Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

The NBA 2K14 next-gen TV spot is live, with a new look at the next-generation of NBA 2K. The video shows off LeBron James in some insanely atmospheric lighting and then cuts to several gameplay sequences. A pretty exciting, although limited, look at the next generation of 2K basketball.

What did you think?

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 mrbigshot @ 09/30/13 03:22 PM
This is exactly why you pre-order your next gen system instead of the last second to avoid any inadvertent disappointment.

can't wait to play this on november 15th.

where are my ps4 brothers at?

# 82 blues rocker @ 09/30/13 03:23 PM
the lebron part looked better than the "in game" part...was that running on the same engine as the "in game" shots? they looked like they were different to me.

# 83 stillfeelme @ 09/30/13 03:24 PM
Mind blowing graphics
  • Players jaw drop after being beat(Ibaka) and brace for contact like breathing (Harden)
  • Emotion from players not involved in the play but contesting (Gasol, LeBron)
  • Lighting is on another level. I think we will finally get the arena specific lighting feel like Brooklyn stage feel
  • Only negative KD is too big that dude is extra skinny. They don't want to make him that skinny but he is skinnier than that model. Legs, Arms need to be skinnier

# 84 JasonMartin @ 09/30/13 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball444
Out of all the next gen games shown, 2k has the best graphics by far. This looks like they are way ahead of their time. Looks like 2nd or 3rd year next gen. Can you imagine 4 years down the road?
Have you seen Watchdogs for PS4?

I don't think so.

# 85 mreyes930 @ 09/30/13 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
the lebron part looked better than the "in game" part...was that running on the same engine as the "in game" shots? they looked like they were different to me.
I believe the Intro scene was CGI.

# 86 tsbmolina @ 09/30/13 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Footage is from an older build. Durant's model is absolutely perfect now. And I mean spot on. It's amazing how much more it feels like Durant with the new model.
Why must you do this to us Beluba? My head already was bursting with excitement from this trailer, now you made it explode with the thought of a proper representation of Durant! My God!

# 87 Sundown @ 09/30/13 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSWarriors9
Andrew Bogut's face look as real as it can possibly get. I'm getting current gen but I will definitely be getting this eventually. I just cant' wait another month for 2K haha
It definitely looks like him but the lighting seems a little harsh and cartoony. Seems like the case for all the white guys though.

I love they they went with his current look, except his hair and beard changes constantly through the season. Wish we could have biker handlebar mustache Bogut as an option.

# 88 mreyes930 @ 09/30/13 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbigshot
This is exactly why you pre-order your next gen system instead of the last second to avoid any inadvertent disappointment.

can't wait to play this on november 15th.

where are my ps4 brothers at?
We're right here, just getting the popcorn ready.

# 89 knick9 @ 09/30/13 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
I notice that they fixed Lebron's mouth size while screaming, which is something many had comments about....
It still comes off as odd though. I still think the Kyrie model looks and moves the best but it's hard to compare since they didn't show normal ball handling in this commercial.

# 90 jayman504 @ 09/30/13 03:26 PM
**QUICK** EVERYBODY go back and look at CG NBA2k14 doesn't it look like PS2 graphics now? LOL

# 91 juicey79 @ 09/30/13 03:27 PM
Wow, just Wow! Now that's a sizzle trailer...facial expressions are sick...now I'm def getting the next gen systems day 1.
Um Live what you got for us?

# 92 aholbert32 @ 09/30/13 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Totally looks like 2K's engine doesn't translate well to Next Gen.
Huh?...Please explain.

# 93 TemplateR @ 09/30/13 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
Have you seen Watchdogs for PS4?

I don't think so.
I think, that he means the best NextGen graphics in Sport games.

# 94 Panicshade @ 09/30/13 03:28 PM
Well it looks like I have to add another game to my PS4 launch day list. I have to go explain this to my wallet now.

# 95 The 504 Boy @ 09/30/13 03:28 PM
All I have to say is OMG!!! i was really looking forward to NBA Live but after seeing those sick graphics.....WOW. Did you see those player faces? They look dead on. It looks like EA is still gonna be behind 2K visually this gen. EA is in trouble and better answer back quick. they just lost a lot of momentum and it looks like EA will be behind 2k visually again this gen.

# 96 eko718 @ 09/30/13 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Footage is from an older build. Durant's model is absolutely perfect now. And I mean spot on. It's amazing how much more it feels like Durant with the new model.
Very good news. Thanks for that confirmation!

# 97 knick9 @ 09/30/13 03:29 PM
I need to play with next-gen Ewing, so if they have classic players and Live doesn't, the decision which to buy will probably be easy.

# 98 joeisup @ 09/30/13 03:29 PM
Damn ea u bettet have something good

# 99 Earl1963 @ 09/30/13 03:29 PM
I will check this game out, but to me it looks the same graphically as current gen.

# 100 aholbert32 @ 09/30/13 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
It definitely looks like him but the lighting seems a little harsh and cartoony. Seems like the case for all the white guys though.

I love they they went with his current look, except his hair and beard changes constantly through the season. Wish we could have biker handlebar mustache Bogut as an option.
I'm the same way. Assuming that next gen has all the features of current gen, I know I'll be playing only the next gen version come Nov. 15. I just cant wait 45 days to play baseketball so I'm still buying current gen.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.