Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Today I want to look at, what I think are, the best starting lineups in MLB and therefore in MLB 14: The Show. We're going to focus on the top five most dangerous lineups to face as a pitcher. We'll look at the strengths and also any potential weaknesses of the lineups. So without further ado, let's go!

Read More - MLB 14 The Show: The Best Lineups

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 bbb20098 @ 03/10/14 01:12 PM
If lineups alone could win a ws its the rangers hands down. They are going to score alot of runs. There pitching is whats going to do them in they should have done more with there pitching than what they did which is nothing. Go Rangers

# 62 bkrich83 @ 03/10/14 10:15 PM
No chance in hell Jon Jay starts over Peter Bourjos. If Bourjos is healthy he's clearly the superior player, and the Cards didn't trade for him so he could sit on the bench.

# 63 Stroehms @ 03/10/14 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
I don't think either one is set in stone as the starter. Jay is probably better offensively, but Bourjous is worlds better defensively. I think whoever plays better this spring will get the starting job. Also, if Taveras can get healthy and prove to be serviceable defensively in CF, he might take playing time from both of them.

Eventually, I think Taveras would come up and play RF initially pushing Craig to 1B and Adams to the bench.

It's Taveras vs Adams fighting for playing time in my mind. I think the Cards will try to keep him at a corner outfield spot, atleast until he can prove that his ankle is healthy. Bourjos really brings a true CF to the team, something that Taveras doesn't necessarily bring to the table with his defense.

In closing, I believe the O Train will arrive in St. Louis sometime mid-2014. The only thing putting that in jeopardy is his health. If he's fine, he will hit and that would be difficult to for the Cards to keep in AAA. Even if Taveras gets hurt, the Cardinals should be fine with Stephen Piscotty coming up, along with Randall Grichuck (Freese trade) right behind him. I could even see one of them coming up and replacing Robinson on the bench since it would be redundant to have 2 Right handed hitting CFs with little pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 64 cardinalbird5 @ 03/11/14 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
No chance in hell Jon Jay starts over Peter Bourjos. If Bourjos is healthy he's clearly the superior player, and the Cards didn't trade for him so he could sit on the bench.
That is a bit extreme...The cards mainly made that trade to upgrade the bench, get more speed, and to get rid of Freese.

Jay has better offensive career numbers. He did poor in the playoffs and that is probably what the majority of the country saw. However, he was been an above average hitter for his career. Bourjos has been a below average hitter. I am pretty sure it will be a platoon with Bourjos getting the majority of starts vs left handed pitching. Bourjos holds the edge defensively.

# 65 CaseIH @ 03/11/14 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
That is a bit extreme...The cards mainly made that trade to upgrade the bench, get more speed, and to get rid of Freese.

Jay has better offensive career numbers. He did poor in the playoffs and that is probably what the majority of the country saw. However, he was been an above average hitter for his career. Bourjos has been a below average hitter. I am pretty sure it will be a platoon with Bourjos getting the majority of starts vs left handed pitching. Bourjos holds the edge defensively.
Thats the way I see it as well. Plus Jay isnt no slouch on defense either. Bourjos will have to show he can hit to be the Cards everyday CF'er, as of now I see him playing when there is a Lefty pitcher, and Jay with a RH'er. That deal was made to get rid of the often injured Freese and to make room for Wong.

# 66 ahamsterman @ 03/13/14 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdr216
The orioles have a good balance of talented young stars and veterans in the line up that can rival any team in baseball.
sorry...no. http://postimg.org/image/x9jujijfj/
park factors are huge.

# 67 ahamsterman @ 03/14/14 04:43 PM
I find it hard to believe that they still haven't been able to adjust players for park factors well enough yet :/

# 68 cardinalbird5 @ 03/14/14 09:28 PM
Did you ever think the players create the park factor? Why would you make an accusation that Baltimore isn't a top tier lineup due to their Park? If you gave another reason maybe like saying Davis won't perform like he did last season, they offer no depth, Weeks or Flaherty won't perform to expectations, etc. then I'd agree with that reason.

The only players that should be seriously taken into affect for park factors are Rockies' players and Padres and to some extent, Dbacks, due to their altitudes. Park factors are already built into parks like Fenway and Yankee stadium due to their architecture.

Park factors are built into the game, but not as strong as they should be.

# 69 BravoSir @ 03/14/14 11:12 PM
The Braves lineup could definitely be feared, but only when it's on full cylinders. B.J. Upton and Dan Uggla need to get back on track, and then it belongs in the Top 5. But for right now, it isn't.

1. RF Jason Heyward
2. LF Justin Upton
3. 1B Freddie Freeman
4. C Evan Gattis
5. 3B Chris Johnson
6. SS Andrelton Simmons
7. 2B Dan Uggla
8. CF B.J. Upton

# 70 ineedhelp123 @ 03/16/14 08:38 PM
In no particular order,

Dodgers
Cardinals
Rangers
Orioles
Tigers

# 71 andrewochs615 @ 03/17/14 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamsterman
sorry...no. http://postimg.org/image/x9jujijfj/
park factors are huge.

Fine then Boston and NY don't belong neither because they play in smaller parks also.

Wake up the O's aren't bad anymore.

# 72 J_Long90 @ 05/26/14 05:47 PM
I can agree with most of these teams being on this list. However, now that the game is up and running with the constant roster updates all of these are subject to change. The Oakland A's have been pretty solid for me as of recently along with Toronto.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.