason recruiting session that's when half the class verbally commits anyway
They can still commit before signing day, it has just been made more important

# 248 movethechains11 @ 05/30/13 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
They can still commit before signing day, it has just been made more important
Yeah that's how it normally works with signing day the day commits sign and also decommit. Signing day won't be relevant in this game until real life recruiting aspects are in it.

# 249 moylan1234 @ 05/30/13 03:39 PM
an update to the feature is an update to the feature just because you want to separate the two in order to further an argument doesn't it make so. and this isn't a back and forth at all because my only point again was moving you off of your original stance that teambuilder has seen zero updates which I've clearly done as even your willing to admit now that it's had a few and thanks for finding my old thread that once again proves that point.

And the much larger point remains that even just those few updates are way more than other games get in this department so again when looking at the immediate improvements this series needs an overhaul to teambuilder or even significant improvements to it is far down the list in my opinion and that comes from someone who wouldn't even own the game if teambuilder didn't exist.

# 250 bigbob @ 05/30/13 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
You're getting mad at the guy for saying his only problem with the game is that there aren't any new cleats...that is supposed to be a good thing.
Without reading previous posts, I think the problem is that someone thinks the only problem in the game is that there aren't new cleats.

# 251 UMhester04 @ 05/30/13 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Without reading previous posts, I think the problem is that someone thinks the only problem in the game is that there aren't new cleats.

If that's supposed to be in the sense that the guy is being naive then I change my stance on this argument lol

# 252 LionsFanNJ @ 05/30/13 04:38 PM
Ah. So i mention i like what I'm hearing so far and now I'm naive. Sweet. I hate you ****ing one time only posters that disappear once the game is released to only come back next year during pre release to vent again. Miss me with that. Search through the forum and youll see i have many issues with NCAA but SURPRISE! They're doing things to make the game better. Please continue to tell me I'm naive though because i don't fall into your precious hate crew.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

# 253 moylan1234 @ 05/30/13 09:17 PM
Oh please jersey you killed that horse yourself after about the 10th post you made complaining about no tb updates. don't pass that stuff onto me my hands are clean

# 254 ..GameOver.. @ 05/31/13 12:03 AM
Not sure I like the "point" system of recruiting. The phone call system was okay only because it attempted to reflect reality. The point system is a dumbed down version for recruiting, however, that seems to be the way video games, in general, are moving so I'm not really surprised.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.