Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

IGN has posted the first NBA 2K14 next-gen review, giving it an 8.9 out of 10. In The Park, players can take their MyCAREER player into 2-on-2 half-court, 3-on-3 three-quarter-court, or 5-on-5 full-court games, unfortunately there is no sign of CREW or leagues within the mode.

They mention the MyCAREER voice acting is kind of cheesy, especially considering your player will have audio included, but the people you talk to mostly have subtitles.

In the video review, it looks like warm-ups are confirmed to be back in (for those of you worried about that from earlier videos), the graphics and animations are jaw-dropping, complete with native 1080p and 60 FPS.

Ronnie2K and LD2K will be streaming next-gen NBA 2K14 at 4:00 PM PST today, so we should be able to see and hear even more. For those that are curious, the OS review will be up a week or so after we receive the game. Nobody on staff will have a PlayStation 4 until the 15th.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 yungflo @ 11/12/13 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Lol the same people always on these forums love to nitpick 2k

Are they perfect? no ..nobody is
I don't think its nitpicking. nitpicking is slamming a game for the wrong jersey neck. n my opinion, I'm merely suggesting things that can add to the experience. Will trash can rim sound stop me from getting the game? of course not. Would I like it gone? yes. Its so funny that people think 2k is above criticism. That's the funny thing

# 102 tsbmolina @ 11/12/13 01:13 AM
I can't get enough.

# 103 yungflo @ 11/12/13 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
Do you actually know the English language?

Serious question.
No. I was born in a different Country.

Serious Reply.

# 104 Supersonic_BR @ 11/12/13 01:14 AM
Does anyone know if we'll be able to tone down on the court reflections? seriously, playing on the my career camera with this appears to be terrible.

# 105 eko718 @ 11/12/13 01:14 AM
I like what I saw. Some players look better in this vid in regard to bodytypes versus the other ones out there. I see Rose is fixed. Flow of the game is as expected which is good... The Park looks very promising. Only lame thing, MyCareer mode where guys are speaking to you and not moving their mouths. Interesting oversight. Besides that, I like.

# 106 YouCantGuardMe @ 11/12/13 01:15 AM
Yay! Looks like IGN got hold of the patched build. So the patch pretty much fixes all the player model issues.

# 107 sportzbro @ 11/12/13 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
That's definitely not true and that's going to be apart of what I have to say because it affects jumpers too.
In a few off-screen vids I've seen, lay-ups definitely have that noise & it's been like this for awhile... Not to nit-pick, but since you brought up the rim noise/noise in general it needed to be pointed out.

(No idea why embedding isn't working)

http://youtu.be/awd9eKwB5kM?t=1m10s

# 108 Supersonic_BR @ 11/12/13 01:16 AM
Oh, and reflections aside this is easily the most gorgeous sports game of all time, the amount of detail in AMAZING.

# 109 yungflo @ 11/12/13 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
Makes me realize/understand why certain things weren't shown; namely gameplay.

Not necessarily a bad thing since we're moving into the next generation of consoles. But if we're in the same boat practically begging for 5-on-5 gameplay next year, with no in-depth Dev Insights, it'll be pretty disappointing.

Not here to nitpick, but both the "nitpickers" and "yes men" have good points.
Like I said, its ok to be slightly disappointed. When LBJ didn't win rings, people were disappointed, not because he sucks, but people expect and demand greatness out of him even if its sometime unrealistic. That's the same with 2k. People expect greatness out the gate, its still great but its even scarier that they can get better.

# 110 RangersCruz @ 11/12/13 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
Honestly how much more different could it have been. We got better graphics, better movement, more in depth modes, I mean it sounds incredible to me.
I don't see why people thought the 1st yr would be a huge boost gameplay wise

# 111 Melbournelad @ 11/12/13 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
I can't get enough.
2k has their player models spot on, Bosh looks like one creepy dinosaur in that picture.

# 112 YouCantGuardMe @ 11/12/13 01:18 AM
I dunno if someone has already said this but I think having a '2K15 Priority List' would help letting the devs know what we really want to changed or improved.

Crowd atmosphere leads the race imo.

# 113 23 @ 11/12/13 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzbro
In a few off-screen vids I've seen, lay-ups definitely have that noise & it's been like this for awhile... Not to nit-pick, but since you brought up the rim noise/noise in general it needed to be pointed out.

(No idea why embedding isn't working)

http://youtu.be/awd9eKwB5kM?t=1m10s
Ah okay I do see what you mean. We aren't far off in what we are saying to be honest, I'll be able to post a few clips from the game and a real nba game to show what im talking about because to have the same sound from NBA2k and its not realistic then it needs to go because the rest of the game is progressing past that.

# 114 SouthBeach @ 11/12/13 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
Like I said, its ok to be slightly disappointed. When LBJ didn't win rings, people were disappointed, not because he sucks, but people expect and demand greatness out of him even if its sometime unrealistic. That's the same with 2k. People expect greatness out the gate, its still great but its even scarier that they can get better.
Well said.

# 115 Sundown @ 11/12/13 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminallyOdd
The gripe about the ball being its own physics object is laughable. Isn't it supposed to be? If it sticks and teleports into players' hands, then that gets complained about.

The mute DeMarcus Cousins is completely ridiculous though, and a valid point of contention. Who thought that was a good idea? A generic voice would have been better than that.
I seriously busted up laughing. At the very least, they should have the players' mouths move. Angry Cousins was communicating telepathically. LOL.

# 116 yungflo @ 11/12/13 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
Honestly how much more different could it have been. We got better graphics, better movement, more in depth modes, I mean it sounds incredible to me.
I can't speak for everyone, but for me I expected to be a video game but more natural realistic movements. I expected along those lines. Similar to NBA LIVE 14's tech demo at e3, but that being integrated in 5 on 5 settings. I had unrealistic high expectations so when I saw the actual gameplay release trailer, I saw iggy and Davis and their reactions, I thought were human like.(also, at the time, I thought they were signature celebrations which doesn't seem to be the case..I don't think)I was slightly disappointed but still very excited about the game. Since it was a BOGO sale, it was a no brainer to get it. Nothing wrong with being slightly disappointed. It isn't the end of the world and I'm not crapping on the devs or the team that worked on this game. Its a solid job.

I just really hate when my comments are taken out of context. If I disagree with the majority, then I'm trolling or I'm a ***** or so forth. Far from the truth. I enjoy this series. I'm not an annual adopter. so you could imagine the hype I had for this game.

My levels have been brought down to earth and I can enjoy the game which I know I will log heavy hours on.

# 117 Goffs @ 11/12/13 01:24 AM
hmmm CG has more cameramen than NG....

IGN usually posts some of those gameplay footage later on....

# 118 23 @ 11/12/13 01:26 AM
Who is #8 for the Lakers...that looks like lamar odom

# 119 Rasco11 @ 11/12/13 01:27 AM
Watching that video did bring up a glaring issue for me:

I have no idea what team to pick for MyGM mode. Thinking of Pacers, Blazers, Pelicans, Bulls, Kings, Nuggets, Warriors...oh lawd have mercy!

# 120 SouthBeach @ 11/12/13 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
hmmm CG has more cameramen than NG....

IGN usually posts some of those gameplay footage later on....
That's one thing I was hoping was from an early build or something.

But looks like they won't be present.

Makes me wonder if they were left out intentionally or if it was a matter of not having time to get proper/different animations for falling out of bounds.

Then again, I know nothing about that stuff, haha.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.