Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

VSN has posted a new podcast with Madden NFL 25 Creative Director, Michael Young. There are quite a few interesting presentation nuggets included, some of which we have listed below.
  • The Presentation playbook went away this year, but that doesn't mean the team hasn't been working hard on it.
  • Year 2 with Nance and Simms adds more depth in commentary, especially in career mode, more details on that at a later date.
  • Replays feel more human, varied and specific to the types of plays. Using real cameras, from the real locations in the stadiums (framing, timing, etc.)
  • New animated tickers, banners, feels more like a broadcast.
  • Added more team chants, first down and stadium sounds, since they went to many stadiums with Jim and Phil and grabbed live recordings.
  • More authentic tracks from various stadiums. Redone referee audio.
  • If you move your team, commentators will talk about that.
  • New sideline reporter has been added, will talk about that later.
  • Adam Schefter is still in the virtual news feed, breaking story lines, but he has also been added to the draft commentary.
  • When the draft is running, Trey Wingo is the host and Adam talks about the outlook and expectations of the player.
  • Brand new branching story lines for 30 draft classes and Adam made them sound authentic. Adam has been signed for a couple of years.
  • Can't place players on the PUP list. (Injured reserve IS STILL in the game) - Mike misunderstood the question in podcast.
  • Owners can't bid for Super Bowl hosting.
  • Overhauled Connected Franchise website, much more functional with tutorials.
  • Commissioner tools haven't been locked down, so they couldn't announce any of them.
  • Facial scans were made for most of last year's rookie class (roughly 20 didn't get in) All starting QB's and some QB's that could see some time.
  • Also ran facial scans for coaches, in total close to 100 facial scans made it in.
  • Players get scanned if they are available at events (for example the Pro Bowl) some simply don't want to. Basically EA gets what they can, when they can. It's not as easy as people may think it is.
  • They have tweaked the Zoom camera, didn't mention any other cameras.
  • The rumors are FALSE. There is no PC version of Madden NFL 25.
  • Head coaches, head trainers, head scouts and owners will be featured in story lines, not coordinators.
Remember, these were just some of the nuggets, make sure you listen to the entire podcast here.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 BleedGreen710 @ 06/04/13 10:34 AM
If they wont reveal who the sideline reporter is then it must be not be that great of an addition..

# 182 roadman @ 06/04/13 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
If they wont reveal who the sideline reporter is then it must be not be that great of an addition..
I don't think a presentation blog has been delivered, has it?

If not, we should find out next week.

# 183 roadman @ 06/04/13 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous

I really appreciate your insight and your honesty. I find it sad that you cannot blow the whistle on all the despicable actions of EA for fear of ruining your reputation within the industry. You are obviously someone with a lot of integrity and passion for your field and to think anything such as an exposure of corporate lying could ruin your chances to progress frustrate me.

With regards to your statement, I find it ridiculous that this is not a suable 'crime'. At the end of the day, we have been sold and had a game marketed to us based on pretence.

Its not EA's fault that there is an exclusivity agreement but it is EA's fault that they capitalise on this to sell us a pack of lies. They should be exposed and held accountable for this.
I appreciate his honesty as well, but I do understand his stance and I agree with it.

A person doesn't want or need to burn bridges for employment opportunities down the road, especially in the age of social media. It happens in other industries and business as well. In interviews, the golden rule is to not bad mouth a previous employer, sadly, that is the way the game is played.

I'm just hoping for a few more surprises to be announced next week in the presentation area and for that matter, in other areas of the game, but this thread is about presentation.

# 184 Ozair Hussain @ 06/04/13 10:45 AM
I just want there to be more good FA's and steald in the draft. i want a 7th round pick to be as important as a first round pick

# 185 BleedGreen710 @ 06/04/13 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozair Hussain
I just want there to be more good FA's and steald in the draft. i want a 7th round pick to be as important as a first round pick
uhh well in all honesty that would be really unrealistic

# 186 jpdavis82 @ 06/04/13 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I think they're going to reveal presentation info at e3, if nothing else we will see it firsthand during the gameplay videos that ill be posting like crazy next week. I think it will be Steve Tasker or Solomon Wilcots but who knows. Who do you guys want to see as a sideline reporter?

# 187 DeuceDouglas @ 06/04/13 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't think a presentation blog has been delivered, has it?

If not, we should find out next week.
Like JP said I think they're waiting until E3. I thought they would come out with something pre-E3 but in that one podcast with Mike Young he said that for presentation it gets conveyed better with actual assets rather than a blog.

# 188 infemous @ 06/04/13 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I appreciate his honesty as well, but I do understand his stance and I agree with it.

A person doesn't want or need to burn bridges for employment opportunities down the road, especially in the age of social media. It happens in other industries and business as well. In interviews, the golden rule is to not bad mouth a previous employer, sadly, that is the way the game is played.

I'm just hoping for a few more surprises to be announced next week in the presentation area and for that matter, in other areas of the game, but this thread is about presentation.
Yeah I am very aware of that and respect it fully, I was just lamenting its existence. This sort of protection system is horrendous and I'd personally love to see a huge lawsuit aimed at EA for their false advertising and really distasteful practices when it comes to Madden.

I just don't know enough about the law to do it myself lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I think they're going to reveal presentation info at e3, if nothing else we will see it firsthand during the gameplay videos that ill be posting like crazy next week. I think it will be Steve Tasker or Solomon Wilcots but who knows. Who do you guys want to see as a sideline reporter?
I think that presentation info is scarce because the additions to it are not marketable enough and rightly so. I find it laughable that people would mention Schefter's inclusion in the drafts as something worthy of note. It is most certainly welcomed but it does not make much of a difference considering he is doing exactly the same thing Trey Wingo did last year. There is no cut scene of Schefty in Radio City Music Hall interviewing a draftee or a highlight film of the rookie's college film or anything.

All there is, is a different, more famous voice doing the same thing Trey Wingo did last year.

Presentation info is not gonna sell many people the game and upgrades are expected, especially considering how awful Madden's has been in comparison to other game titles available this generation.

I am hoping it is a female sideline reporter. I find that NFL broadcasts are too male dominated as is. I really enjoyed Melissa Stark on Madden 03.

# 189 jpdavis82 @ 06/04/13 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Like JP said I think they're waiting until E3. I thought they would come out with something pre-E3 but in that one podcast with Mike Young he said that for presentation it gets conveyed better with actual assets rather than a blog.
I think we will get some kind of video/trailer by Friday or else during E3. Hopefully before actual gameplay footage is posted on Youtube so we know what to look for in those videos as far as presentation. I'm hoping the new ticker is something in-game during CFM and not just the real world news ticker at the bottom of the screen, that's been in the previous Madden's and definitely is nothing special.

# 190 infemous @ 06/04/13 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Because they barely did anything..................

# 191 jpdavis82 @ 06/04/13 11:32 AM
Quote:
Yeah I am very aware of that and respect it fully, I was just lamenting its existence. This sort of protection system is horrendous and I'd personally love to see a huge lawsuit aimed at EA for their false advertising and really distasteful practices when it comes to Madden.

I just don't know enough about the law to do it myself lol

I think that presentation info is scarce because the additions to it are not marketable enough and rightly so. I find it laughable that people would mention Schefter's inclusion in the drafts as something worthy of note. It is most certainly welcomed but it does not make much of a difference considering he is doing exactly the same thing Trey Wingo did last year. There is no cut scene of Schefty in Radio City Music Hall interviewing a draftee or a highlight film of the rookie's college film or anything.

All there is, is a different, more famous voice doing the same thing Trey Wingo did last year.

Presentation info is not gonna sell many people the game and upgrades are expected, especially considering how awful Madden's has been in comparison to other game titles available this generation.

I am hoping it is a female sideline reporter. I find that NFL broadcasts are too male dominated as is. I really enjoyed Melissa Stark on Madden 03.
It could be Melissa Stark, she is a part of NFL Network now and like you said was in Madden 03. I disagree that these improvements are not marketable enough. You can definitely market a sideline reporter and authentic team chants, stadium sounds like muskets firing in New England if nothing else. I for one am most excited about the commentary talking about what's happening in my league and not what happened last year. If that works properly, that will be HUGE for me, but I'm a big commentary guy.

I think they are trying to shift their focus more on marketing gameplay and career modes than presentation. If the new sideline reporter is Melissa Stark or someone like that, that would be one of the first things you would have heard about in previous iterations of Madden. I think it's more about the mindset shifting with this dev team than it is a lack of improvements in presentation. We'll find out soon enough.

# 192 jpdavis82 @ 06/04/13 11:38 AM
Quote:
Because they barely did anything..................
Well if they just improved commentary to be more dynamic & focus on your league, actually got the stadium sounds, team chants, crowd responses,sideline reporter,player chatter, and referee audio to sound authentic, that would be a huge boost for presentation.

Some of this stuff was in previous versions, but it never sounded authentic. Just imagine scoring a TD in TB or NE and it actually sounding like cannons or muskets being fired. That kind of atmosphere is what has been missing in Madden and that is what brings the game to life.

# 193 jbd345 @ 06/04/13 11:43 AM
Hope they recorded the Bills shout song with the crowd clapping and yelling "hey". Doubt it though. Seems like Buffalo gets the shaft every year.

# 194 infemous @ 06/04/13 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
The only guy on your offense that gave my defense problems was Amendola who's gone. It's like they forgot to cover him half the damn time. And those fake punts killed the 49ers because seriously...how tough is it for the punter to pass the ball to the receiver on the sideline who happens to be WIDE OPEN??? And that happened twice!!! I was so aggravated that the play calling from my team was so damn dumb.

Then again, instead of running Gore in the Super Bowl at the end when we had 1st and goal at the Ravens 5 yards line, we passed four straight times. And there's people who complain about the non-call at the end but my complaint was on 3rd down...the defender hit Crabtree with a helmet to helmet shot from behind...that should have been a 15 yard penalty and automatic first down...or in this case, half the distance to the goal and an automatic first down because that was a hit on a defenseless receiver and yet, it isnt called. Thats what aggravates me about the NFL. They want penalties to be called on hits like that but yet, in the Super Bowl, nothing is called. I cant and didnt complain about the play where people thought that the Ravens should have been called for holding because the ball was overthrown and no way was Crabtree going to catch it. I just hated the horrible play calling and the no call on third down.

Its funny, my 49ers at times have horrible play calling just like in Madden in general. LOL.
LOL well Amendola was the only guy on our offense who could run routes... he was also the only guy Bradford seemed to truly trust.

I don't remember the hit but I was amazed people tried to make that last play a topic of discussion. The ball was so overthrown that no WR had any chance of ever getting to it, even if impeded. Kinda funny because the 9ers benefitted from a bogus call like that would have been (if called) a couple of years back in OT... I like to think of it as Karma

Quote:
It could be Melissa Stark, she is a part of NFL Network now and like you said was in Madden 03. I disagree that these improvements are not marketable enough. You can definitely market a sideline reporter and authentic team chants, stadium sounds like muskets firing in New England if nothing else. I for one am most excited about the commentary talking about what's happening in my league and not what happened last year. If that works properly, that will be HUGE for me, but I'm a big commentary guy.

I think they are trying to shift their focus more on marketing gameplay and career modes than presentation. If the new sideline reporter is Melissa Stark or someone like that, that would be one of the first things you would have heard about in previous iterations of Madden. I think it's more about the mindset shifting with this dev team than it is a lack of improvements in presentation. We'll find out soon enough.
I think the fact that Melissa Stark was on Madden 03 is exactly the reason why it isn't marketable enough. Likewise with all of the stadium sounds, flowing commentary etc. etc.

I agree, if the commentary is much improved then I will personally be very happy, but I think you're overestimating how much the general public really care about the commentary. I know that there are definitely people who would buy the game just based off of improved presentation elements, but there are way more people that would buy the game because its the new Madden without ever looking at the new features.

I also agree that this new dev team is doing a good job of learning from previous Madden's mistakes when it comes to marketing features people couldn't care about.. Although they're lucky owner mode has been removed from the game for so long that it will be welcomed so warmly.

I just find it so despicable how so many of the 'features' that can be considered positive are all rehashes or fixes...

I'm actually most excited about Custom Playbooks in CFM and the improved audible system.

Quote:
Well if they just improved commentary to be more dynamic & focus on your league, actually got the stadium sounds, team chants, crowd responses,sideline reporter,player chatter, and referee audio to sound authentic, that would be a huge boost for presentation.

Some of this stuff was in previous versions, but it never sounded authentic. Just imagine scoring a TD in TB or NE and it actually sounding like cannons or muskets being fired. That kind of atmosphere is what has been missing in Madden and that is what brings the game to life.
League discussion is a bit of a reach for M25 man.. I really doubt they can do that. They've had long enough to try. It would be undoubtedly cool though, no matter how late it is.

# 195 jpdavis82 @ 06/04/13 11:57 AM
Quote:
LOL well Amendola was the only guy on our offense who could run routes... he was also the only guy Bradford seemed to truly trust.

I don't remember the hit but I was amazed people tried to make that last play a topic of discussion. The ball was so overthrown that no WR had any chance of ever getting to it, even if impeded. Kinda funny because the 9ers benefitted from a bogus call like that would have been (if called) a couple of years back in OT... I like to think of it as Karma

I think the fact that Melissa Stark was on Madden 03 is exactly the reason why it isn't marketable enough. Likewise with all of the stadium sounds, flowing commentary etc. etc.

I agree, if the commentary is much improved then I will personally be very happy, but I think you're overestimating how much the general public really care about the commentary. I know that there are definitely people who would buy the game just based off of improved presentation elements, but there are way more people that would buy the game because its the new Madden without ever looking at the new features.

I also agree that this new dev team is doing a good job of learning from previous Madden's mistakes when it comes to marketing features people couldn't care about.. Although they're lucky owner mode has been removed from the game for so long that it will be welcomed so warmly.

I just find it so despicable how so many of the 'features' that can be considered positive are all rehashes or fixes...

I'm actually most excited about Custom Playbooks in CFM and the improved audible system.

League discussion is a bit of a reach for M25 man.. I really doubt they can do that. They've had long enough to try. It would be undoubtedly cool though, no matter how late it is.
They said they will talk about how a team did last week, season standings, stats, etc... Examples given were how the Cardinals would try and improve on their red zone struggles from last week or that the Cardinals had been on a winning streak due to their defense this year.

# 196 jpdavis82 @ 06/04/13 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Hope they recorded the Bills shout song with the crowd clapping and yelling "hey". Doubt it though. Seems like Buffalo gets the shaft every year.
That was in Madden 12 and at times I heard it in 13 but there were bugs that kept stadium songs from triggering.

Listen closely at 15:48, 21:20, 29:58

# 197 jbd345 @ 06/04/13 12:34 PM
Quote:
That was in Madden 12 and at times I heard it in 13 but there were bugs that kept stadium songs from triggering.

Yea I know it was in. I was saying if they recorded the muskets fireing at New England and you said they recorded various other sounds. I was just making the assumption they'd skip anything that involves Buffalo.

# 198 jpdavis82 @ 06/04/13 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Yea I know it was in. I was saying if they recorded the muskets fireing at New England and you said they recorded various other sounds. I was just making the assumption they'd skip anything that involves Buffalo.
Oh I don't know, hopefully not, it would be nice if they got stadium sounds for all 32 teams but I doubt it. We'll start to find out in 6 days.

# 199 SageInfinite @ 06/04/13 01:06 PM
Quote:

SMH@those cameras. Why would they get away from those? Game looks so much better than 13 in that aspect.

# 200 LorenzoDC @ 06/04/13 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
NBA 2K has 9 AI's on the court.

MLB the Show has about the same.

Madden has 21 player AI's.

I would also consider the requirement of a Madden AI to be much more complex than an AI in the Show. The AI in the Show has to move to a spot, catch a ball, then pick one of 5 locations where to throw. Madden AI have to account for many things all at the same time, that's football. They all have to identifiy the play, react, then react to all other 21 players and what they are doing, then make a split second decision if they are involved in the play. You're going to argue that's the same computing requirement?

Furthermore, you can find just as many complaints about the AI in those titles with a simple google search ('NBA2K11 Player AI' returns 3 links on the 1st page about bad teammate AI). I was referencing PC titles, such as Total War or Half Life, where the AI is considered some of the best ever written by gamers and media alike, not just "being better than Madden" which really isn't much of an achievement.
As much as I am pounding the table with others for better AI, I do agree with these comments that the comparisons to other console games with AI just don't hold water. I don't know programming but I do know that no one in the community has been able to show that the level of AI people like me want is achievable on current Gen without cutting out a lot of other things in Madden.

The original comment I quote has some caustic stuff in it I think is uncalled for so I'm not quoting that part.

All of this is why I'm thinking of hanging back on M25 until it's been out on new hardware to see how it plays out. On the one hand, my big issues are with CCF and game play AI and I doubt much will really get done on this with current hardware (hope I'm wrong!). On the other hand, I expect the new harware and game will need a very heavy does of patches and fixes, on the hardware firmware side and for the game itself, in order to work right. . . even if the AI issues turnout to be much better on nextgen.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.