Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Ronnie2K (New York Knicks) and LD2K (Los Angeles Lakers) played a full game of NBA 2K14 earlier today. If you missed the stream you can view it in the embedded video above, over at DmanUnt2014's YouTube page or click here to view it on Twitch. The game was played on Superstar/Sim.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 kahjah @ 09/06/13 07:19 PM
Super disappointed in the graphical fidelity, looks like the art team had to be spending its time on the next-gen version. If they've kept the gameplay bits the same I'll wait until that version comes out.

# 42 DboyRavage @ 09/06/13 07:20 PM
Nah it's not the whole animation plays through which makes it annoying.

# 43 Guapo516 @ 09/06/13 07:22 PM
Sound like they played this game in a card board box in the middle of manhattan lol. Looks kool definitely making it hard for to just wait for the next gen version. Kinda disappointed with some things they said, like I know some people have mastered 3 point shots of certain players to the point of it being cheesy, but I work the ball around and create good shots for players on my team. So when they say raining down 3s won't be as easy, does that mean its more difficult to shoot 3s or are they gonna make me miss just because?

# 44 ffaacc03 @ 09/06/13 07:22 PM
Players complaining to the refs should be related to players oncourt personality ... like the Rasheeds and Sanders of the NBA world doing it more frequent than others, also more lengthy (from player to player, from than others not likely, not from what the animations take now).

I do think that the animations that place a player on the floor due to a hit or contact should be tweaked to let them come up faster (maybe tie it to hustle), unless there is an injury (hopefully we get them back).

I liked what I saw for the most part, is evident the effort put on gameplay/animations side, it hopefully seems that some of the off things can be corrected with roster edits. This game aint no 2k13, on the court, then again, is also evident that it is a build up from that game and the graphics and presentation arent as distinct as we were used to.

# 45 CaCHooKa Man @ 09/06/13 07:50 PM
nice they fixed the colors of the court. thats the only reason i watched a few seconds of the video. im skipping current gen and going straight to next gen so i dont really need to see gameplay.

# 46 Eddie1967 @ 09/06/13 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
I like the gameplay, but kinda dissapointed by the presentation. It's exactly the same as last year, just some difference clips and colors. Same with the scoreboard, halftime show and teasers between the games: same as last year, just different graphics.

I'm guessing it's because next gen is gonna blow us away presentation-wise, that's why they don't want to do a full blown cool presentation on current gen. At least, that's what I would've done if I had the company
Maybe I'm slow but please tell us how you know for a fact that the presentation is the same as last year.

# 47 convince @ 09/06/13 08:11 PM
With this video and the lack of any real progress in association, i will def not be picking this year game up. Hopefully next gen is better but i just assume its a more polished current gen version. Wow watching the video and reading that article this looking more like 2k13.5

Sent from my Clear using Tapatalk 2

# 48 stillfeelme @ 09/06/13 08:15 PM
Gameplay was good besides the high field goal %. I hope that is a product of the build they were playing or just an odd ball game. I hope they didn't up the FG% to compensate for being able to block more shots this year.

# 49 Deck @ 09/06/13 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Kafe
Said you were overreacting on the number of contested shots you said you viewed in the video , not the fact of 2k hitting all the tough shots like they did in 2k13 . Shots a saw in the video that Were missed would have been made last year . Not only with that but the fact the wide open players were missing shots . I just didn't see that much cheese that some of you're stating
If you play 2k13 with sim sliders you will miss some open shots, an hell lot more than what we saw in the video, and when I say open I mean good position/no one near or even corner shots.

Again, if this was played in default I could be OK with most of the shots as long as they had all online modes on sim.

Sliders for 3pts on sim are set at 47, they must have screwed up the sliders in this build/were playing default, I just can't imagine 50 3pt if this was on 47...

# 50 GudStuffzz @ 09/06/13 08:47 PM
well that was underwhelming... I guess i'll pass on the ps3 version and just get the ps4 version sometime next year.

# 51 TheHypeMachine6 @ 09/06/13 08:56 PM
Anyone know if mike wang aka beluba is working on next gen? That guy is a damn genius

# 52 blues rocker @ 09/06/13 09:08 PM
looked good. looked like 2k13 with some tweaks and improvements, which is what i hoped/expected. overall, player movement seems quicker, more responsive, and more explosive. controlling players looks like it will feel better than ever.

# 53 Mholtz2j @ 09/06/13 09:26 PM
Maybe it's just the fact that we are 7-8 years into this console generation where it seems things are a bit stale.
Don't get me wrong the game does look really good, but maybe it's just a limitation of the hardware. Some animations looks slow to get into.
I'm wondering how much effort was put into the next gen version.
Also, games for the new systems have to be finished soon. I wonder if they are almost done with it?
I'm really excited to see what they have done with the new hardware and whether or not the next gen engine will be brought over to the PC right away.

# 54 arimamba @ 09/06/13 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Kafe
Ok in Real Life if you have a nice range you have just as good of a chance as anybody else.

Wes Johnson

http://youtu.be/XRJwlx0OVbM

Felton

http://youtu.be/0EfRzbJt7mo

i can do the same and show you videos of them missing ... you have no argument man

# 55 ron_bato @ 09/06/13 09:39 PM
Also I think Ld2k was stringing ronnie along towards the end of the game, so as to keep people's attention. I think that's why ronnie shot 13/21 in the second half or something. They def wanted to keep it close because ld2k was dominating. But ld2k had a decent FG percentage with around 51% I think. Mostly because kobe shot 9/13 or something, ronnie didn't really know how to defend kobe at all.

And I have to have a word with ronnie, he's got the knicks and he's jacking up shots with felton and bargnani instead of melo? For shame!

but yeah, the on ball defense looks good, except when the ride animation is going, sometimes the defender misses the player he's guarding as a result of moving towards one direction too much. Contact looks good, those collision animations look solid. Also, they should just take away the self-oop, too many times in a fast break situation I wanted to lob it up to someone else only to get the dang self-oop animation.

Blocking looks better, that chandler block at the beginning of the game looked good. And I also didn't like that shump went for a windmill in traffic. I still did see some lead passes going through to the paint, but at least it's not as frequent as before.

Overall it looks good, but like a few in this thread, I'm going next gen for 2k14.

# 56 arimamba @ 09/06/13 09:42 PM
wow i am really astonish at you guys defending this gameplay... you migh be basketball fans but i find it hard to believe that you have played basketball....

i agree for people lik RAY ALLEN NOVAK STEPH CURRY... you have to grab their arms if you want them to miss.... but we are talking about WESLEY JOHNSON..... i dont think i saw him play last year...... you know WESLEY JOHNSON.... come on.... and did farmar play last year too? i dont know!!! wow guys use your brain pls there is difference between lucky shot in BS shot...

# 57 Eddie1967 @ 09/06/13 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arimamba
wow i am really astonish at you guys defending this gameplay... you migh be basketball fans but i find it hard to believe that you have played basketball....

i agree for people lik RAY ALLEN NOVAK STEPH CURRY... you have to grab their arms if you want them to miss.... but we are talking about WESLEY JOHNSON..... i dont think i saw him play last year...... you know WESLEY JOHNSON.... come on.... and did farmar play last year too? i dont know!!! wow guys use your brain pls there is difference between lucky shot in BS shot...

Have you played the game yet?

# 58 Goffs @ 09/06/13 10:07 PM
hmm old man Kaman got up too quickly after being up ended like that. I would've used that in pain animation after a missed layup....you guys know the one....2k should've used better context for that one....

love seeing all that contact inside...can't wait to create my defensive center again!

# 59 moe242324 @ 09/06/13 10:09 PM
Im sorry, but the crowd reaction and player reaction to the game winner was terrible... I really hope this is addressed for next gen... I expect every person in the crowd with their hands up and jumping... and usually the bencb would be standing during final seconds.. with there hands on there heads after game winner... but all in all the crowd was terrible

# 60 AntiBandwagoner @ 09/06/13 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe242324
Im sorry, but the crowd reaction and player reaction to the game winner was terrible... I really hope this is addressed for next gen... I expect every person in the crowd with their hands up and jumping... and usually the bencb would be standing during final seconds.. with there hands on there heads after game winner... but all in all the crowd was terrible
I second this completely. The crowd seemed uninterested and showed no signs of improvement over recent years.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.