Home
FIFA 14 News Post

One of the few playable Xbox One games on the show floor was FIFA 14, and even at “65 percent complete,” according to producer Nick Channon, the game looks like the Xbox One version is going to be the one footy fans will want to wait for this year. Amusingly, the producers did actually confirm that the game was running on actual hardware by showing the dev kit, so I can be fairly sure that what I played is a good representation of what FIFA 14 will bring to next-gen consoles this holiday season.

Read More - E3 2013: Hands-On with FIFA 14 on Xbox One

Game: FIFA Soccer 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
FIFA Soccer 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Wiggy @ 06/12/13 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
Is there anything you can say about the genericness that is FIFA? The problem where every player and every team feels the same. Was that evident or fixed ?

Going with PES2014 this year I think. Saw a gameplay video and it was awesome.
I agree with you about this in FIFA games, and honestly, I didn't find that aspect much different here. It certainly played a good game, but the individuality you're looking for is still a bi of an elusive concept for them, from what I played.

# 2 Wiggy @ 06/12/13 11:55 AM
Correction: ^^ bit

# 3 orion523 @ 06/12/13 11:56 AM
Nice! I was able to secure the last available XBOX One preorder at my local Gamestop today(curiously they had 15(of 30) PS4 preorders still available and I was sure that would be more popular) but I digress. FIFA is the game I play most and although I will get the 360 version, this one has me salivating.

# 4 Maxflier @ 06/12/13 04:33 PM
From what I heard, stores only get like 10 Xbox ones for pre-order versus the 30 for PS4.

# 5 orion523 @ 06/12/13 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxflier
From what I heard, stores only get like 10 Xbox ones for pre-order versus the 30 for PS4.
This particular store in Philadelphia had 30 of each to presell, so that wasn't it.

# 6 DaWolf @ 06/13/13 05:39 AM
Nice preview. To me that all sounds like a graphical advanced version of the current gen with added animations.

Can you tell us a little about the more weightier feel of the players as a result of the new movement animation system? I always felt that FIFA players are moving too fast and floaty.

# 7 razorkaos @ 06/13/13 02:00 PM
Did you play with manual controls? I mean, manual controls are still available, right?

# 8 infemous @ 06/13/13 05:19 PM
Any adjustment to the lack of 'one footed' players in FIFA?

Everyone seems to be so proficient and comfortable on both feet that it really detracts from the experience. I don't want to see Arjen Robben approaching a neutral ball and hitting a crossfield pass on his right foot or having a pop with his right foot etc. etc.

Everyone on FIFA is so good with both feet

# 9 KG @ 06/13/13 08:52 PM
In this day & age I expect professional clubs & players to play like their real-life counterparts.

I don't expect signature styles for your average BPL player or to capture Rayo Vallecano's team style but all the major players and clubs should somewhat resemble themselves. Imagine playing 2K and the Heat play like Grizzlies. We'd be up-in-arms about it.

# 10 infemous @ 06/18/13 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
In this day & age I expect professional clubs & players to play like their real-life counterparts.

I don't expect signature styles for your average BPL player or to capture Rayo Vallecano's team style but all the major players and clubs should somewhat resemble themselves. Imagine playing 2K and the Heat play like Grizzlies. We'd be up-in-arms about it.
Not enough FIFA players take them to task about it, and I don't think they have Gamechangers for FIFA so there is no real link between the fans and the developers...

# 11 LingeringRegime @ 06/22/13 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG

The thing that gets me is that FIFA always get more critical acclaim despite the flaws in which you mention. Reviewers tend to look at the team licenses alone, rather than individuality with teams/players.

The "other game" does far more with less to work with imo.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy FIFA for the online manual play, but I always buy the other game for offline play. I wish I didn't need to buy two games every year.

# 12 KG @ 06/22/13 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
The thing that gets me is that FIFA always get more critical acclaim despite the flaws in which you mention. Reviewers tend to look at the team licenses alone, rather than individuality with teams/players.

The "other game" does far more with less to work with imo.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy FIFA for the online manual play, but I always buy the other game for offline play. I wish I didn't need to buy two games every year.
Agreed.

At some point we (consumers, footy fans, sports fans in general) need to demand more than licenses.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.