Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Check out the latest NBA 2K14 PS4 video, featuring the New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets, courtesy of @Weezyy_F_Baby and @thugmentality1.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Goffs @ 11/10/13 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
I think he meant roster update as opposed to patch. At least I hope so.
Yeah...just realized what I wrote....wtf does head scanning got to do with body types....

Got me thinking though....if the body type of Rose has to be addressed via patch...does this mean we can't edit the body type of the players we have issues with?

Bug see if you can edit players!

# 82 ccoaxum @ 11/10/13 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
KG doesn't look bad

Would you guys prefer everybody is huge and looking like they're on steroids?
well we being playing with guys on steroids for the past years on cg! lol but naw just needs a little adjustment

# 83 Goffs @ 11/10/13 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
well we being playing with guys on steroids for the past years on cg! lol but naw just needs a little adjustment
KG just needs his head shrunk just a bit....I noticed from early Miami gameplay vids that Bosh suffered from giantheadism as well but it looks like they fixed it from the current vids.

# 84 MarkWilliam @ 11/10/13 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Its just that particular jersey that doesn't have the names.
Ok thanks for clearing up...

# 85 Sundown @ 11/10/13 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
KG just needs his head shrunk just a bit....I noticed from early Miami gameplay vids that Bosh suffered from giantheadism as well but it looks like they fixed it from the current vids.
His head looks big even in broadcast. This giant black orb dominating the screen as it moves to and fro. It just draws your eye.

Maybe they're just in Big Head Mode.

# 86 Teddy_Long @ 11/10/13 12:51 AM
what's with all the players bodies being so thin? they are ridiculous thin. carmelo has never been that thin, ever lol

# 87 23 @ 11/10/13 12:51 AM
We'll see man... dont want them beefing the models back up but the trailers didnt look like this when it was direct capture is what im getting at.

# 88 Sundown @ 11/10/13 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
We'll see man... dont want them beefing the models back up but the trailers didnt look like this when it was direct capture is what im getting at.
The later ones did, but the first full trailer (and the first teaser) didn't (because it had slices of previous builds). That's why Rose looked fine but looks emaciated now. The most recent and raw gameplay videos from various sources has that same look for several players.

# 89 23 @ 11/10/13 01:14 AM
...if that patch is fixing rose it might fix others that may need it. Rose was the only one people asked about, so honestly I really dont know lol.

IMO the jersey's were the biggest issues first because they were puffed out no matter how skinny the models were, then it was the matter of the legs and limbs not being long enough or too fat in areas

# 90 theycallmeZZ @ 11/10/13 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug
Yes I am what would u like to see
Would love to see the Raptors!

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

# 91 hesko @ 11/10/13 02:12 AM
cant wait to see the cap mode and packages!

# 92 Geolink @ 11/10/13 03:36 AM
Broadcast cam is the way to go for next-gen.

# 93 TerminallyOdd @ 11/10/13 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Didn't KG's head look fine in the 'halftime interviews video'? Unless those player models aren't the exact same build as the gameplay ones..
Ridiculous theory, but could it be that the video isn't shot exactly straight on? It's pointed downwards at the TV, so could the video be distorting/enlargening things up toward the top of the screen (i.e. the players' heads)?

# 94 bumpyface @ 11/10/13 06:39 AM
Exaggerated offensive rebounds. Can somebody explain to me what a port is?

# 95 PJBrownHeat @ 11/10/13 07:38 AM
Only 11 pages for this thread lol
It is a sign that a lot of people are not really enjoyed by this video.

It really reminds me 2k9 for the size court small paint big players.

Lol

# 96 mango_prom @ 11/10/13 07:41 AM
1:20...completely broken play causing the CPU players to stand around doing nothing before the late shotclock drive gets triggered. On the following Knicks possession, you see Chandler attempting an underhand layup off a spin against two defenders from outside the paint. Looks a lot like the same old current gen problems to me. Apparently they've reused all the current gen animations and the crappy playbooks, too. Graphics are nice though.

# 97 Vni @ 11/10/13 07:45 AM
As the games get closer and closer to reality graphically wise, game flaws (IA, terrible tendencies/ratings, broken plays, bad animations, morphing etc etc) will become more and more apparant.

AI doesn't seem really different from theses gameplays videos.

# 98 mango_prom @ 11/10/13 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
As the games get closer and closer to reality graphically wise, game flaws (IA, terrible tendencies/ratings, broken plays, bad animations, morphing etc etc) will become more and more apparant.

AI doesn't seem really different from theses gameplays videos.
Agree. Graphically, this game looks pretty awesome, and the haltime interviews are a very nice idea. But presentation aside...if you'd scale the graphics down a bit, how exactly would this game look different from current gen regarding what's happening on the court? Strictly talking about player behavior and game flow now...am I just too dumb to notice all the differences? What am I missing? Looks like current gen with better graphics and slightly better footplanting to me. The ecomotion thing was already advertised for 2k13 as "dynamic shot generator", so what's the big deal?

# 99 Vni @ 11/10/13 08:08 AM
While I'am not particulary hyped for it, I think 2K14 next gen does improve enough to not be called a port.

It is still 2K14 after all and not 2K15.

# 100 mango_prom @ 11/10/13 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
While I'am not particulary hyped for it, I think 2K14 next gen does improve enough to not be called a port.

It is still 2K14 after all and not 2K15.
True. I'd say it depends on your preferences. For some, the changes feel huge, while others won't be too hyped. We'll see, the first true benchmark for both EA and 2k will be next year's versions in my opinion. I don't expect too much from the first next gen tries anyway.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.