Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

It looks like their will be a trade-in offer at GameStop for MLB 14 The Show gamers that want to purchase the PS3 version and trade it in for the PS4 version. Just make sure you read the fine print.

It appears as though you have to be a PowerUp Rewards member. Will try to get more clarification. Will also try to find out if digital download gamers will get any sort of break.

Quote:
Offer available to PowerUp Rewards members only. MLB 14: The Show for PS3 must be purchased within 30 days of release. Coupon will be digitally distributed after purchase. Coupon required at time of trade. Limit 1 coupon per game per customer. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Net credit after promotion is $40.00 or greater, and must be applied toward a new copy of the PS4 version of the game being traded. After promotion, cost to the customer will be $19.99 or less before tax, where applicable; offer is not valid toward additional add-on content, like DLC, or non-standard versions of game. Eligible game must be traded in the same transaction as the purchase of an eligible new game. Not valid toward cash trades. Offer valid only when eligible items are traded. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expires 5/31/14.

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 HustlinOwl @ 03/31/14 02:59 PM
tempting, but I'll pass

# 2 smiley3 @ 03/31/14 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
tempting, but I'll pass

You're going to wait it out?

# 3 RyanLaFalce @ 03/31/14 03:02 PM
Damn, should've kept my PS3...

# 4 seanjeezy @ 03/31/14 03:02 PM
Great news for us OSFM guys, guess I'll be buying a physical copy this year.

Wait, there's some fine print at the bottom... Powerup members only it seems. There's a free signup option I assume?

# 5 godylla @ 03/31/14 03:07 PM
Disclaimer at the bottom of the page:

"Offer available to PowerUp Rewards members only. MLB 14: The Show for PS3 must be purchased within 30 days of release. Coupon will be digitally distributed after purchase. Coupon required at time of trade. Limit 1 coupon per game per customer. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Net credit after promotion is $40.00 or greater, and must be applied toward a new copy of the PS4 version of the game being traded. After promotion, cost to the customer will be $19.99 or less before tax, where applicable; offer is not valid toward additional add-on content, like DLC, or non-standard versions of game. Eligible game must be traded in the same transaction as the purchase of an eligible new game. Not valid toward cash trades. Offer valid only when eligible items are traded. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expires 5/31/14."

What does it take to be a PowerUp Rewards member?

# 6 seanjeezy @ 03/31/14 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
What does it take to be a PowerUp Rewards member?
Digging a little deeper, there looks to be both free and subscription membership options. No reason not to choose the free option unless you want the extra 10% trade-in value...

# 7 fballturkey @ 03/31/14 03:30 PM
I'm going to make do with the Vita version until the PS4 one comes out, since I'll get some use out of that one either way. Very tempting though.

# 8 New_Yorker_718 @ 03/31/14 04:02 PM
I'll just wait on the ps4 version.

# 9 HustlinOwl @ 03/31/14 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley3
You're going to wait it out?
yep loving Infamous Second Son and 10 year old hardware/software not doing much for more anymore. Last Generation is dead to me

# 10 MrOldboy @ 03/31/14 04:50 PM
I wonder if Sony might offer a similar deal for digital purchases, although this being a gamestop deal I'd be surprised if they did.

Sucks for those who want it digitally and give Sony more money directly.

# 11 smiley3 @ 03/31/14 04:58 PM
Whoever wants this deal just needs to sign up to be a power rewards member that's all there's no charge for that

# 12 MrOldboy @ 03/31/14 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Yeah. Gotta read the fine print. Powerup Rewards members only. Still pretty much works out the same way if you sell it on ebay. No reason you can't get $40 for it on there.
In order to get $40 on ebay you'd have to sell it for over $46, plus the shipping cost. $40 and you can get the game at the same place, I see no reason not to do this if you are a PUR member and want it on disc.

# 13 siber222000 @ 03/31/14 05:08 PM
As many people have mentioned, isn't PUR like free? If it was PUR subscription one I would have passed on this offer, but if PUR free one works for this, I'm definitely gonna get it for sure, I'm just too sick of playing MLB 13 The Show XDDD

# 14 godylla @ 03/31/14 05:19 PM
How will saving to a different platform work? I am not familiar with the practice so wouldn't it be possible that you need both discs or at least the PS3 or Vita disc to upgrade to the PS4? Or is it all cloud based or USB drive based?

# 15 brewersfan84 @ 03/31/14 05:26 PM
THANK GOD!! I was worried I would have to spend another $60 on the PS4 version. Now I can enjoy the PS3 version for a month, and spend $20 to get the better version when its ready!! WOOOOO!!

# 16 Formula1Racing @ 03/31/14 05:32 PM
Does this yrs version have the online-pass code? Just wondering? I have it in my gamefly que at the moment...

# 17 MrOldboy @ 03/31/14 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula1Racing
Does this yrs version have the online-pass code? Just wondering? I have it in my gamefly que at the moment...
They confirmed that first party Sony games will not have online passes on PS4, that is mainly because online requires PS+ on PS4. Other publishers can still require them.

People have retail copies of the PS3 version already so if it still requires one there then they'll know.

# 18 fballturkey @ 03/31/14 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Yeah. Gotta read the fine print. Powerup Rewards members only. Still pretty much works out the same way if you sell it on ebay. No reason you can't get $40 for it on there.
I figure a lot of people will have that plan and there might be a glut of PS3 versions for sale used once the PS4 version hits. I'm not a gamestop fan but they seem to be the best bet if you want to buy both.

# 19 Formula1Racing @ 03/31/14 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
They confirmed that first party Sony games will not have online passes on PS4, that is mainly because online requires PS+ on PS4. Other publishers can still require them.

People have retail copies of the PS3 version already so if it still requires one there then they'll know.
Thanks MrOldboy. I hope the ones with the PS3 version can chime in and lets us know.

# 20 Heroesandvillains @ 03/31/14 06:23 PM
Thanks.

I'm now $63.85 more broke! LOL!

Just pre-ordered. Way too good a deal to pass up.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.