Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports and the NBA Live 14 team released the first title update yesterday. Some users talked about what they saw, as we waited on the details to arrive.

Today, the team has released them.

Quote:
The most important piece that we’re adding is a change to our technology around our LIVE Update system. This is the first step in our plans for NBA LIVE 14. Many of the changes in this update are things you won’t actually see – technology additions that will pave the way for the additions to come. This will allow us to update and add content such as gameplay tuning, new animations, audio and visual assets directly to you as they become available. This applies to cosmetic changes like new uniforms, shoes, accessories and so on, but also allows for ongoing gameplay and graphical improvements.

They have also tuned shooting, both online and offline, so the timing window is a little easier and cut down on the blocked jump shots on the perimeter. For those of you that had crowd audio issues in the BIG Moments, those have been corrected and they tweaked a few other things to make online games smoother. More visual improvements are on the way after the New Year.

Read more here and let us know what you are seeing.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 RoyalBoyle78 @ 12/20/13 07:16 PM
I will say that the game does play a really good bb simulation, I just want some of the ugly animations fixes more and I will be very satisfied, I love that espn cam, and the presentation a lot.

Very impression by the updates feedback and EA realizes that the game is being played by quite a few of us and we like it, graphics aren't everything but could be better. Guess it's what inside what counts lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 22 Jay Jay @ 12/20/13 07:28 PM
My gamestop has a copy for 45 and im seriously thinking about getting it. How is the online play and what would yall rate the game after the first patch?

# 23 WTF @ 12/20/13 07:56 PM
Game is solid. My favorite basketball game of this generation. Lol.

Seriously though, I think its close to a strong 8, and only getting better. It's not perfect, and could stand some graphics and animation upgrades, but under the hood its a really strong game. If they can continue the support, we'll have a really good game in Live 14.

# 24 DonWuan @ 12/20/13 08:04 PM
Can any thread in NBA live section stay on topic?

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk

# 25 bluengold34_OS @ 12/20/13 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
Can any thread in NBA live section stay on topic?

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk
It would help tremendously if people would give impressions of the game - who have actually played it. Maybe we need to have a thread that has a title named " I haven't played the game, but I read what others who did have posted, so here is my opinion"

# 26 roadman @ 12/20/13 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
It would help tremendously if people would give impressions of the game - who have actually played it. Maybe we need to have a thread that has a title named " I haven't played the game, but I read what others who did have posted, so here is my opinion"
I haven't bought the game yet because I'm waiting till after the holidays and what not and it's a bit disheartening reading opinions from people who haven't bought and played the game but spewing their negative vibe from reviews only and not commenting on this update.

Keep the impressions coming, folks. Thanks.

# 27 WTF @ 12/20/13 08:29 PM
It's fine gentlemen, carry on.

# 28 bluengold34_OS @ 12/20/13 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I haven't bought the game yet because I'm waiting till after the holidays and what not and it's a bit disheartening reading opinions from people who haven't bought and played the game but spewing their negative vibe from reviews only and not commenting on this update.

Keep the impressions coming, folks. Thanks.
Appreciate the feedback and explanation roadman -

After the patch the game has gotten better. I really enjoy the game a lot, but have been a bit cautious about who I recommend this title for. There are some flaws that have to be overlooked, but for me the fun far outweighs the issues the game has right now.

That doesn't mean it will be that way for everyone, and can understand how some take serious issue with the game. I would say to keep trying the demo, but it truly isn't indicative of the game plays now.

# 29 PVarck31 @ 12/20/13 08:40 PM
This isn't the impressions thread. If you don't have anything to say in relation to the title update then don't post. Especially if you haven't played the damn game.

First and only warning.

# 30 WTF @ 12/20/13 08:47 PM
Looking forward to seeing what the coming updates will bring.

Hopefully the Kings court will be one of the early updates. Still not right.

Seeing graphics and animations being mentioned sounds promising.

# 31 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/20/13 08:55 PM
Great information and very imformative. Glad they followed through with this and hopefully they'll continue to add updates to the game throughout its cycle to pave the way for 15 to be that much better.

# 32 Tha_Kid @ 12/20/13 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
I think the Nba Live team should show a before/after comparison when they do a technology update to improve the graphics and animations.
Especially with the face scanning, I hope they do detailed blogs (a list) of the visual changes per team. Though honestly id be pretty happy with the game in general if they added more shot animations around the basket and increased contact in the paint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

# 33 jyoung @ 12/20/13 09:37 PM
Quote:
We’ve tuned shooting so that nailing the timing for a jump shot is a bit easier
Shooting definitely feels easier offline. I can't speak for online, as I haven't tried an online game since the patch.

I'd still like to see less of a penalty for far-away shot contests, as well as shot contests from smaller players.

Regardless of height advantage or contest quality, it seems like if a defender is anywhere in the vicinity of the shot animation with his hand is up, you will generally miss the shot.

Quote:
as well as cutting down the number of blocked jumpers on the perimeter.
I am still seeing a ton of blocks, including off jump shots.

Mainly because the CPU still has the tendency of throwing the ball into the post, holding the ball for a while, then squaring up to try a quick jump shot. Those situations are basically an automatic block every time.

Last game I played, the CPU Nuggets kept isolating Faried in the post against Cousins. CPU Faried would hold it for a while, then take the square up jumper, and he got blocked about 5 times in the game by Cousins.

# 34 The 24th Letter @ 12/20/13 09:57 PM
Ugh..

Wish I could say the patch improvements were as noticeable me as far as gameplay is concerned...I was pretty pumped about firing this bad boy up after hearing about all the improvements but I have to say I am a little disappointed...is there a sure fire way to tell of you have the patch?

They still haven't fixed the fact that the CPU doesn't react to your position...I took my SG completely off his man to guard the paint knowing good and well they wouldn't pass it to the open man, lol

# 35 seemoe @ 12/20/13 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
I'm amazed people paid $60 to be beta testers.
I amazed people still care. No one should have to defend their purchase. If people are enjoying the game, then let them be. I honestly do not understand why this is so hard.

# 36 The 24th Letter @ 12/20/13 10:23 PM
With all due respect man that post was a good bit back, no need to even bring it back into the discussion...just let comments like that die....

# 37 jyoung @ 12/20/13 10:35 PM
Yeah blocking definitely still needs some more tweaking, as I just finished a game with 20 blocks between the two teams. Tony Parker had 4 of those blocks.

Defenders in this game possess superhuman ball tracking ability, and the speed of the blocking animations is just way faster than most of the game's passing and shooting animations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
is there a sure fire way to tell of you have the patch?
On PS4, go to the dashboard and highlight the NBA Live 14 tile icon.

Press the options button, then select update history.

It should be on version 1.03 if you're up to date.

# 38 Flightwhite24 @ 12/20/13 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Ugh..

Wish I could say the patch improvements were as noticeable me as far as gameplay is concerned...I was pretty pumped about firing this bad boy up after hearing about all the improvements but I have to say I am a little disappointed...is there a sure fire way to tell of you have the patch?

They still haven't fixed the fact that the CPU doesn't react to your position...I took my SG completely off his man to guard the paint knowing good and well they wouldn't pass it to the open man, lol

I'm having a totally opposite exp. if I pull my PG/SG to go double down in the post the CPU will kick it back out to the open shooter damn near every time. I'm forced to play honest D or the CPU will/has adjusted accordingly

Sent from my iPhone

# 39 Sundown @ 12/20/13 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
maybe there werent that many glaring issues to fix? the biggest complaints ive seen about this game are the graphics and animations. so they have laid the groundwork for updating those.
Riiight. Hopstep cheese. For starters.

# 40 Sundown @ 12/20/13 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Since you haven't played the retail version while the rest of us have, you probably shouldn't knock it. The game is vastly different than the demo. Why would I believe them now? Probably because they're following through with exactly what they said they would.

This game is far from the game that released with the poor reviews. If you can find a way to borrow the retail, you probably should. No hype, just a good, fun basketball game.
They really should update the demo then if that's actually true. Is the demo a whole different download? I was under the impression that next gen free play games are often the whole game but just need to be unlocked.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.