Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

Check out the NCAA Football 14 video featuring LSU vs. Texas A&M and post your thoughts.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 stratospaly @ 06/07/13 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BV11
Looks the same as last year. For how much they hyped up the footplanting, I didn't really see it. Guys are still gliding around, crowd is still super quiet, commentary is horrible.. predator dreads are back.

Good thing I sold my 360 in preparation for the next gen consoles, because I wouldn't buy this game even if I still had it. And I am a diehard college football fan. Looks like Madden next gen is the only football ill be playing this year.

AND LSU IS RUNNING QUARTERS DEFENSE ON THE 7 YARD LINE. IM DONE.

#20 goes through #99 at :15

That tackle animation at :33 has been in for so long, and is SO BAD.
To be fair they are playing Texas A&M, who ran the ball for all but the last play. If I am facing a team that can throw it for 400-500 a game I will run cover 3 for most of the game too, even in the redzone. But then again I go with fast DEs, faster OLBs, and 3-3-5 defense, so its all a part of my defensive system.

# 22 jeremym480 @ 06/07/13 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic88
Yea, but like everything it looks like they have gone total 180 on this from bad run blocking to overwhelming. I mean come on, the A&M line was consistenly moving the LSU line 10+ yards down the field?! That just doesnt happen.

Once again, no hope for those of us who prefer defense.
I'm hoping they we're playing on Freshman.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

# 23 FloridaGators11 @ 06/07/13 02:14 PM
Quote:
They cant put real players in the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not talking about real names. I'm talking about QB #2 throwing it to HB #1 like it has always been

# 24 BV11 @ 06/07/13 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratospaly
To be fair they are playing Texas A&M, who ran the ball for all but the last play. If I am facing a team that can throw it for 400-500 a game I will run cover 3 for most of the game too, even in the redzone. But then again I go with fast DEs, faster OLBs, and 3-3-5 defense, so its all a part of my defensive system.
So a team has just run for a 20 yard gain and a 15 yard gain, and now they have the same personnel in at the 7 yard line. You are going to call a quarters defense with 3 lineman and 1 linebacker? Okay.

# 25 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/07/13 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeteam_ceo
I Did See Improved Blocking
Was it improved blocking or overly dumb defense ? Because I swear those holes in the running lane was so damn wide a bus could drive through it. I never seen a hole on a read option up the MIDDLE so damn wide open. Same thing with the screen play, way too wide open.

It was like the defense was always 2 or 3 steps behind the offense. AS though it was too much of a delay in their reaction time. I mean defenders colliding into each other on a read option ? Come on man.

What they play this on Freshman ? run defense slider at -50 ? The defensive awareness must have been turned off, because they sure didn't react in a human way. It was like they were doing 7 on 7 drills where you suppose to let the offensive play happen with little resistance.

# 26 stratospaly @ 06/07/13 02:18 PM
For those complaining about planting. I noticed a few hard cuts that did plant.

# 27 soonermagic88 @ 06/07/13 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaGators11
I'm not talking about real names. I'm talking about QB #2 throwing it to HB #1 like it has always been
THey kinda have a lawsuit on their hands. Not to mention with admittance of them using every likeness about the player EXCEPT his name, im sure they dont want to put anyone in who would even closely resemble someone, especially someone like Manziel.

# 28 BV11 @ 06/07/13 02:24 PM
Quote:
For those complaining about planting. I noticed a few hard cuts that did plant.
Okay so there is one, but at :13 the QB cuts to the left without planting, then immediately back upfield he does it again right after.

The RB at :22 takes the handoff and immediately cuts to the left without planting

Then at :52 he kind of glides upfield as he is turning it upfield right before the endzone.

# 29 Sparkles @ 06/07/13 02:24 PM
im not gonna pass major judgement cause it was not even a minute of gameplay... but from that, it looked good. not horrible but not amazing. plus i never got ncaa 13 so it obviously looks a lot better. im waiting for e3 but everyone needs to understand this isnt final build and a very limited time clip!

# 30 stratospaly @ 06/07/13 02:26 PM
Quote:
Okay so there is one, but at :13 the QB cuts to the left without planting, then immediately back upfield he does it again right after.

The RB at :22 takes the handoff and immediately cuts to the left without planting

Then at :52 he kind of glides upfield as he is turning it upfield right before the endzone.
I noticed those and they seem to be minor directional cuts that do not require planting. When a player changes direction by more than say 45*, that is when I would expect a plant.

# 31 TDenverFan @ 06/07/13 02:26 PM
TBH, I don't know what they could show in a minute long video that would display a complete re-haul of gameplay.

They did update some presentation elements, though.

# 32 BV11 @ 06/07/13 02:30 PM
Quote:
I noticed those and they seem to be minor directional cuts that do not require planting. When a player changes direction by more than say 45*, that is when I would expect a plant.
Okay well maybe they don't need a hard cut, but they need to at least make a solid plant and have a little body lean to get their momentum going that way. Those 3 cuts I listed they just turn angularly and immediately like the "swerve" running that they have said SO many times they got rid of this year.

# 33 NikeBlitz @ 06/07/13 02:32 PM
That crowd on the TD, totally College Football :/

# 34 kbomb1upc @ 06/07/13 02:38 PM
Blocking looked good. You really so the offensive lineman push the LB's and DT's. Also in the redzone you saw a really nice double team on the Nose guard and pushed him back like a double team should. If the pass blocking looked pretty good. Didn't really see any patty-caking on the one pass play. The LT got deep and kept the DE from ripping through him. Can't wait to see more.

Also you saw people really working downfield to pick up more blocks. Loved the new inside read option instead of always going wide.

# 35 BROman @ 06/07/13 02:39 PM
TAMU's fight song is back, that's good news

# 36 FloridaGators11 @ 06/07/13 02:40 PM
Quote:
THey kinda have a lawsuit on their hands. Not to mention with admittance of them using every likeness about the player EXCEPT his name, im sure they dont want to put anyone in who would even closely resemble someone, especially someone like Manziel.
Must have missed when that was announced. Didn't know every single player was going to be random.

# 37 UMhester04 @ 06/07/13 02:41 PM
Quote:

I see what he is saying though. Picture this with me and look at the video as well.

When the runner turns on those three instances he talks about, he is upright and turns while on the same leg as the direction he is turning. Think about it, or better yet try it yourself in the room your in.

Imagine you're running towards 1:00 and decide to turn towards 10:00 or 11:00. You are going to put your right foot down and push off with that foot towards 11:00. In the video, the guy is running towards 1:00 and his body just magically turns towards 11:00 WITH HIS LEFT FOOT ON THE GROUND.

It would at least look more real if the players leaned a little, but they don't even do that.

IMO, to get the running 100% sim, runners need to plant with the outside foot and push towards the direction they are going to turn in EVERY TIME. Maybe the devs could map the left stick like a clock, and every time the user moves the stick more than 1 "hour", there would be a different cut animation played out.

# 38 jpdavis82 @ 06/07/13 02:42 PM
Before everyone gets too down on this, let's remember this video and wait and see what happens at E3. We should get a lot of footage of NCAA 14 next week and hopefully the demo will be released like last year.

# 39 soonermagic88 @ 06/07/13 02:43 PM
Quote:
Must have missed when that was announced. Didn't know every single player was going to be random.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...o-using-player

# 40 Iceman87GT @ 06/07/13 02:44 PM
Quote:
Please tell me that you can take off the "R" read key symbol. I mean come on. And why bother posting a video of A&M and not having Manziel or any of the other starters in?
This does raise a question, obviously they weren't going to have Manziel in the video, but will the game ship with a black QB wearing #8 as the starter for A&M? Or did they go out of their way to alter the players for this video, this could create a nightmare in terms of getting out named rosters.

Quote:

Those moves don't require plants, and plenty of players will take that approach when catching a ball wide open with an easy path to the endzone. Some will try to cut it up dramatically, and at times that makes sense (when you need to get upfield quick especially when someone can make a play on you), but in that particular case there was no need to turn any sharper than he did in the video. This doesn't mean that they have that particular animation/situation down pat though, but you can't say they have that wrong based off of this video alone. Also to me it certainly looked like he was slowed down on that play, in year's past he'd turn and be almost at full speed immediately, now he's having to build speed (and never really hits that next gear because by that point he's in the endzone).

We'll get a better look at things in the demo, based on this video there are quite a few valid complaints (Commentary doesn't seem improved, still some oddities where players move through others, the D seemed non-existent), but the planting complaints don't really hold up (when they move horizontally they plant, when they angle towards the left or the right they don't plant, this is in line with real life).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.