Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports today revealed the initial soundtrack for NBA Live 14. Thanks to MICK, mixtape DJ extraordinaire and Brooklyn’s own, the game will have over 30 custom mixtape bumpers that play in between tracks to allow for a seamless listening experience.

The order of the music will be random, giving the sound of the game a certain freshness. You will also be able to customize the soundtrack for each game mode as well.

Also, music will be updated post-launch with tracks selected by MICK -- so you'll regularly hear new songs playing within the game throughout the NBA season.

What do you think of the track list and the unique approach to the Live 14 soundtrack?

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 NoTiCe_O @ 11/05/13 06:52 PM
Honestly I really like what EA is doing with the updates, it's not just the rosters anymore but the music, the accessories, the challenges, the dribble moves, the A.I, and I think I they're even updating the hairstyles too. Nice.

# 2 coolcras7 @ 11/05/13 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Honestly I really like what EA is doing with the updates, it's not just the rosters anymore but the music, the accessories, the challenges, the dribble moves, the A.I, and I think I they're even updating the hairstyles too. Nice.
Dude did you just make up most of your statement, we have not even seen 5 on 5 gameplay and you are making it sound like EA just created the greatest basketball experience is the history of basketball game.

# 3 grodbetatted @ 11/05/13 08:09 PM
Nah the nba live team actually did say everything that he said will be updated throughout the season I'm not sure if it will work as advertised but we will see

# 4 Dr. Banner @ 11/05/13 08:12 PM
Pretty good list.

# 5 theeman @ 11/05/13 08:14 PM
It seems they are showing everything but actual gameplay. Disturbing sign if you are actually thinking of picking up the game. The only vids they seem to show are highlight of the bounce tek. I wouldn't be surprised if the dribbling turns out to be the best part of the game.

# 6 mrprice33 @ 11/05/13 08:14 PM
Dubstep is such a great song.

# 7 o Elevate o @ 11/05/13 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Dude did you just make up most of your statement, we have not even seen 5 on 5 gameplay and you are making it sound like EA just created the greatest basketball experience is the history of basketball game.
Is there some sort of law against having your own opinion around here?

All he said was that he likes how Live is looking to go about updating the game throughout the year.

I don't get why 2K fans have to come over here and try to rain on people's parade CONSTANTLY. If he wants to be excited, then let him be.

# 8 coolcras7 @ 11/05/13 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o Elevate o
Is there some sort of law against having your own opinion around here?

All he said was that he likes how Live is looking to go about updating the game throughout the year.

I don't get why 2K fans have to come over here and try to rain on people's parade CONSTANTLY. If he wants to be excited, then let him be.
I am a basketball fan not a 2k fan or a EA fan, EA has not released a game since 2010 so excuse me if i need more than gimmicks at this phase of the game. Updating music, accessories, hair all sounds nice on paper but it all comes second to the actual sport of basketball.

# 9 juicey79 @ 11/05/13 08:32 PM
http://gamesided.com/2013/11/05/nba-live-14-new-screenshots/

New NBA Live info...no video though :-(

# 10 z.arthur23 @ 11/05/13 09:00 PM
The verdict is still out on the actual gameplay, but I'm a very big fan of this soundtrack.

# 11 bballshawn24 @ 11/05/13 09:10 PM
awesome soundtrack, kid ink and logic! But they shouldve put royals for lorde

# 12 ccoaxum @ 11/05/13 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey79
http://gamesided.com/2013/11/05/nba-live-14-new-screenshots/

New NBA Live info...no video though :-(
That's not new info at all...that site just posted that old screen shots and bashed live while doing so..smh...live only posted their soundtrack today

# 13 theredfish757 @ 11/05/13 09:26 PM
These must be all Hip-Hop artist because I have never heard of any of them. Not a deal breaker but they are keeping a tight lid on any in-depth info on game modes and actual 5 on 5 gameplay. I think having competition in basketball video games are great. The issue is that 2K seems to be so far ahead of Live. Im a huge MyCareer fan and what 2K is doing with that and MyGM is insane. Here is to good competition.

# 14 Jano @ 11/05/13 09:38 PM
I like the idea of updating the soundtrack as the year progresses pretty cool.

# 15 franch1se @ 11/05/13 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredfish757
These must be all Hip-Hop artist because I have never heard of any of them. Not a deal breaker but they are keeping a tight lid on any in-depth info on game modes and actual 5 on 5 gameplay. I think having competition in basketball video games are great. The issue is that 2K seems to be so far ahead of Live. Im a huge MyCareer fan and what 2K is doing with that and MyGM is insane. Here is to good competition.
It's a lot of EDM music and hip hop

# 16 bballshawn24 @ 11/05/13 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredfish757
its like 75% hip-hop, i dont have a problem tho lol

# 17 grodbetatted @ 11/05/13 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
It's a lot of EDM music and hip hop
Idk if you agree but I think hip hop and basketball just translate so well with each other

# 18 JDrew8 @ 11/05/13 10:49 PM
I like this idea but most of these 1st songs are wack in my opinion. They need to get rid of the typical Southern infuenced rap trash. On the bright side, they should keep adding more lyrical rappers like Joey Bad4$$ and Danny Brown. Basketball is more connected to real hip hop with lyrics & meaning, not ignorant club music.

# 19 LionsFanNJ @ 11/05/13 11:24 PM
Asketball and hip hop go together like hockey and metal go together. Like I would expect live to have a heavy hiphop soundtrack and NHL to have lots of metal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

# 20 Escobeats @ 11/05/13 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrew8
I like this idea but most of these 1st songs are wack in my opinion. They need to get rid of the typical Southern infuenced rap trash. On the bright side, they should keep adding more lyrical rappers like Joey Bad4$$ and Danny Brown. Basketball is more connected to real hip hop with lyrics & meaning, not ignorant club music.
Decent tracklist.

Just because you might not like them doesn't mean others wont infact I like ignorant music and I aint gonna lie just for the fact that it provides energy, build-ups to the game. Also would've been nice to see more 'NON hip-hop' songs on here to provide more variety to the soundtrack, 2K13 had me muting my TV because there was nothing unique and all very bland/boring after a while.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.