Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports and the NBA Live 14 team released the first title update yesterday. Some users talked about what they saw, as we waited on the details to arrive.

Today, the team has released them.

Quote:
The most important piece that we’re adding is a change to our technology around our LIVE Update system. This is the first step in our plans for NBA LIVE 14. Many of the changes in this update are things you won’t actually see – technology additions that will pave the way for the additions to come. This will allow us to update and add content such as gameplay tuning, new animations, audio and visual assets directly to you as they become available. This applies to cosmetic changes like new uniforms, shoes, accessories and so on, but also allows for ongoing gameplay and graphical improvements.

They have also tuned shooting, both online and offline, so the timing window is a little easier and cut down on the blocked jump shots on the perimeter. For those of you that had crowd audio issues in the BIG Moments, those have been corrected and they tweaked a few other things to make online games smoother. More visual improvements are on the way after the New Year.

Read more here and let us know what you are seeing.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 WTF @ 12/20/13 03:46 PM
Pretty awesome. I didn't doubt that they'd stand behind it, and continue to update as promised. For whatever reason, after playing the game, the attitude changed towards EA. Looking forward to seeing the updates in the pipeline.

# 2 Flightwhite24 @ 12/20/13 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

One word. Impressed!!

Sent from my iPhone

# 3 RoyalBoyle78 @ 12/20/13 04:00 PM
I'm really seeing if they really can do updates the graphics, don't know how through a patch, guess we will have to wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 4 Sundown @ 12/20/13 04:04 PM
Heh. We added vague "technology", adjusted shot timing windows, blocks, tweaked a camera, and wrote six paragraphs about it.

Only EA can turn a minor patch into an entire blog entry.

# 5 alexthegreat @ 12/20/13 04:05 PM
Impressive.

Communication is the first step. Glad to see they are trying to keep their word.

Will be interesting to see how good this new update system works.

# 6 ovo_1013 @ 12/20/13 04:05 PM
Though I've noticed some of the subtle changes made to the game, reading that has me excited to see what else they're doing with this game

# 7 El_Poopador @ 12/20/13 04:05 PM
looking forward to seeing what they can do with this in place. hopefully theyre not just blowing smoke but so far their support for the game has been great.

# 8 El_Poopador @ 12/20/13 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Heh. We added vague "technology", adjusted shot timing windows, blocks, tweaked a camera, and wrote six paragraphs about it.

Only EA can turn a minor patch into an entire blog entry.
well people were complaining that all it said was minor bug fixes. so they made it more detailed.

# 9 Sundown @ 12/20/13 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
well people were complaining that all it said was minor bug fixes. so they made it more detailed.
Yes, they were detailed-- about minor bug fixes.

The other game had like 4 pages of itemized fixes for their patch. EA needs to be showing that kind of effort in a game that needs so much help.

I suppose a content delivery system is cool, but it's not really anything to get excited about until there's actually content to deliver (we've been through this with the other game too).

# 10 El_Poopador @ 12/20/13 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Yes, they were detailed-- about minor bug fixes.

The other game had like 4 pages of itemized fixes for their patch. EA needs to be showing that kind of effort in a game that needs so much help.

I suppose a content delivery system is cool, but it's not really anything to get excited about until there's actually content to deliver (we've been through this with the other game too).
maybe there werent that many glaring issues to fix? the biggest complaints ive seen about this game are the graphics and animations. so they have laid the groundwork for updating those.

# 11 Fiddy @ 12/20/13 04:21 PM
very impressed..

this game along with Fifa gets the most play time. so much fun!

# 12 ovo_1013 @ 12/20/13 04:22 PM
I just finished the MIL @ CLE match-up on superstar/ 12 min (no accelerated) and won 104-92 as cavs. I noticed the game play seemed to flow a lot better and there wasn't a lot of dead air with the commentators like some have mentioned. I was able to draw more shooting fouls than ever before (13-20 ft) so that was nice to see. One thing I hope they work on is the lack of responsiveness with offensive rebounding..the players seem to jump way after the ball as been grabbed. Gets a bit annoying lol. Overall, It felt different and I had fun while playing sim style. The subtle changes seemed apparent which is good. Keep it coming EA.

# 13 JoeDog10 @ 12/20/13 04:32 PM
Really cool - the toned down block shots are VERY noticeable and that makes me a very happy gamer. It also makes me feel confident that they will be able to patch the PIP issue.

Great job, EA. Live is the only game that will be getting my money next year. If you would have told me that a month ago, I would have laughed at you.

# 14 EASPORTS_AJ @ 12/20/13 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspang2
How quick we are to forget.... smh. This is why EA gets away with EVERYTHING! I still stand firm on "I will believe when I see it". EA has great trick marketing and I am not falling for it until they actually deliver.

If they have created a new LIVE update system like they have described that would be a real game changer and I hope would set an example for other EA sports titles like Madden, FIFA etc... however like I said before I will believe it when I see it.
Thanks for the feedback, bspang2. We hope you give the game a shot and keep telling us what you think.

# 15 The Timber Wolf @ 12/20/13 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTS_AJ
Thanks for the feedback, bspang2. We hope you give the game a shot and keep telling us what you think.

Hi AJ

Firstly, great work on the update. I doubted you'd do it, so full credit to you guys and the fact this is only the start of rolling updates is exciting.

However, I now get CONSTANT blue screen crashes. I know it's not your fault and many games have the problem. I switched to Live because of 2K's crashes. I just want to make you aware that people now are crashing constantly. I didn't have even a single crash pre update.

Thanks for ANY help. I am desperate

# 16 shutdown10 @ 12/20/13 06:00 PM
I think the Nba Live team should show a before/after comparison when they do a technology update to improve the graphics and animations.

# 17 seemoe @ 12/20/13 06:13 PM
things ive noticed

-more fouls
-better ball/rim physics (ball goes in more various ways than just the "swish" they had before)
-faster gameplay
-commentary is smoother, more flowing, less pausing.

definitely becoming a more enjoyable experience!

# 18 ovo_1013 @ 12/20/13 06:26 PM
Well I just played another match-up (SAC @ MIA) and man did I just get my butt kicked lol. The final score was 139-119 (superstar 12 min no accelerated) I was up 110-101 at some point in the fourth and MIA just ended up taking over!

It was a fast pace game compared to the last one I had played which was cool to see. Lebron ended up scoring 18 pts in the 4th -_- I was keeping up with them until Bron took over..I saw a lot of different moves during the game and the animations looked fluid. Miami kept screening and setting up their 3 point guys too. I had more fun with this game even though I was just dubbed by the cpu. some stats for a few players...

Bron:38 pts 6reb 4ast in 38 mins...smh lol
Bosh:18 pts 9reb 2ast 4stl 3blk.. 34 mins
Wade:22pts 3reb 5ast in 36 mins. He had 20 at halftime

Gay:8pts 4reb 3ast 4stl 3blk..38 mins
Mclemore:25pts 5reb 3ast 3stl 3blk..32 mins
Thomas:32pts 4reb 7ast 5stl...40 mins

Pretty obvious Gay couldn't guard Lebron or score against him, but the update improved the game more as of now. I like the rotation I'm seeing by coaches playing 12 min qtrs.

# 19 poloelite @ 12/20/13 06:27 PM
Smh.... they hyped us with Elite, NBA Live 13 and even this game. I'm sorry, I'm out of the hype department. All of those were supposed to be revolutionary and cutting edge and we know how that played out. I reserved this game, but didn't buy it due to reviews, and anxiously played the demo smh. I don't see why I would believe anything mentioned by EA in regards to their basketball product at this point. Here's hoping that Live 15 has a fully playable demo well in advance and that it's really competition for that other game.

# 20 WTF @ 12/20/13 06:57 PM
Since you haven't played the retail version while the rest of us have, you probably shouldn't knock it. The game is vastly different than the demo. Why would I believe them now? Probably because they're following through with exactly what they said they would.

This game is far from the game that released with the poor reviews. If you can find a way to borrow the retail, you probably should. No hype, just a good, fun basketball game.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.