Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

The updated NBA 2K14 roster update for Xbox One and PS4 is available now.

The same issues with Luigi Datome and Vitor Faverani on current-gen have appeared on next-gen consoles as well, with the wrong profile picture.

The recent trade of Derrick Williams from the T-Wolves to the Kings is included, as well as updated kicks from various players in the league.

To get the latest roster, simply go to Quick Game and hit the "Y" (triangle for PS4) button, make sure the Official 2K Sports Roster is highlighted and hit the "A" (X for PS4) button. It should auto-download. You can't save the file to the hard drive, from what we are hearing, users won't be able to until patch #3.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Gosens6 @ 12/07/13 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdareal21
Me either. Most (not all) but most of you guys were anticipating and waiting for a roster update. You get it, and now you're complaining that you can't use injured players? What's the point of the roster update if it's not supposed to reflect the real NBA at this time? Entitled, whiny & spoiled, some of you need to go find a copy of Double Dribble and remember what basketball games used to consist of. Just embrace the fact that we have a game like this in 2013 that actually looks and plays next gen. Reminds me of that Louis CK skit about this corny generation of kids...
What's the point of not letting us play with whoever we want OFFLINE?! I'm still waiting for an acceptable answer for that one.

There is no point. Zero. We all bought the game, and if we want to use every player in the nba offline, against our friends in quick matches, we should be able to.

When I'm chilling with my buddies and we wanna get some old school, 6 man tournaments going, we want to use the best players in the world at our disposal, we shouldn't have to be limited because 2K says we can't use injured players in offline games. There's absolutely no excuse for it.

So take your self entitled, lame, corny speal about over privileged kids and go somewhere. Most of us are grown adults (me being 25 myself) and we just want to be able to play the god damn game how we want to offline.

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk

# 122 DEFAULTCAMERA @ 12/07/13 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
What's the point of not letting us play with whoever we want OFFLINE?! I'm still waiting for an acceptable answer for that one.

There is no point. Zero. We all bought the game, and if we want to use every player in the nba offline, against our friends in quick matches, we should be able to.

When I'm chilling with my buddies and we wanna get some old school, 6 man tournaments going, we want to use the best players in the world at our disposal, we shouldn't have to be limited because 2K says we can't use injured players in offline games. There's absolutely no excuse for it.

So take your self entitled, lame, corny speal about over privileged kids and go somewhere. Most of us are grown adults (me being 25 myself) and we just want to be able to play the god damn game how we want to offline.

As I said last night you can still play with those guys just don't use the updated roster. You guys are asking for the wrong thing, you want CAP back and not roster updates because you're not satisfied with them. If CAP was in the game you could make your own rosters trades, rotations, add missing players, etc.

So 2K if you're reading this next year you don't need roster updates in your game, there is no need for the 2KInsider. The people just want CAP back in the game and 2Kshare. The real truth though is if this was to happen people would complain about not having roster updates. Which brings us right back to where we're right now. Most people don't want to put in work making their own rosters but like to complain about somebody else work. Whether it's a 2K roster update or someone in the community makes one someone is not going to agree with how the roster is done. So it's just best to make your own then you can play the game how you see fit.

# 123 Gosens6 @ 12/07/13 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFAULTCAMERA
As I said last night you can still play with those guys just don't use the updated roster. You guys are asking for the wrong thing, you want CAP back and not roster updates because you're not satisfied with them. If CAP was in the game you could make your own rosters trades, rotations, add missing players, etc.

So 2K if you're reading this next year you don't need roster updates in your game, there is no need for the 2KInsider. The people just want CAP back in the game and 2Kshare. The real truth though is if this was to happen people would complain about not having roster updates. Which brings us right back to where we're right now. Most people don't want to put in work making their own rosters but like to complain about somebody else work. Whether it's a 2K roster update or someone in the community makes one someone is not going to agree with how the roster is done. So it's just best to make your own then you can play the game how you see fit.
I don't care about CAP. I could care less. But giving us an option to turn off injuries for offline games with updated rosters is a must.

# 124 DEFAULTCAMERA @ 12/07/13 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I don't care about CAP. I could care less. But giving us an option to turn off injuries for offline games with updated rosters is a must.

Lets make this clear default roster you can use Kobe, Rose, and whoever else is injured right? But you were not satisfied you want updated rosters, when you get them now you're not happy because you can't use injured guys what since does that make.

In having CAP you can create your own updated roster without the need of someone else to do it for you. The problem which I already figured is most people are to lazy to do that. But would rather complain about somebody else work which they had no hand in helping creating an updated roster.

# 125 Gosens6 @ 12/07/13 07:57 AM
Quote:
Lets make this clear default roster you can use Kobe, Rose, and whoever else is injured right? But you were not satisfied you want updated rosters, when you get them now you're not happy because you can't use injured guys what since does that make.

In having CAP you can create your own updated roster without the need of someone else to do it for you. The problem which I already figured is most people are to lazy to do that. But would rather complain about somebody else work which they had no hand in helping creating an updated roster.
Man, you really just don't get it. Some of us work full time jobs, 5 days a week. Do you think we really have the time to create our own rosters?! Kudos to the people that do, but when I have to provide for my gf and daughter, I don't have countless hours to spend on caps.

But, when 2k does what they're supposed to do and give us updated rosters, in the very little spare time I have, when I want to play offline with my friends, we'd like to have the option to use updated rosters without injuries. What is so hard about that for you to understand.

So no, it's not being "lazy" as you oh so smartly figured out, it's most of us don't have time to create rosters because we have more important things in life to do. But when we wanna kick back and play some 2K, we should be able to with whatever players we want.

# 126 rgp913 @ 12/07/13 08:10 AM
Quote:

You just don't understand. Try to read and comprehend what we're saying and leave all preconceived notions of "what our problem is" at the door. Your one of those people who will never understand where other people come from because they filter everything someone says to them through their own screwed up perception.

Let's just drop it instead of going and forth because we outline clearly what we're thinking and you filter it as "they must be a lazy generation of unhappy kids who don't know what they want. What they really want is a CAP- not a roster update". Great, you solved the problem.

# 127 kwabalicious @ 12/07/13 09:19 AM
All I can say is that if they are going to include daily roster updates if they aren't gonna include guys like Bradley beal who are out for two weeks. God forbid we have to wait another month for an update.

# 128 agreene7 @ 12/07/13 09:55 AM
You can't edit rotations before playing a game? I don't have next gen so I don't know?

# 129 rgp913 @ 12/07/13 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreene7
You can't edit rotations before playing a game? I don't have next gen so I don't know?
Even if a player is active, he is marked injured and his ratings default to a 25 overall with an F in every category (ie; Jason Terry, Jimmy Butler, etc.) So having them in rotation is useless if their ratings won't reflect a non-injury level of accuracy.

# 130 Stickz24 @ 12/07/13 12:14 PM
Lol. I see what you all are saying. But, to be fair, when a player is injured - that reduced rating reflects what is supposed to be his updated and current rating. For example, you can still play old school/classic team ball with your friends. Their ratings remain constant. But when you have current/individual players ratings updated, upgraded or downgraded - it's not unfair to assume that players with severely reduced skills (ie: injury) should be updated/downgraded as well.

I like 2ks product and am appropriately critical. But this one aspect - the reduced ratings for injured players part. I agree with. Especially since you still have the option to edit rotations off-line.

Only thing is ..if they are going to approach it that way - they need to make the updates more consistent and/or scheduled.

# 131 STLRams @ 12/07/13 12:28 PM
Quote:

Lol, the point is it is silly for 2K to have the injured players totally unplayable for those who want to play offline quick games. All 2K needs to do is just take those injured players out of rotation like other sports game do with there players. Prime example last night my older brother came to my house too play NBA 2K14 for the first time on next gen. When I had to explain to him that he can't play with Kobe or Rose and a few other players his reply was, well that's stupid that you don't have the option to play with him. Oh it got worse once I told him some of the other stuff that was missing from next gen. We should have CAP and the option to play with any player we want if we download a 2K roster and customize it.

It's funny that 2K wants to try to go so detail in having players actually injured and unplayable in the roster updates, but won't update players tendencies or teams playbooks or hotspots and still have missing players in there roster updates. Boy I wonder what would happen in Lebron got injured in real life and was out for the season and people wouldn't be able to even play with the cover athlete of the video game.... The fans would be in a uproar

# 132 rgp913 @ 12/07/13 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
This guy found out a way to use the injured players and 'heal' them for offline quick play. You can actually add an injury to any player too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE-8yO3fnJ4

Hilarious.

I actually just decided to keep the original roster without injuries I had. I'd rather have Kobe, Rose, Davis, Butler, Rondo, etc. than a select 10 or 12 reserves who rarely see playing time. I just found look a likes for two guys I would've liked to have in the roster (Faveroni and Dellaladova) and edited their info to reflect each player, respectively. Sucks the name is wrong, but I just won't have that overlay when I play and besides, my choices look A LOT closer to them than the ones 2K chose.

# 133 DEFAULTCAMERA @ 12/07/13 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgp913
You just don't understand. Try to read and comprehend what we're saying and leave all preconceived notions of "what our problem is" at the door. Your one of those people who will never understand where other people come from because they filter everything someone says to them through their own screwed up perception.

Let's just drop it instead of going and forth because we outline clearly what we're thinking and you filter it as "they must be a lazy generation of unhappy kids who don't know what they want. What they really want is a CAP- not a roster update". Great, you solved the problem.
I'm not trying to put anyone in a category, I just come from the mind frame of if you don't like how something is done then do it yourself. That's where me saying bring back CAP because then everyone could make rosters how they liked them.

No matter what 2K does with the rosters people are going to be upset. Say they do it how you guys want, then next it will be so and so should be rated higher or this guy has wrong colored socks. All things that the user could do themselves, I have a job to but if I want things done a certain way I'm going to make time for it to get things to my liking. If it means working on rosters throughout the week instead of playing the game with my free time so be it.

# 134 rgp913 @ 12/07/13 05:48 PM
Quote:
I'm not trying to put anyone in a category, I just come from the mind frame of if you don't like how something is done then do it yourself. That's where me saying bring back CAP because then everyone could make rosters how they liked them.

No matter what 2K does with the rosters people are going to be upset. Say they do it how you guys want, then next it will be so and so should be rated higher or this guy has wrong colored socks. All things that the user could do themselves, I have a job to but if I want things done a certain way I'm going to make time for it to get things to my liking. If it means working on rosters throughout the week instead of playing the game with my free time so be it.

I understood what you wrote- the CAP part of your post was the part I agreed with most. If this had CAP- I'd be happy as hell. I edit the rosters more than I actually play. I just enjoy doing it and like stats. I just don't enjoy the injury aspect. Believe me, a base clean roster and a CAP would make me ecstatic. All I play are quick games and occasionally start a season which I never have time to finish.

Players such as myself are upset because they gutted the aspect that appealed to us the most. The customization. That is the opposite of wanting 2K to do the work. I know their work and don't like it (or agree with their ratings). Last thing I want is a 2KInsider roster set...

# 135 DEFAULTCAMERA @ 12/07/13 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgp913
I understood what you wrote- the CAP part of your post was the part I agreed with most. If this had CAP- I'd be happy as hell. I edit the rosters more than I actually play. I just enjoy doing it and like stats. I just don't enjoy the injury aspect. Believe me, a base clean roster and a CAP would make me ecstatic. All I play are quick games and occasionally start a season which I never have time to finish.

Players such as myself are upset because they gutted the aspect that appealed to us the most. The customization. That is the opposite of wanting 2K to do the work. I know their work and don't like it (or agree with their ratings). Last thing I want is a 2KInsider roster set...
That's what I did on PS3 was take there current base roster then used 2K share to download missing players that other guys had created. Then the only thing I had to do was update the rotations how I like them and was good to go. 2K share is the thing I'm missing the most right now and the ability to save to your HDD.

# 136 rgp913 @ 12/07/13 06:32 PM
Quote:
That's what I did on PS3 was take there current base roster then used 2K share to download missing players that other guys had created. Then the only thing I had to do was update the rotations how I like them and was good to go. 2K share is the thing I'm missing the most right now and the ability to save to your HDD.
Hopefully Patch 3 brings some things we all liked back. If not, next year...

# 137 iameich @ 12/07/13 09:14 PM
I'm not trying to be sarcastic in any way but how do I download the 1st official (no injuries) 2K Roster?

Is it possible?

# 138 gino1043 @ 12/08/13 02:01 AM
do any of you guys have the access code to buy lebron shoes?

# 139 JudeMarv @ 12/08/13 02:59 AM
Can any of you guys get the updated roster to work on MyGM? Won't work for me. It goes back to the old roster.

# 140 Sadince @ 12/08/13 05:33 PM
My last pay check was $9500 working 12 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can't believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do,,,,,,,,,,,WWW****sh64.COM

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.