Home
NHL 14 News Post

NHL 14 patch v.101 has been released today for 360 users and will be available for PS3 users at roughly 2:00 PM EST. See all of the details below.

Play a few games and let us know what you're seeing.

Gameplay Updates
  • Fixed an issue where the user would not receive a bonus for picking and holding a side at a faceoff if it was held too long. (This should address the issue of faceoff spamming)
  • Fixed issue where the user could press LB/L1 to instantly popup a player from being injured on the ice.
  • Fixed rare crash that could occur if the controller was pulled during a potential Left Stick hit.
  • Fixed issue where the user was unable to chop the puck using Alternate controls (will now work the same as NHL13).
  • Added the potential for tripping penalties to be called for players that trip an
  • opponent using the shot block.
  • Fixed a rare crash that occurred if the user scored a goal knocking the water bottle off the net at the same time a player was being called for goalie interference.
  • Added logic to break up fights if the user is holding opponent in the hold down state too long.
  • Fixed an issue where a disallowed goal would actually be awarded if a player from the team who scored touched the puck in the net.
Presentation and Graphics
  • Add a missing puck texture for the Wild Wings of the DEL.
  • Updated Ilya Kovalchuk main menu image with Martin Brodeur when favorite team is New Jersey Devils.
  • Updated *. Louis Blues 06-07 jerseys with proper art.
  • Updated the following player portraits with correct image: Matt Murphy (Halifax), David Moss (Phoenix), Brandon Archibald (Saginaw), Matt Halischuk (Winnipeg), Joel Armia (Ässat), Xavier Ouellet (Blainville), Kevin Porter (Buffalo), Danny Groulx (Chicago AHL)
Hockey Ultimate Team
  • Fixed a crash accepting a game invite from the Player HUB when accessed through HUT leaderboard or HUT Seasons leaderboard.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented users from redeeming the collection completion bonus for multiple teams unless they rebooted.
  • Fixed issue where Simulation Game Style was not properly being carried over into offline HUT games.
  • Fixed issue where the consumable level search filter only worked for the first page of results.
  • Fixed issue where some players were being tagged as retired preventing the user from advancing to gameplay with them.
  • Updated the art for common Gold player cards.
  • Added Bronze, Silver, and Gold levels for Logo, Jersey, and Head Coach cards.
  • Fixed an issue which allowed users to keep training items applied to their players indefinitely.
Be A GM
  • Fixed issue where RFA players would delay contract offer responses if they received a contract offer and then a qualifying offer.
  • Fixed an issue where the Scout returns from the wrong place after sending him out from the "I've been waiting a few days..." popup.
  • Updated Division names with New NHL names.
  • Tuning changes to how players are growing in the mode.
Live the Life
  • Fixed issue where the user was unable to change the simming penalty after creating a BAP save game.
  • Fixed issue where post game XP appeared to not be awarded to the user for completing coach’s tasks.
  • Fixed issue where the task for breaking a teammate out of a slump was not being unlocked.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when advancing on the calendar after the Memorial Cup around September 10th.
  • Fixed issue where Legend Milestone for scoring on you first shot of your first shift was not being awarded.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when loading a BAP save file after playing a split screen offline shootout game.
GM Connected
  • Fixed issue where wrong player is displayed on the contracts screen after the user buys out another player.
  • Fixed a rare crash that could occur when advancing to the trade player screen in leagues with a high number of users.
Online Team Play / EASHL
  • Fixed an issue where some users were unable to purchase +7 boost vouchers in the Hockey Shop if they had a large number of +3 boosts unlocked.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when attempting to view a Club Invite message from the HUT leaderboards.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur after a hit is thrown in a one on one practice session
  • Added the ability to turn game misconducts off for EASHL/OTP via tuner update. Player will still earn the 5 min major and then come out of the box.
Audio/Custom Music
  • Fixed Custom Music issue where the Off Play game event was not playing in game.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when the Home team won if the user had every Custom Music game event assigned with a playlist.

Game: NHL 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
NHL 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 patsfan188 @ 10/15/13 05:55 PM
have they fixed backup goalies playing more than starters?

# 22 garyjr33 @ 10/15/13 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speels
Well I just played a game in my already started season mode and the names of the divisions have been updated in that, so I would guess that the progression is fixed in existing BeaGMs.
I saw this too. The divisions are updated, which would make us believe that the player progression was updated too. But I am still unsure. I really hope it updated the progression as well.

# 23 javs @ 10/15/13 06:43 PM
Is the PS3 update available offline?

# 24 thedudedominick @ 10/15/13 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statnut
Wait, they are seriously removing misconducts from eashl? Who had that moronic idea?
I was so happy when I saw the amount of misconducts this year in the EASHL for guys doing stupid things. If they seriously turned them off I am extremely disappointed. Another time of EA listening to those people that complained because they kept getting ejected from games instead of telling them to stop boarding, charging, and interfering with players set up as goons.

# 25 BleacherCreature @ 10/15/13 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmindany
uptil I saw the check saying $6643, I did not believe ...that...my best friend was actualy taking home money part-time on their computer.. there great aunt has done this for only about twenty two months and resantly cleard the debts on their house and bought a great Renault 5. Visit This Link............ http://gg.gg/l1jf
Too bad they didn't let you borrow some money for English lessons so we could actually understand your spam.

# 26 jtott @ 10/15/13 09:07 PM
What about Faceoffs?? Faceoffs are SO much harder to win this year... I have practiced and practiced , but I'm stll getting out face offed 3-1 (18-6 , 21-7)... every game... sucks!

# 27 jyoung @ 10/15/13 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statnut
Wait, they are seriously removing misconducts from eashl? Who had that moronic idea?
If you read the official EA forums, there has been at least one new thread every day filled with people complaining that game misconducts shouldn't exist in a video game.

I say don't commit the crime if you don't want to do the time. But apparently I am in the minority.

# 28 RefMixture @ 10/15/13 10:17 PM
Off-Line BeaGM mode: Penalty frequency fixed or not? It would sure be nice to see more than 1 or power plays a game.

# 29 Cletus @ 10/15/13 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
If you read the official EA forums, there has been at least one new thread every day filled with people complaining that game misconducts shouldn't exist in a video game.

I say don't commit the crime if you don't want to do the time. But apparently I am in the minority.
If the game was better at determining what was a major penalty I'd have no issue with them being in. I've gotten 2 majors this week when I was just skating thanks to the left stick hitting. One I was skating into a crowd for puck support and EA unloaded on a guy for me. The other one was when I was skating to backcheck and I guess hit a cpu dman. I couldn't tell what was going on because I was off screen.

The puck bounces more on dump ins. I've also felt more of the psychic cpu play today. It also doesn't help that the cpu is freaking braindead puck support wise. If the other team dumps the puck in, expect the strong side winger to have a conversation/share a cigarette/ borrow a quarter for the gumball machine from the Center.

# 30 Cletus @ 10/15/13 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RefMixture
Off-Line BeaGM mode: Penalty frequency fixed or not? It would sure be nice to see more than 1 or power plays a game.
I just had a game where both teams had 5 power plays on default hardcore sim. I think pims were 30 and 24. Maybe you have to play with default settings to get penalties.

# 31 DaRK @ 10/15/13 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRK
good job ea

still haven't fixed the resign glitch in be a gm, no big deal!
My mistake, this was actually patched. Should probably add this to the OP.

# 32 statnut @ 10/16/13 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
If the game was better at determining what was a major penalty I'd have no issue with them being in. I've gotten 2 majors this week when I was just skating thanks to the left stick hitting. One I was skating into a crowd for puck support and EA unloaded on a guy for me. The other one was when I was skating to backcheck and I guess hit a cpu dman. I couldn't tell what was going on because I was off screen.

The puck bounces more on dump ins. I've also felt more of the psychic cpu play today. It also doesn't help that the cpu is freaking braindead puck support wise. If the other team dumps the puck in, expect the strong side winger to have a conversation/share a cigarette/ borrow a quarter for the gumball machine from the Center.
I got a major for Interference for hitting a guy who just got rid of the puck. I'd still rather have game misconducts in and get thrown out occasionally on a bad call then let goon who do nothing but check from behind/plastering people into the glass stay in the game.

# 33 CanuckJ @ 10/16/13 08:19 AM
Obviously I installed the patch when I played yesterday. I put my custom tunes into the offplay folder now that it's patched and I changed out my intermission music because I had set it the same as the offplay. So intermission comes during my 1st game and...no music. I figure its the music or something, so finish game 1 and change out the intermission tunes to the games default music, intermission comes in game 2 and....no music. Anybody else having this issue?

# 34 GlennN @ 10/16/13 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtott
What about Faceoffs?? Faceoffs are SO much harder to win this year... I have practiced and practiced , but I'm stll getting out face offed 3-1 (18-6 , 21-7)... every game... sucks!
I agree completely. And the slider doesn't help at all. I have the slider completely empty, and I still lose 90% of the draws. Ratings have to come into play - my faceoff guys aren't that bad. Just because I suck, doesn't mean they should (especially if I turn the slider way down). I even put the slider all the way the other way, just to test if it was backwards, but same result. Slider had no effect at all.

# 35 Qb @ 10/16/13 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
what sucks is now, all majors are just that. no game misconducts now in EASHL/OTP games!

terrible..

they had a pretty good balance of BOTH last few years, now its either one or the other.

now idiots can just keep getting 5 min majors and not be thrown out. bah! vintage EA NHL!
Oh, I didn't realize they removed it for all majors. If they're going to use NHL rules for the EASHL, checking from behind should be 5 and an automatic ejection. Boarding, charging, elbowing, and interference can be either 2 or 5 minutes, but should not result in automatic ejection (per NHL rules linked in my previous post). An unaccounted for variable is the recent addition of majors+misconducts for checks to the head, but the game doesn't recognize that, although elbowing majors w/ejection more or less serve the same purpose.

A key rule to prevent repeated idiocy is that 3 majors in a game results in automatic ejection. This covers people who want to fight all game, as well as someone looking to run people all game, especially with auto-fights in response to big/dirty hits. However, I don't think this is implemented in 14, despite having been there in the past.

# 36 Schmackity @ 10/16/13 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Oh, I didn't realize they removed it for all majors. If they're going to use NHL rules for the EASHL, checking from behind should be 5 and an automatic ejection. Boarding, charging, elbowing, and interference can be either 2 or 5 minutes, but should not result in automatic ejection (per NHL rules linked in my previous post). An unaccounted for variable is the recent addition of majors+misconducts for checks to the head, but the game doesn't recognize that, although elbowing majors w/ejection more or less serve the same purpose.

A key rule to prevent repeated idiocy is that 3 majors in a game results in automatic ejection. This covers people who want to fight all game, as well as someone looking to run people all game, especially with auto-fights in response to big/dirty hits. However, I don't think this is implemented in 14, despite having been there in the past.
The issue people probably had with majors is that EVERYONE online just goes around hitting people instead of actually playing defense on someone. So when you have a ton of 10yr old kids just going around with 6'9" players hitting people, they're going to complain. I agree that if you don't want to get kicked, don't go just for hits.

Again, they need to make it that the bigger you make your guy the less attribute points you get so that, yeah you can be a giant and wreck people but you won't be able to have speed or anything else. The problem is EA developed a broken system and now they're letting the moronic arcade people make their decisions for them and getting more and more away from real hockey.

# 37 javs @ 10/16/13 10:54 AM
Is there any way to download this? Anyone have a link?

# 38 Garism @ 10/16/13 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by javs
Is there any way to download this? Anyone have a link?
Forces you to download it once you turn on the game.

# 39 javs @ 10/16/13 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garism
Forces you to download it once you turn on the game.
I cannot currently connect to the internet with my PS3...

# 40 Gagnon39 @ 10/16/13 02:15 PM
So.... backup goalies still play 50% of the games. SWEET!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.