Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA SPORTS AND UNDER ARMOUR TAKE THE COURT

Rise Up in the EA SPORTS Draft Showcase Powered by Under Armour

EA SPORTS announced today a brand-new career mode coming to NBA LIVE 14: Rising Star. In Rising Star, gamers will be given the chance to write their own history as an NBA player. Whether it’s modeling your career as a scoring point guard or an athletic big, it’s up to each player to decide how they want to dominate the game and earn Rising Star Points to improve their skills.

The first challenge is to make your mark in the EA SPORTS Draft Showcase powered by Under Armour. How well you ball on the Under Armour court will determine your Draft potential, and where you’ll start your NBA career.

Manage your player’s career for up to 25 years in the league, growing from a role-player coming off the bench to an NBA All-Star. When it’s all said and done, will you be the next NBA Superstar?

In addition to in-game integration, EA SPORTS is a key partner for the 2013 Under Armour Elite 24 event in New York. The 8th annual game and activities will take place at, and around, the newly constructed custom outdoor basketball court at the Tobacco Factory in Brooklyn, NY on August 23 – 24. The game airs live on ESPNU at 7 p.m. ET Saturday, Aug. 24.

EA SPORTS will launch NBA LIVE 14 later this fall on the next-generation of video game consoles, Xbox One® and PlayStation® 4.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bigeastbumrush @ 08/21/13 04:52 PM
I'm listening EA.

Go on...

# 2 Williekemp15 @ 08/21/13 04:54 PM
Hmm interesting.. you have my attention EA, lets see a real trailer soon.

# 3 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 08/21/13 05:03 PM
Need gameplay

# 4 k1lo5 @ 08/21/13 05:04 PM
Now were talking, pic of the court looks flash, if the career mode is anything like FIFA then were onto a winner.

Please continue EA! Lets hear more!

# 5 napecori @ 08/21/13 05:13 PM
I'm already 75% sure I'm getting Live > 2k next gen. 2k is getting lazy, a good example is after seeing the euroleague gameplay. All they changed was the court, teams, and players. No european vibe.

# 6 Gramps91 @ 08/21/13 05:14 PM
I'm happy to see this included. I love 2k's career mode. I hope this one can be good as well We'll see.

# 7 Bolt957 @ 08/21/13 05:25 PM
Will this game actually release, EA?

# 8 onac22 @ 08/21/13 05:31 PM
Soooo in other words it is just like every other game?

# 9 gausec @ 08/21/13 05:42 PM
A nice feature but I need to actually get a gameplay feel from them lets hope its a deeper career mode though, and not just like 2k11's first attempt at it, 2k has some solid ground on it..

# 10 titans321 @ 08/21/13 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnate128x
I'm still wondering where their 5 on 5 game-play video has gone. They promised one this summer. The summer is basically over. Come on EA....... Here we go again with your empty promises.
Summer actually ends in exactly one month on September 21.

# 11 GR3GisGreat @ 08/21/13 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by titans321
Summer actually ends in exactly one month on September 21.
When Live was out I played it WAY more than 2k.I hope they come back with a vengeance. But Im not feeling the fact that they have been extra quiet since that last Kyrie trailer. EA don't have any time to play around, especially since they have been absent for the last 3 years.

# 12 Moose Factory @ 08/21/13 06:02 PM
As long as it's not a text-based experience *cough* Live The Life Mode *cough*, could be promising...

# 13 Mintsa @ 08/21/13 06:24 PM
What if.....what if we go back in time this year to the early/mid 2000's and have 2 strong NBA basketball games???? I'd be a happy man. I have no bias toward either game. I just want to solid NBA games.

I'm hungry for some gameplay vids.....

# 14 ultralow36 @ 08/21/13 06:27 PM
wow very nice cant wait..

# 15 jersez @ 08/21/13 06:43 PM
Okay we'll hopefully the ball will start to roll as far as information on 14 goes. Not surprised they added a mode like this, if people buy this game now they can't say "2k has my player so I'm staying with 2k".

But hopefully Live 14 doesn't try to answer everything 2k does or doesn't do, and it can be it's own game.

# 16 poloelite @ 08/21/13 06:43 PM
Am I missing something?? Sounds like they just ripped 2k's career mode. Would've much rather see them make theirs stand apart in the press release with a new twist. But one game audition, draft, start as bum and work your way up... yep, par for the course. How about playing the NCAA tourney right before the combine workouts and meetings (similar tourney to high school FB in NCAA)? Maybe offering 2 or 3 different paths you can take from jump (start as bum, come in as the starter or come in as the next phenom)? You can't dethrone the champ throwing the same punches he does, AFTER he throws them at you smh.

# 17 champsbasketball @ 08/21/13 06:45 PM
I like this news that they have their own career mode I would just like gameplay.

# 18 nick_sr @ 08/21/13 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
Am I missing something?? Sounds like they just ripped 2k's career mode. Would've much rather see them make theirs stand apart in the press release with a new twist. But one game audition, draft, start as bum and work your way up... yep, par for the course. How about playing the NCAA tourney right before the combine workouts and meetings (similar tourney to high school FB in NCAA)? Maybe offering 2 or 3 different paths you can take from jump (start as bum, come in as the starter or come in as the next phenom)? You can't dethrone the champ throwing the same punches he does, AFTER he throws them at you smh.
And 2k hasn't borrowed ideas from nba live? could careless about this and other modes, I just want dynasty and good presentation.

# 19 jersez @ 08/21/13 07:14 PM
I think they should have added the option of going through the draft combine(which is realistic) and summer league or go through that one game showcase. Me personally I love summer league ball.

# 20 thedream2k13 @ 08/21/13 07:35 PM
no more articles, its gameplay or bust EA

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.