Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports has released a couple of facial scans for Kyrie Irving in NBA Live 14 (thanks for the heads up MarkWilliam). It looks like they captured Kemba Walker, Brandon Jennings, Greivis Vásquez and Kent Bazemore during the Under Armour Elite 24 that EA Sports sponsored.

It will be interesting to find out how many other players they will be able to capture before release. The NBA Live 14 team promised to show us some 5 on 5 gamplay this summer.

TIME IS TICKING...

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 MarkWilliam @ 09/06/13 11:35 AM
What do we think guys?

I personally am itching to see what some of the others look like.... hearing murmurs of the real life appearance of the game really is building hype.....

From a press cam with stadium lighting, cyberfaces like this and some decent animations, one could almost confuse this game for the real thing....

# 2 ccoaxum @ 09/06/13 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
What do we think guys?

I personally am itching to see what some of the others look like.... hearing murmurs of the real life appearance of the game really is building hype.....

From a press cam with stadium lighting, cyberfaces like this and some decent animations, one could almost confuse this game for the real thing....
i agree, my wife and i was looking at these pictures last night and was trying to guess if any of these faces was actually a real picture and not game cyberface...it was pretty funny....they put alot of detail in these pictures , it would be nice if turns out to really look this way

# 3 pdreams @ 09/06/13 11:47 AM
The last Live I gave a chance was 2005 and I hated it, so I've bought 2K ever since. As much as I've loved 2k, I think that they have hit their limit with what they can do with current gen and it has been the same game pretty much since 2k11 when I think they perfected their craft. But with me switching to a new system (360 to PS4) I think it may be time for a new basketball experience this year as well since in my opinion I don't think this years 2k14 on next gen will be that much of a difference form current gen. But I'll wait until I see gameplay before I make a decision for sure.

# 4 thedream2k13 @ 09/06/13 11:52 AM
We need to see gameplay first and foremost but these pictures are nice

# 5 titans321 @ 09/06/13 11:55 AM
Why do the pictures on the right look better than the pictures on the left?

# 6 poloelite @ 09/06/13 12:07 PM
Those pictures look great, but can I see them on a player model while moving, during 5 on 5 gameplay?? It's getting dangerously close to release time and I'm worried about the game based on recent history. Even with the failed Live 13, we were able to see the nice presentation and outdated gameplay video by now. I'm hoping EA is planning some big media blitz for Live 14 (starting soon) that will make me pick up 2 NBA games on next gen.

# 7 juicey79 @ 09/06/13 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by titans321
That was my question it seems like the variations of the pictures seem to indicate hair growth and age.
That would be really cool to see players have a trim or clean cut every 3-4 games or maybe on televised games..this is nice but I want to see gameplay...the drawback with scans are other players aren't captured and the artist have to replicate the players who didn't get scanned...still nice to see nonetheless

# 8 scottyp180 @ 09/06/13 12:13 PM
Graphics look great but so didnt 2ks and they actually showed some ingame footage...2 months ago. Im not worried about graphics for either game, I know they will both be superb graphically. Im slightly concerned that ea has yet to show any type of 5 on 5 footage, and that 15 second traiker of kyrie dribbling the ball does not count. 2k didnt show much in their video but it was enough to demonstarte that the graphics and animations look great for the game. 2k also doesnt have as much to prove as live does. Id like to see sometype of gameplay trailer for live just to give us an idea of what to expect.

# 9 MarkWilliam @ 09/06/13 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
Those pictures look great, but can I see them on a player model while moving, during 5 on 5 gameplay?? It's getting dangerously close to release time and I'm worried about the game based on recent history. Even with the failed Live 13, we were able to see the nice presentation and outdated gameplay video by now. I'm hoping EA is planning some big media blitz for Live 14 (starting soon) that will make me pick up 2 NBA games on next gen.
I'm gonna say 99.9% chance of a Live release this year. Won't get cancelled.

They simply won't (and shouldn't) release too much too soon...... You show your hand at the end, not during (in this case, development).

Media will come out at the same time for both Live and 2K - late Sept.....

But I wish they would call a truce and both just start showing it all now!! Haha....

The variance of both cybers (right and left) is intriguing to me too...... all I could think of is that Live are making a couple of variances to emulate players not always looking EXACTLY the same for each game.... but that's a stretch..... I'm open to suggestions here.....

Either way, texture is fantastic..... very life like.

# 10 2_headedmonster @ 09/06/13 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by titans321
The right is clearly better, but oddly i'm not impressed, or should I say wowed. Looks good tho.

# 11 BigBuzz5 @ 09/06/13 12:36 PM
Need some gameplay

# 12 MarkWilliam @ 09/06/13 12:43 PM
Just for fun, which one? (Mind the quality - just for an idea).....

# 13 2_headedmonster @ 09/06/13 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
What about 2k's next gen info and realtime 5vs5. It's sickening how biased os is to 2k.

Is 5vs5 really going to change anyone's biased opinions? 90% of us have already made our decision on games that aren't even out yet and i doubt 5vs5 will change that.

Can't wait for all the nit picking and hate when they do release gameplay.
Well when you say you're going to do something and give yourself a deadline, people are going to hold you to it. thats the thing about deadlines.

# 14 Gramps91 @ 09/06/13 01:22 PM
These do look sweet but I'm still wanting some gameplay

# 15 StayPlation82 @ 09/06/13 01:29 PM
these photos look great. i'd hate to have my dome scanned for HD next gen rendering...talk about ugly!

# 16 Behindshadows @ 09/06/13 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayPlation82
these photos look great. i'd hate to have my dome scanned for HD next gen rendering...talk about ugly!
Don't worry they don't have a lens that big...lol...

Man where have you been? lol

I'll be online with you on this one...

# 17 HustlinOwl @ 09/06/13 01:42 PM
too bad Vasquez has been here in Sacramento since Free Agency, EA fail

# 18 StayPlation82 @ 09/06/13 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Don't worry they don't have a lens that big...lol...

Man where have you been? lol

I'll be online with you on this one...
lol, what up dude! waiting on this live info man!!

# 19 SageInfinite @ 09/06/13 02:36 PM
Face scans look pretty amazing. The wait is killing me to see these next gen sports games. The only one we've gotten a good look @ is FIFA. I think Live has me the most curious because I have NO IDEA what to expect. Can't wait to be overjoyed or laugh in disappointment.

# 20 grodbetatted @ 09/06/13 02:36 PM
I'm actually very impressed by this, if the animations actually look good with great control over your players I can see this game being mistaken for a real game

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.