Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

A lot of this MLB 14 The Show video footage can be seen in our hands-on preview video, but for those of you that want to see a little bit more, check out the following videos from IGN.

Video #1

Video #2

Video #3

Thanks for the heads up GoodGameBro!

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Gerg04 @ 04/08/14 06:01 PM
Wow...wow. wow. Looks amazing. Having never owned the show (new to Ps4 from xbox-360) I can't explain my excitement.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

# 22 Moose Factory @ 04/08/14 06:04 PM
Man if this was a PS4 launch title I wouldn't have bought an Xbox One... Should've thought ahead.

# 23 Knight165 @ 04/08/14 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Factory
Man if this was a PS4 launch title I wouldn't have bought an Xbox One... Should've thought ahead.
C'mon.....you knew!....

M.K.
Knight165

# 24 BigTone1970 @ 04/08/14 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cezar24
Two things that stand out as I watched them:

1) the outfields still seem really small. In that second video, the RF ends up about 5 feet away from the 2B when he throws it in on a routine ground ball single. How is a bloop ever expected to fall in if they can touch each other in 4 seconds?

2) something about the jerseys seems off. The fronts look like the players are wearing bullet proof vests underneath or something. They don't move and just stop at the belt, dip in and go into the pants. Looks odd.

Cesar, I almost have to agree with you about the outfield not being proportionately correct. Anyone that has been to a ballgame knows that the outfields are huge and how much ground an outfielder actually has to cover. I have noticed it on the past versions of the show. I hope we are wrong, but I am seeing what you are seeing. It just seems that the balls get to the outfielders too quick sometimes.

# 25 nick_sr @ 04/08/14 06:51 PM
looks nice! don't know if i can listen to matt vasgersian for another year though.

# 26 ShowTyme15 @ 04/08/14 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
looks nice! don't know if i can listen to matt vasgersian for another year though.
Contrary to popular belief......................he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

# 27 eaw913 @ 04/08/14 07:01 PM
The shot of the Twins batter (with the dugout behind him) really shows how the improved lighting has helped night games. It's dang near photo-realistic. And that's on this crappy YouTube video.

# 28 aguero90 @ 04/08/14 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaw913
The shot of the Twins batter (with the dugout behind him) really shows how the improved lighting has helped night games. It's dang near photo-realistic. And that's on this crappy YouTube video.
And that's the scarry part... Wait until we pop this game in our HD tv!

# 29 MrOldboy @ 04/08/14 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
So do the new catcher animations apply only to blocking and tags?
Zunino and Lucroy have pretty unique set ups, it would be cool to have the option to choose...
The set-up animations are new, sadly its not that big of a difference from past games and every catcher sets up the same...every pitch. It looks a bit more natural, but catchers still don't set-up for dirt pithes, high fastballs, or frame pitches. I'm not sure where all the 150 animations are, but some are definitely related to the catcher setting up. It is a shame that they are so consistently identical. Even if every catcher mixed up his setup animations it would look a lot better.

In regards to the videos...it looks like they still have the body size issue that the PS3 had on some players...i.e. Byrd.

The video was pretty choppy, but I'll assume that it was due to IGN's capturing of the game. The devs have said they are targeting 60 fps and I expect that in the final game, anything less will be a huge let down.

Edit: looks like the footage here is just the same b-roll that SCEA provided. The preview video from OS has the same footage, just not as choppy (maybe just a bit choppy in a few spots). So whatever IGN did with the videos, they look bad. I downloaded the video off youtube at they still looked bad.

# 30 MrOldboy @ 04/08/14 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
BUT, they WONT look bad on May 6th when it's playing on your PS4!
I'm only speaking to the quality of whatever IGN did to the footage they were provided.

# 31 piffbernd @ 04/08/14 07:47 PM
Did the phillies have not fireworks with a homerun ? MLB 12 the show had the best homerun celebrations

# 32 TheDJamz @ 04/08/14 08:27 PM
Is it just me or does SCEA need to come out with more realistic body models?

From what I've seen, Miguel Cabrera will probably look like Marlon Byrd in the game too. I was looking for more realistic models. Next year hopefully.

Other than that..... STUNNING!

# 33 SoxFan01605 @ 04/08/14 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Contrary to popular belief......................he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
I don't know if it's "popular belief" that he's going anywhere. I think people are just either sick of him or don't like his voice. In a way I get it, as presentation and commentary are some of the best overall ways to give a fresh look. I just think there are other ways we can get there.

Personally, I'm glad SCEA is aiming to work on making what they have more fluid and dynamic rather than scrapping everything and starting from scratch. If they can better capture (or Matt can better deliver...whatever the actual disconnect is) Matt's real life excitement, I think many will stop worrying about a new voice.

I just think that, in worrying about repeated or stale lines, people forget just how much foundation would be lost...not to mention all the names that have been added to the database over the years that might not make it for awhile. So you might get something "fresh" or new, but at the cost of depth (and likely some other cool feature that all the time spent on commentary would take up).

# 34 aguero90 @ 04/08/14 09:16 PM
I can't wait to play a full game, because I heard some promising stuff from commentary in these little clips! We heard a lot more conversation, more description when showing a replay, and Matty V's play-by-play of the single was really smooth and realistic. I got all of that out of those small clips, can't wait!

# 35 gator3guy @ 04/08/14 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cezar24
Two things that stand out as I watched them:

1) the outfields still seem really small. In that second video, the RF ends up about 5 feet away from the 2B when he throws it in on a routine ground ball single. How is a bloop ever expected to fall in if they can touch each other in 4 seconds?
This has probably been my biggest gripe with the series. Between the small outfields, poor positioning, and insane reactions of the OFers, the hit variety suffers.

The dirt at CBP looks like it hasn't been watered in weeks.

The new catcher setups are nice, but I almost didn't notice them with that hideous gear they are wearing.

Other than that (and Marlon Byrd's peg legs) it looks good. For me it comes down to how the game feels when you're actually playing it. Will have to wait a few more weeks for that though.

# 36 Blzer @ 04/08/14 09:58 PM
Night time lighting just looks stellar! Love shots that involve the crowd as well.

Can't wait until I can see videos that are 60 FPS and completely uncompressed.

# 37 angelstrout @ 04/08/14 10:05 PM
I can't wait to watch Angels vids, red will really look good on my Samsung 6300 model Smart TV lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 38 tnixen @ 04/08/14 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
This has probably been my biggest gripe with the series. Between the small outfields, poor positioning, and insane reactions of the OFers, the hit variety suffers.

The dirt at CBP looks like it hasn't been watered in weeks.

The new catcher setups are nice, but I almost didn't notice them with that hideous gear they are wearing.

Other than that (and Marlon Byrd's peg legs) it looks good. For me it comes down to how the game feels when you're actually playing it. Will have to wait a few more weeks for that though.
This was taken today at the Phillies game. Kind of looks the same in MLB 14 The Show the infield dirt I mean.

# 39 gator3guy @ 04/08/14 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
This was taken today at the Phillies game. Kind of looks the same in MLB 14 The Show the infield dirt I mean.
You're pulling my leg right?

# 40 tnixen @ 04/08/14 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
You're pulling my leg right?
no not at all.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.