Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

EA Sports has released the second title update for NCAA Football 14, which is available now for 360 and PS3 users.

The update includes multiple presentation and performance issues, as well as gameplay enhancements listed below.
  • Formation Subs Exploit
    Fixed an exploit that allowed users to disconnect an online H2H game without receiving a loss or affecting DNF %
  • Coaching Carousel Update
    Fixed an issue that prevented non-commissioner user teams from being offered new jobs in Online Dynasty
  • Defensive Back Hot Route Adjustment
    Fixed an issue where some Defensive Back Hot Routes would not react correctly
  • Old Dominion Update
    Fixed an issue where Old Dominion is referred to as “Big Blue” and not “Monarchs”
  • Vignette Slowdown
    Addressed an issue where postplay vignettes did not trigger after touchdowns.
  • Grey Facemask Issue (PS3)
    Fixed an issue where some teams had a grey facemask in-game regardless of user modifications on the PlayStation 3
  • PS3 Optimization
    PS3 players will notice a much quicker overall experience with reduced hitches.
NCAA FOOTBALL ULTIMATE TEAM UPDATES

Team Skill OVR Rating update
  • Fixed an issue where Team Skill OVR ratings appeared to be 99, but were actually only a 94
  • Players may see their OVR Team Skill Ratings adjusted after applying the title update
  • Please note that individual player OVR ratings have not changed at all.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 YanksFaninLouisiana @ 08/21/13 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfan1993
In the past they have pointed out improvements to gameplay in a straight forward manner, such as: "tweaked the interaction between WR/CB" - they did not do so this time.
I think you may be giving EA a little more credit than they deserve regarding describing all their changes. It's not just limited to EA either, lots of developers don't outright admit crippling bugs they fixed. Just saying they "fixed gameplay issues" may not be satisfying, I agree.

# 102 canesfins @ 08/21/13 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze88
I think I found a new bug on field goals, the RG no longer blocks letting his man shoot through. Still no blocked kicks though
Your not the only one! In my first game I kept seeing that too. On one of them the guy came through completely untouched, still didn't block it but took out my kicker hard and no flag was thrown lol.

# 103 TCFClemson @ 08/21/13 01:19 PM
Instead of taking it to Gamespot put it on ebay.

# 104 mva5580 @ 08/21/13 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Who are you to say they aren't helping themselves? A trade in could mean $30 towards GTA 5, the special edition. If it means he paid 30 bucks for a month of gameplay, then so be it. Still more hours put into NCAA than single player games that can be completed in 8-15 hours.

Last of Us (for example)+NCAA 14=New game.

If you want to say EA doesn't care then fine (though I do think EA cares about the abundance of used copies on the market, which limit the lifetime sales of the game). But to say they aren't helping themselves by getting rid of a game they aren't enjoying by the off chance that EA creates a patch in a month or so doesn't seem right. They are helping themselves to gameplay that will satisfy them.
It's that kind of thinking that keeps the games from improving.

If people would just STOP BUYING the game instead of buying it, playing it for a month and not being satisfied and then going on their yearly EA rant right before trading it in, MAYBE something would change.

When people just keep blind buying the game year after year over and over and come away with the same complaints, why should they change anything?

You don't need to bother responding because 1) I can already imagine everything you're going to say, and 2) I won't be reading it anyway. EVERY SINGLE YEAR this **** happens and yet EVERY SINGLE YEAR the behavior is the same. Gee what a shock....the game doesn't change.

# 105 ryn2o01 @ 08/21/13 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
Old Dominion Update
Fixed an issue where Old Dominion is referred to as “Big Blue” and not “Monarchs”
Hate to tell them, but we STILL get called Big Blue. Just finished a game and at the end called us "The Big Blue". Seems like they avoid saying the team name after we score and at halftime all he said was "And the score is, 21-14."

I don't know if I need to go out of the game and back in after the patch, but it still bugs the hell out of me we get called the wrong name. I'll play another game later, and see if it's any different.

# 106 YanksFaninLouisiana @ 08/21/13 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
But to act like "oh, it's just your system" is pretty thick of you to say, imo.
To be fair, 90% of tech support forums blame the person's system when it comes to computer issues. Usually your drivers/OS/browser/router/port settings/plug ins are blamed before the developers even consider that maybe their software is bugged.

I don't blame them *too much* as it's damned near impossible to write software for every system on the planet. It's often easier to jsut get it to work on individual systems.

# 107 jake44np @ 08/21/13 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
Come on guy. I work in tech support. Just because it may be an isolated incident HERE doesn't mean there isn't a single or multiple other people having this issue. Also, i might agree if it weren't for a couple reasons: a) it worked fine before the patch and b) the menus have sound before i load the game.

I was too frustrated last night to try a couple more things like maybe starting a new character and maybe deleting all saves and every other file from the game.

But to act like "oh, it's just your system" is pretty thick of you to say, imo.
You lost all respect as soon as you said you work in Tech Support! lol
I can take nothing as truth from you as soon as i read that. lol
Sorry i have major issues with my Tech Support team at my work.

# 108 twigstudios @ 08/21/13 02:25 PM
I've noticed they've fixed the super no-huddle and they are no more grey facemasks as far as I've seen on my PS3 version however my ESPN scoreboard disappears on me and the opening sequences freeze constantly in dynasty mode and I have to hit the x button to continue but it works in exhitbition mode with no issues...also when I pause the game the wrong team's logos show up on the screen...PS3 gameplay seems smoother but this version is still a little glitchy...

# 109 DorianDonP @ 08/21/13 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
It's that kind of thinking that keeps the games from improving.

If people would just STOP BUYING the game instead of buying it, playing it for a month and not being satisfied and then going on their yearly EA rant right before trading it in, MAYBE something would change.

When people just keep blind buying the game year after year over and over and come away with the same complaints, why should they change anything?

You don't need to bother responding because 1) I can already imagine everything you're going to say, and 2) I won't be reading it anyway. EVERY SINGLE YEAR this **** happens and yet EVERY SINGLE YEAR the behavior is the same. Gee what a shock....the game doesn't change.
Hilarious considering 1. I've bought the game used the past 2 years and 2. I'm not trading it in.

# 110 Chedapalooza @ 08/21/13 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze88
I think I found a new bug on field goals, the RG no longer blocks letting his man shoot through. Still no blocked kicks though
This for sure I can confirm

# 111 EarvGotti @ 08/21/13 02:44 PM
No fix for the defense reset glitch that happens when the offense chooses a play after a no-huddle?????????

# 112 Smooth Pancakes @ 08/21/13 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
You lost all respect as soon as you said you work in Tech Support! lol
I can take nothing as truth from you as soon as i read that. lol
Sorry i have major issues with my Tech Support team at my work.
This. Lol. Our tech support at work seems to do nothing but dick things up even worse than they already are.

They usually have to make two or three trips into the office (we're part of a cluster of offices, with tech support being housed in the main offices 45 minutes away), first time to identify the issue and maybe "fix" it. Otherwise, identify the issue, order the necessary parts, then come back a second time, usually a week later, to "fix" it. Then another week later, when there are still issues or they proceeded to screw things up even worse, come back a third time and MAYBE actually fix the bloody issue.

So yeah, anyone saying they're with tech support right off the bat, completely loses all benefit of the doubt from me as to their competence when it comes to tech issues.

# 113 Maverick09 @ 08/21/13 03:03 PM
How the hell is this patch 496MB!?!? The size is enormous when considering the issues that it addressed.

# 114 YanksFaninLouisiana @ 08/21/13 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick09
How the hell is this patch 496MB!?!? The size is enormous when considering the issues that it addressed.
Graphics files are pretty big. They addressed the facemask "issue".

# 115 Chedapalooza @ 08/21/13 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
I saw the same thing. Thought I just had a bad RG.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
Happens on PAT- my kicker is usually on the ground after being run into by his guard being pushed by the DT ..

Also seeing defenders get thru line on punts , namely ALL punt blocking formations

To avail, no blocks still lol

# 116 GisherJohn24 @ 08/21/13 03:14 PM
Anyone know if the 360 stadium sounds issue was patched for 360?

# 117 BleedGreen710 @ 08/21/13 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Happens on PAT- my kicker is usually on the ground after being run into by his guard being pushed by the DT ..

Also seeing defenders get thru line on punts , namely ALL punt blocking formations

To avail, no blocks still lol

# 118 jnewcomer5 @ 08/21/13 03:45 PM
Did they do anything with the ATK glitch? I played a game and my two players with the most tackles and both had 8 tackles and no ATK. Also I had only 3 ATK all game. When looking at my opponents they had ATK and solo tackles pretty well spread out. Doesn't appear they fixed this issue.

# 119 LionsFanNJ @ 08/21/13 04:02 PM
I don't care what anyone else sees. After playing a bit its obvious to me they did some slight tweaks like defenders being aware of receivers in their zones and reaction time. Blown coverages pop up every now and again but I'll deal with it seeing as I'm not getting shootouts now and qbs average around 60% now.

This is all settings default AA. So I'm fine with this.

# 120 jwilphl @ 08/21/13 04:21 PM
No gameplay fixes, how unfortunate. The AI DBs are fine as they stick to my receivers like white on rice while my DBs are as inept as ever. And this was playing against Miami (OH), I can only imagine what would have happened against a better team. That needs addressed.

The glitch (PS3) after a TD is scored and the camera is stuck on the ball or the player who scored is still present. It has been like that since the demo.

User AI blocking needs a lot of help too. My teammates constantly just run by guys without ever engaging, resulting in me losing 5 yards each time.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.