Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

Check out the NCAA Football 14 video featuring LSU vs. Texas A&M and post your thoughts.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 outkaz79 @ 06/07/13 03:22 PM

*sigh*NCAA 13.5

# 62 jello1717 @ 06/07/13 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k198003
youll pass up the whole game to because the color of 1 guy is off? and you follow it up by saying you understand the legal reasons....its a thing you can change yourself or the gents on OS will change when they finish there rosters......but if you will pass it up for such a stupid reason....ok good lol

# 63 jpdavis82 @ 06/07/13 03:25 PM
Before anyone goes and cancels their pre-order based on this video, keep in mind that the demo will probably be out next Tuesday if they do like they did last year. At least try the demo out guys before you cancel your pre-orders based on less than a minute of gameplay footage, this is why some people refer to this as Overreaction Sports.

# 64 theycallmeSEABASS @ 06/07/13 03:26 PM
I'll be holding out judgement until we see some under center option, especially run by the CPU.

# 65 Aggies7 @ 06/07/13 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Before anyone goes and cancels their pre-order based on this video, keep in mind that the demo will probably be out next Tuesday if they do like they did last year. At least try the demo out guys before you cancel your pre-orders based on less than a minute of gameplay footage, this is why some people refer to this as Overreaction Sports.
I agree here. Plus you don't know what build this video is from. I'm hoping in actual gameplay the crowd is a little louder and more enthusiastic when it comes to 2 ranked teams playing.

# 66 DorianDonP @ 06/07/13 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
Anyone else see that LSU defender get absolutely cracked at the 23 second mark? That looked really good. Everything else was about what I expected. Shame that I haven't been blown away by gameplay in a really long time.
Yeah I rewinded that 3 times. Looked awesome.

Everything else about the video looked the same as 13. I saw no evidence of infinity engine. The awful crowd noise and the genetic commentary with so much dead air destroys the college football "atmosphere". So stale and boring.

# 67 willy981 @ 06/07/13 03:31 PM
EA Thought This Video Would Be The Difference Between 100,000 Pre-Orders To 1,000,000 Pre-Orders.Now It Went From 100,000 Pre-Orders To 100 Pre-Orders.I Mean,Who Would Buy This For $60?

# 68 Sportzfan0290 @ 06/07/13 03:31 PM
Not shocked still looks the same even without playing the video. Same game every year just new buttons for new features. This coming from an International CFB fan also why is Manziel number 8 is that because of the NCAA vs Likeness lawsuit. hmm.

# 69 DorianDonP @ 06/07/13 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I agree here. Plus you don't know what build this video is from. I'm hoping in actual gameplay the crowd is a little louder and more enthusiastic when it comes to 2 ranked teams playing.
This happens every single year lol. It's almost a parody of itself now.

Trailers come out. "Wait till gameplay video."

Gameplay video comes out. "Might be an old build. Wait till demo."

Demo comes out. "Not the same build. It's just a demo. Wait till retail."

Retail comes out. "This will be fixed in a patch. Wait till then."

Patches come out. "Wait till next year."

I feel what you see is what you're getting. I hope I'm wrong. I'd love for there to be a tremendous improvement from crowd audio and reaction. But the actual gameplay? It's right there in front of us IMO.

# 70 Soonerfan14 @ 06/07/13 03:35 PM
Well looks like the pool for ODs are going to be limited this year haha

# 71 Aggies7 @ 06/07/13 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP

Patches come out. "Wait till next year when."
Just keeping opening mind. I don't have a pre order or anything relying on this game. Just hoping for some surprises at E3 that will make me go wow.

And as you said above it is like that every year which I why I lowered my expectations until I actually see the finished game in action. Not gameplay videos, not a demo, but they actual game play when it comes out that Friday for the folks that get to download game early.

# 72 BV11 @ 06/07/13 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP

Patches come out. "Wait till next year."

I feel what you see is what you're getting. I hope I'm wrong. I'd love for there to be a tremendous improvement from crowd audio and reaction. But the actual gameplay? It's right there in front of us IMO.
Correct. Anyone that thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. Years ago I was one of those who would say "wait until the demo", or "wait until more gameplay footage". After YEARS and YEARS of seeing this exact same thing, I am not fooled into that anymore. There may be some small tweaks here and there, but 95+% of what you are seeing is what the final version will be.

# 73 jpdavis82 @ 06/07/13 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UWfan206
Exactly. That video didn't do us any favor or make us want to buy the game if anything I bet most of us are left disappointed and I don't blame anyone...

One of my biggest gripe like I posted earlier are those unrealistic replay angles. It's so annoying seeing it year after year. I want to see a true replay angle like we see on TV. EA has failed at that miserably. Oh and what happened to improved running? The running game still looks ugly.
I agree, but at the same time, this video shouldn't cause anyone to make or cancel a pre-order. It is what it is, I think the blocking game is going to be the big improvement this year, at least in terms of run blocking. That was the one thing that looked better immediately in the video. The player chatter sounded pretty good, but it has to have some variety and be relevant not just random chatter. The running animations themselves are hard to judge off of such a short clip, but I think the focus of greatly improved player motion is going to be on the next gen consoles. Footplanting is in this video, but its not as obvious or seemingly not as well done as we would have liked.

Hopefully next week after we see some more footage we will have a much better idea of where this game stands. I never expected drastic changes based on where we are in the life cycle of this console, so if we see some improvements in the areas they told us they improved, over this video, most people should be satisfied. At the end of the day, form your own opinions if you like the game, buy it, if it's not for you, don't buy it and wait until it is.

# 74 jello1717 @ 06/07/13 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy981
I Mean,Who Would Buy This For $60?
As someone that played '12 for 12 months and is still playing '13 (both my offline and online dynasties) I've been very stoked for '14 to come out. I've liked pretty much everything I've heard about it so far and even this video is getting me even more stoked for it's release.

So, to answer your question; I would buy this for $60.

# 75 jpdavis82 @ 06/07/13 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy981
EA Thought This Video Would Be The Difference Between 100,000 Pre-Orders To 1,000,000 Pre-Orders.Now It Went From 100,000 Pre-Orders To 100 Pre-Orders.I Mean,Who Would Buy This For $60?
Realistically it went from 100,000 to 99,000 at worst, let's be honest.

# 76 Iceman87GT @ 06/07/13 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
THIS! See how the game feels to you before you give up on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BV11
So you are trying to argue that when you are changing directions even at smaller angles, you don't have to plant your feet? Your body should just start moving in that direction without planting? Im not sure what you are arguing. I understand small cuts dont need hard plants that slow you down a ton, but you still have to plant your foot in the ground to generate some force to change direction.

I don't care how small of a cut you are making, you are going to slow down and your body is going to lean some if are going from a full sprint to changing directions.
I'll give you the QB movement for his upper body, but the legs are moving correctly, it's simply not that dramatic of a movement that he is making to where he should be cutting or making overly dramatic upper body moves.

The RB though appears to be spot on.

You can turn like they both are, while sprinting without slowing down noticeably. The RB is already heading northwest when he gets the ball so when he heads slightly further west there's not going to be a slowdown or that much of a dramatic body movement.

Notice every time the RB starts out going left and there is no dramatic cut when he continues to go left, but every time he goes right he has to cut, that's because he is actually changing directions in that scenario. His momentum is carrying him to the left so when he continues to go left there is less of a slow down, however when he shifts from going left to going right he has to cut. If he was going straight up field and then went to his left that would require a cut or a slowdown to make the turn, but he isn't and thus he doesn't. Now had he taken a sharp angle to the left it would affect him but the movements we see in the video aren't sharp at all.

# 77 Bolt957 @ 06/07/13 03:46 PM
For people complaining about random players in the game for teams, you do realize that people WILL make completely named rosters with correct attributes, jersey numbers, gear, and etc. AND you can download that kind of stuff!!

As for the video, it looks like it's possibly an early build. I saw a few bright spots, but for the most part, it's still similar to '13. They need to fix the AI so that the players react to what's happening during play. Plus, as mentioned earlier, the chatter should help them. I think it should be tied into the AI so they can help each other as a team every play. But that doesn't mean it should be overpowered.

Still no new Nike cleats, but they have the adidas cleats. I'm ashamed to say that we still give our money to EA.

# 78 KANE699 @ 06/07/13 03:55 PM
The only differences I can see here are some what appear to be slightly better running mechanics from the ballcarrier, other than that I am not seeing anything that makes me believe the game has improved.

Crowd noise is still sub par :/

# 79 TripleCrown9 @ 06/07/13 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UWfan206
Dude are we watching the same video...? You sure you don't work for EA...?
I just want to say I love how this is the same damn response every time someone says something remotely positive about this game. Maybe he just enjoys the game? Maybe he's one of the few people, like myself, that plays the game for what it is. Maybe, and this is where it gets crazy so try to keep up, but maybe he can spend his own money how he pleases?

You people are ridiculous lol. "That's not how my leg moves when I do that!!! Where are the physics??? This game is dumb!!!1!!! 13.5 is all we're gettting!!!" No, you're getting NCAA Football 14. Just because you fail to see anything that's changed doesn't mean nothing has.

# 80 DorianDonP @ 06/07/13 03:57 PM
If this is such an old build, why would they even put this video out? What purpose does it serve? If they have something better for E3, why not just wait 3 days to show it off?

I mean, wow. The CB still has the momentum to stand up the RB like that? Why did the S just run into an invisible wall and slide off instead of finishing up the tackle? Where is the IE on this play?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.