Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports posted up a new video of the opening scene of the revamped MyCAREER mode. If you can't see the video above, check it out on YouTube.

Video Description: MyCAREER in NBA 2K14 on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is a revolutionary new experience driven by hundreds of interactive scenes, both on and off the court. Watch the mode's opening scene right here. Where will MyCAREER take you this year? Only one way to find out.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Goffs @ 11/11/13 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
When can we get an option of voices? I hate my white my player sounding like a black guy! Come on 2k you've thought of everything else..... Let's get that fixed.
LOL I like making MyPlayer from overseas! It's even WORSE! I know its next gen if they can't provide different voices I would rather have MyPlayer as mute....I don't mind reading what he says....just as long I don't have to hear him....

# 22 LingeringRegime @ 11/11/13 08:53 PM
I am so ready for this game. So ****ing ready.

# 23 jp7588 @ 11/11/13 09:15 PM
There's never going to be a bunch of different voices for a cinematic myplayer mode. That would be logistically ridiculous.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

# 24 Khaos_Kiwi @ 11/11/13 09:24 PM

Does anyone know if the commentators will say the player's name (if selected from the list)? As in 2k13 they would only say the nick-name.

# 25 Optik @ 11/11/13 09:41 PM
Apparently, the voice actor is white...

# 26 Khaos_Kiwi @ 11/11/13 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik

No way....

# 27 LakerPride @ 11/11/13 09:46 PM
Is it me or does Ellis look kind of big for a 6'4 205 guard?

# 28 dre2 @ 11/11/13 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
A Pizza Hut and a Taco Bell...together you say? Bull***t!

# 29 Optik @ 11/11/13 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos_Kiwi

No way....
IMDB profile (Says Press Conference in NBA 2K11)

Twitter (His description says that he's a voice actor)

Check the top comments on the video.

A tweet and pic from him suggesting his association with 2K:
#2KSports brings that heat! #HotSauce http://t.co/szjygKVDh4
— Mark Middleton (@LesMizzle) May 10, 2013

# 30 Dmanning2 @ 11/11/13 09:50 PM
That a obvious black mans voice LOL

# 31 Optik @ 11/11/13 09:56 PM
Yet another tweet about 2K strongly suggesting he works with staff there:
The level of #hustle and #workethic I'm seeing from cast and crew at #2KSports is ridiculous #inspired #humbled and #hungry
— Mark Middleton (@LesMizzle) May 1, 2013
EDIT: And yet another, with a link to a YouTube video even created by him (Mark Middleton)
#myplayer and #mycareer #compilation #video http://t.co/6xFvHdIA #NBAK11 #NGA2K12 #NBA2K13 #NBA2K14 #2kSports #hustletilithurts
— Mark Middleton (@LesMizzle) January 16, 2013

# 32 MarvinOida @ 11/11/13 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos_Kiwi

Does anyone know if the commentators will say the player's name (if selected from the list)? As in 2k13 they would only say the nick-name.
It is possible. Actually it was 2K12, but I had them say "David Robinson,"

Looking at the Draft names for PC via Leftos' Audio editor, I've found there's 2187 files ranging from "Coleman" to "White" (very first name to very last) using Sterns and Slivers Voice, 2 per name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 33 johanan anneus @ 11/11/13 10:04 PM
Only thing black about this picture is the black and white effect

# 34 Khaos_Kiwi @ 11/11/13 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
It is possible. Actually it was 2K12, but I had them say "David Robinson,"

Looking at the Draft names for PC via Leftos' Audio editor, I've found there's 2187 files ranging from "Coleman" to "White" (very first name to very last) using Sterns and Slivers Voice, 2 per name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I knew you could do it in 2k12, but they removed it in 2k13 for some reason.

Hopefully we can have this feature back in next gen 2k14

# 35 RangersCruz @ 11/11/13 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
That's Chris Mannings face in the game. (LD2K)
I was hoping to see a actual created player that we're going to have options of smh

# 36 theredfish757 @ 11/11/13 10:09 PM
It would be possible to change the voice by pitch even if its pre recorded. A simple algorithm in the game using sound editing capabilities. Please look into this 2K. In Tiger Woods Pga Tour you could change the pitch of your voice. I think that would please a lot of people.

# 37 RangersCruz @ 11/11/13 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
LOL I like making MyPlayer from overseas! It's even WORSE! I know its next gen if they can't provide different voices I would rather have MyPlayer as mute....I don't mind reading what he says....just as long I don't have to hear him....
Last thing they should do if they did put it as a option

Going especially into next gen subtitles should never be the main thing

# 38 Khaos_Kiwi @ 11/11/13 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredfish757
It would be possible to change the voice by pitch even if its pre recorded. A simple algorithm in the game using sound editing capabilities. Please look into this 2K. In Tiger Woods Pga Tour you could change the pitch of your voice. I think that would please a lot of people.
Yeah at least this way they wouldn't need to record any more voice work.

# 39 RangersCruz @ 11/11/13 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Afro_Boy
That a obvious black mans voice LOL
Ever heard of DJ Vlad? watch his interviews

# 40 RangersCruz @ 11/11/13 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmafia13
So is CAP going to be like madden in that you pick from pre rendered faces? Can't say I'm a big fan of that as many rookies may look the same.
Yeah Czar already said it is in one of those next gen threads

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.