Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

A lot of this MLB 14 The Show video footage can be seen in our hands-on preview video, but for those of you that want to see a little bit more, check out the following videos from IGN.

Video #1

Video #2

Video #3

Thanks for the heads up GoodGameBro!

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 HustlinOwl @ 04/08/14 11:15 PM
lol is Marlon Byrd model based off Delmon Young??

# 42 thaSLAB @ 04/08/14 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
lol is Marlon Byrd model based off Delmon Young??
Haha I think Delmon was the original body double for that physique

htcONE [M8] | Tapatalk Pro

# 43 gator3guy @ 04/08/14 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
no not at all.
It looks nothing like the video. The dirt kind of looks like when they play an "On Deck" series before the regular season, after a cold winter, where the field gets real dry and the grounds crew didn't have enough time to properly manicure the field.

Now that would be fine if it correlated with the weather, but we both know that's not going to happen.

Am I being picky? Probably, but it just kind of makes the whole atmosphere look dull. That's my hometown team so I will be playing there more than once. Maybe its an old build. Maybe the lighting was off. Maybe it was the Youtube quality. I just made an observation. I'm hoping for the best. There were some promising qualities as well.

# 44 rspencer86 @ 04/09/14 12:26 AM
Royals offense scoring 9 runs in a game that James Shields pitches? NOT SIM.

The lighting at night is dope. It will be nice to someday bid farewell to these player models, though.

# 45 bodhiball @ 04/09/14 12:33 AM
anyone else notice the fans reaching for the homerun? Thought this was not going to be in this year.

# 46 bwiggy33 @ 04/09/14 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhiball
anyone else notice the fans reaching for the homerun? Thought this was not going to be in this year.
I'm pretty sure the fans have always reached for the HR, it's just that they never caught it. The catching part of it was said to be in at first, but then had to be removed.

# 47 brent3419 @ 04/09/14 02:16 AM
dat lighting oofff!!! those graphics!!! sweeett!!! especially that josh willingham shot with him warming up, from a distance you would think its on a hd broadcast

# 48 NatsFan95 @ 04/09/14 08:02 AM
looks no different, might buy the ps3 version, can't believe they've delayed it by an extra month when it looks the same

# 49 LastActionHero @ 04/09/14 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatsFan95
looks no different, might buy the ps3 version, can't believe they've delayed it by an extra month when it looks the same

Ok bye. .

# 50 tnixen @ 04/09/14 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
It looks nothing like the video. The dirt kind of looks like when they play an "On Deck" series before the regular season, after a cold winter, where the field gets real dry and the grounds crew didn't have enough time to properly manicure the field.

Now that would be fine if it correlated with the weather, but we both know that's not going to happen.

Am I being picky? Probably, but it just kind of makes the whole atmosphere look dull. That's my hometown team so I will be playing there more than once. Maybe its an old build. Maybe the lighting was off. Maybe it was the Youtube quality. I just made an observation. I'm hoping for the best. There were some promising qualities as well.
Well maybe in MLB 15 The Show Sony can have the grounds crew water down the infield dirt before every game just like in real life? And as the game goes on it will stat to dry

This will be on my wish list for MLB 15 The Show.

# 51 Bruinboy @ 04/09/14 10:54 AM
Quote:
Wow ... looks vastly improved to me. Amazing what others see or don't see. Thrilled I purchased a PS4 in anticipation of this game. Maybe it has something to do with all the rain in the UK

# 52 BSUFAN @ 04/09/14 11:24 AM
Quote:
Well I have been playing the PS3 version and the PS4 does not look the same visually at all possibly game play wise. There is no comparison IMO.

http://youtu.be/6wD9xShEx4g

# 53 OUSOONERS#1 @ 04/09/14 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
I have been playing the PS3 version and the PS4 does not look the same visually at all possibly game play wise. There is no comparison IMO.

http://youtu.be/6wD9xShEx4g
The only diff visually wise I see is the lighting .. The gameplay the player models all look ported over .. Which i can understand being first year and not a true develepmeant cycle jus little disappointed that they didnt scrap all the player models and start anew on the PS4 . Hopefully 2015 the Show we get diff player models and diff gameplay

# 54 ShowTyme15 @ 04/09/14 12:12 PM
LOL I love how people like to throw around the word "ported" like it's going out of style.

# 55 OUSOONERS#1 @ 04/09/14 12:13 PM
Was also hoping for a create your own stadium franchise kinda mode this year so hopefully it gets put on the to do list for 2015

# 56 OUSOONERS#1 @ 04/09/14 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
LOL I love how people like to throw around the word "ported" like it's going out of style.
What word would you like to use ? Ported , reused , rehashed either way they are the same and not new or diff ..

# 57 burjeffton @ 04/09/14 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERS#1
What word would you like to use ? Ported , reused , rehashed either way they are the same and not new or diff ..
To your point, yes, they used a lot of the same assets. But the game looks GORGEOUS compared to the PS3. Give it time - as the PS4 becomes the focus during the next year we will see a lot of great improvements.

# 58 SVCbearcat10 @ 04/09/14 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERS#1
The only diff visually wise I see is the lighting .. The gameplay the player models all look ported over .. Which i can understand being first year and not a true develepmeant cycle jus little disappointed that they didnt scrap all the player models and start anew on the PS4 . Hopefully 2015 the Show we get diff player models and diff gameplay
Not sure why you want different gameplay. You might want more refinements to the gameplay but scraping the gameplay makes no sense. If you want different gameplay, go buy MLB2K or RBI Baseball. This is the best sports game at replicating it's real-life counterpart.

Player model improvements will come with time. If you are disappointed, then rethink your expectations. It took them an entire generation to reach it's current point. You expect them to basically double that progress in a shortened development cycle release? Basically create an entirely new game in less than a year with zero issues when most games take years to complete? It's very impressive for them to rebuild all stadiums and have it fully featured in the amount of time they had to work with.

In my opinion, next-gen put developers in a lose-lose situation. If they changed gameplay or changed too much graphically (with less quality control as the trade off), then they would get torn apart. There's a large audience tearing them apart that enough hasn't changed from current to next-gen. They have a plan for bettering the game next-gen. My guess is that The Show year 3 will feel very different this year's release. We all should be thankful that we're growing with a great foundation of a sports game, unlike other franchises for other sports. It will take time but it will be worth the wait; meanwhile still playing the top rated sports game on the market.

# 59 burjeffton @ 04/09/14 12:46 PM
^ THIS.

# 60 Brooklynnets24 @ 04/09/14 12:54 PM
I was hoping this game wasn't just an updated graphics port which it looks like sadly. Been holding out on a PS4 for this game but i'm in no rush. I didn't expect much from a first year new gen sports game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.