Home
GRID 2 News Post

GRID 2™ DEMOLITION DERBY MODE AVAILABLE FOR FREE DOWNLOAD

Smash, Crash and Bash to Victory as Fan Favorite Mode Returns

Codemasters has announced that Demolition Derby mode, a free download for GRID 2™, is available now for the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Windows PC from Steam and next week for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.

Demolition Derby mode was one of the most requested features in feedback from the GRID 2 community and updates the original mode from GRID for GRID 2 to take advantage of the game’s superior graphics and damage engine. The free downloadable content includes the Jupiter Eagle Ray Mk 5 Demo Derby car with a range of stock liveries, plus the option to customize its livery, and the Detroit Demolition Derby Stadium where players can choose from two configurations of the track, each featuring a crossover jump to encourage contact. Demolition Derby mode can be enjoyed in single-player, split-screen and in up to twelve player online races.

This free downloadable content, which will be available on the Xbox Live online entertainment network for Xbox 360, Steam for Windows PC and PlayStation Network, follows a recent Community patch which updated the game following consultation and feedback from GRID 2 players. The full feature list, which includes a Level cap rise to 99, a new online playlist entitled ‘Hardcore’, increased in-game rewards for clean racing and, for the first time in a Codemasters Racing title, Mod Support for Windows PC players, is available at www.codiesblog.com.

GRID 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view GRID 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view GRID 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view GRID 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view GRID 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: GRID 2Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 4 - View All
GRID 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bigdoc85 @ 09/04/13 04:58 PM
Yeah, baby! I can't believe they left this out initially! Can anyone comment on the patch?

# 2 JMD @ 09/10/13 06:23 AM
I'm glad they added this back into the game. There's really only one way to describe it, Fun!

# 3 LingeringRegime @ 09/13/13 11:14 AM
Time to dust off my copy!

# 4 LingeringRegime @ 09/19/13 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
You don't seem to smash into each other. It's just a normal race around a demo derby track. Am I missing something here?
I am confused about the rules as well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.