Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Check out the latest NBA 2K14 PS4 video, featuring the New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets, courtesy of @Weezyy_F_Baby and @thugmentality1.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 hawley088 @ 11/10/13 02:49 PM
These videos from the actual finished retail version of the game?

# 122 mobidick @ 11/10/13 02:51 PM
sadly, Yes

# 123 YouCantGuardMe @ 11/10/13 03:48 PM
Like dre12 said, my best guess is the game on the disc is an early build that they had to put out early for print and production. There's a good chance that the game was still being refined as discs were being produced. Which will be available via a patch.

I say this because all these gameplay videos and other clips like the momentous or eco-motion trailer all have varying model sizes. Garnett's head looks much more proportionate in the real voice trailer than in here.

Also are the Knicks rocking a 50's retro jersey here?

# 124 eko718 @ 11/10/13 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
But they all look like something is wrong between their neck and upper chest area.
The shoulders are too slim for many of these guys. I'm glad that Derrick Rose has been adjusted and hopefully they correct many of these other models as well, because that simply is not how many of these guys look. Chris Paul is another guy who is way to slim(Allstar vid).

# 125 JadedMrSoy @ 11/10/13 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
Wow this is a tough to please forum
This is exactly how it should be. Fans of video games shouldn't just accept what the Devs give them, they should always be pointing out the flaws of a game so that it can be fixed or improved on so that we can get the best experience possible. Some people, especially on this board seem to think that if you say anything bad at all about the 2k series that you're just trolling or a *****. We all want the best basketball game possible so criticism shouldn't be so frowned upon.

# 126 Eman5805 @ 11/10/13 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
You're missing the point. I'm not talking about "perfection", but flaws in game logic and the animation system that have been there for years. What Chandler is doing in the vid isn't some amazing try by 2k to emulate less skilled post players, but simply a bad canned animation that triggers way too often on current gen. Just like big men setting screens in predefined spots instead of being aware of the situation is an AI problem and not an attempt to simulate real life mistakes. Player attributes and tendencies don't matter for these situations, it's simply an engine issue.

I agree that the CPU shouldn't be perfect. But what I'm seeing in the video are simply flaws that aren't new to 2k games.
No. I didn't miss your point at all. I mostly wondering aloud, kind of, about how much error is enough error because your post happened to raise that particular issue to my attention.

# 127 Victory23 @ 11/10/13 04:49 PM
Game looks great, seems like they used current gen as a foundation and ironed out most of the flaws.

Only problem is Brook Lopez looks...odd. He doesn't look as high fidelity as most of the other players, like his face doesn't have the right texture.

# 128 shmitty @ 11/10/13 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
As the games get closer and closer to reality graphically wise, game flaws (IA, terrible tendencies/ratings, broken plays, bad animations, morphing etc etc) will become more and more apparant.

AI doesn't seem really different from theses gameplays videos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf
looks as hectic as ever players running all over the floor & poor spacing. Really thought next gen would be a significant improvement in key areas 2k has struggled with the last couple of years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwabalicious
Too many post entry passes from the top of the key
My thoughts exactly.

This game is pretty much the main reason why Im getting a ps4. Starting to have second thoughts.

# 129 Timmay @ 11/10/13 05:04 PM
Looks like the AI still run around like their heads are chopped off

# 130 mango_prom @ 11/10/13 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
No. I didn't miss your point at all. I mostly wondering aloud, kind of, about how much error is enough error because your post happened to raise that particular issue to my attention.
I think it's hard for developers to balance this out, especially regarding to user control vs. error frequency. If you'd really try to "simulate" basketball, most online games would have like 50 turnovers on both sides with many of them actually being unforced and simply due to AND1 moves causing players to lose the ball without the defender having to do anything. Now it's a videogame, and people don't want that, which is understandable.

Talking about AI, I don't think stuff is advanced enough right now to really put emphasis on the issues you've mentioned. I mean you can only artificially dumb CPU controlled players down from the level you're actually able to get them to in the first place. And that's far from perfect right now. Difficulty levels right now are essentially global attribute boosts and different reaction windows for triggering certain animations. But not "smarter" opponents. So I'd say there's a lot of improvement needed before the issue of having the AI make realistic mistakes becomes that important. Playbooks, lack of freelance movement and the inability of the AI to really use the changed momentum shot system cause more than enough "mistakes" right now if you ask me.

# 131 Sundown @ 11/10/13 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
I definitely wasn't trying to stir the pot with my comment on the player models.

I think the player models are fine. In fact, I like the skinny looking bigs. I hope they leave them the way they are. Even Derrick Rose. Why is he being patched? The guy is slender. Leave him alone.

I should've been clearer. The models look like they have protruding collarbones or something. They just look off in that area. I don't know if it's the hang of the jerseys on them or what.

But they all look like something is wrong between their neck and upper chest area.
Well, I think their arms could be adjusted but I also see what you're saying about the shoulders. It's very square and kind of shrugged upwards for many players-- everyone kind of looks like Tayshaun Prince. It's not terrible but it's a little odd.

# 132 Teddy_Long @ 11/10/13 06:35 PM
it seems they have no clue that players thin does not mean no shoulders....

anthony davis is the best example..... thin, but has very broad shoulders

# 133 BluFu @ 11/10/13 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miller31time
If 2K retooled signature shots for 2K15, I'd pre-order the game right now. I really hate controlling some of the NBA's star players like Deron Williams and Joe Johnson, Chris Paul, etc, and seeing them shoot nothing like they do in real life.

LeBron's shot looks great, though. I realize that's because he was mo-capped but even players' sig shots who don't get a mo-cap session I believe could be a lot better.
bad sig shots are even more noticeable with the lifelike graphics.

# 134 bxphenom7 @ 11/10/13 08:42 PM
anyone else think melo's a bit skinny?

# 135 loso_34 @ 11/10/13 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
bad sig shots are even more noticeable with the lifelike graphics.
Thing is guys like chris paul were mo capped years ago. If he was still on the horntes you'd see his real jump shot as they did have it down.

It wasnt until he became a clipper they gave him that generic **** so everybody could shoot wit him.

# 136 ccoaxum @ 11/10/13 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
You're missing the point. I'm not talking about "perfection", but flaws in game logic and the animation system that have been there for years. What Chandler is doing in the vid isn't some amazing try by 2k to emulate less skilled post players, but simply a bad canned animation that triggers way too often on current gen. Just like big men setting screens in predefined spots instead of being aware of the situation is an AI problem and not an attempt to simulate real life mistakes. Player attributes and tendencies don't matter for these situations, it's simply an engine issue.

I agree that the CPU shouldn't be perfect. But what I'm seeing in the video are simply flaws that aren't new to 2k games.
i agree which is why i'm not happy with the gameplay...the graphics however is good..

# 137 ccoaxum @ 11/10/13 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobidick
WHERE IS NEW ENGINE?
guess I saw thread Beluba saying "there is no skate sliding sh!t in new gen!"
It just looks like same sh!t from NBA2k14(aka NBA2k13 cuz they are basically just same sh!t) and even worse(****ty player's face and body type)
really disappointing move from 2k games!
just this game sucks worse and worse.
I just decided that I never buy this sh1t again ever.
lol not sure if you was serious but i know i'm done with this game

# 138 ccoaxum @ 11/10/13 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Well this escalated quickly.

We all couldn't praise 2K enough when we were seeing videos of cut scenes, etc. But now that gameplay vids have come out, it's a whole different story. The player models don't even look the same. Were we fooled or something? I don't get it..
lol i had a feeling that was going to happen..when i saw how good the graphics was when they first showed it..i thought they would focus more on gameplay not the graphics but they did the oppositie smh

# 139 ccoaxum @ 11/10/13 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
anyone else think melo's a bit skinny?
yea i belive he is too skinny and it hurts look at him..

# 140 RangersCruz @ 11/10/13 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MANARMY
I guess the rebounding is still the same .
SMH
3 offensive rebounds on the first 2 possesions . lol

I hope the passing is improved .
You can tell so much about the rebounding in 1-2min clips WOW ..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.