Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

NBA 2K14 patch #5 is available now for the PS4. It should arrive for Xbox One users within 48 hours. Check out the patch notes below.

UPDATE: The patch is available now for Xbox One users.

General
  • Voice Chat should now be much more reliable when three or more people on a team are voice-enabled.
  • Fixed an issue where users would not see server-based content (thumbnails in the store, NBA Today video, clothes in The Park) when signing into a first party account after having already booted the game.
  • Fixed an in issue in MyCAREER where an in-game save (specifically, in the game before you were set to receive your own signature shoe) would freeze when attempting to later load the file.
  • In MyCAREER, the On-Court Coach signature skill will now properly allow you to call plays when equipped.
  • In MyGM, fixed an issue where no players would appear (in specific circumstances) in the list when attempting to propose a trade.
  • Fixed in issue in Online Leagues that prevented some users from being able to matchmake against select other users. Online Leagues in general should be much more stable now.
  • Duplicate players (the same player from different years) are no longer allowed in the same lineup for a MyTEAM game, as was originally intended.
  • The default quarter length in MyCAREER has been reset to 6 minute quarters, as originally intended. Users are welcome to re-adjust as necessary.

The Park
  • Addressed an issue where specific player types were unable to complete alley-oops.
  • Users will no longer experience a freeze when loading into The Park after previously playing a different MyCAREER file that was terminated by quitting out of the Rookie Showcase.
  • Fixed an issue where players would sometimes stop moving or even skip/glitch around the court when spectating a game.
  • Fixed an issue where a game would sometimes disconnect when another player quit the match.
  • Players will no longer get stuck after lining up to start a game if another user drops/quits right as the game is about to start.
  • Addressed a very rare crash that would occur when users would spam their controllers while waiting on a ‘Got Next’ spot.
  • Fixed an issue where a user playing on controller two will not up in The Park on other user’s screens.
  • A number of other smaller Park changes have been made to increase the stability and overall performance of this feature.

NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Knicks_Tape @ 05/20/14 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sO100
I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT ANY OF THAT!!!!! I WANT A FREAKIN FREE AGENCY IN MYCAREER!!!!

This. It's 2014...should be pretty easy to get the basics down at this point.

# 22 wallofhate @ 05/20/14 07:39 PM
That probably was the hold up. The kicks probably caused glitches and they had to scrap that part of the update. The kicks if was waiting for so it kinda sucks but hey still like the game hopefully next year 2k gets things in better shape which I believe they will

# 23 Sports fanantic @ 05/20/14 07:41 PM
That Target's triple trade in value is coming into good use. Going tomorrow to trade in this thing.

# 24 wrestlinggod1 @ 05/20/14 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
That Target's triple trade in value is coming into good use. Going tomorrow to trade in this thing.
Better do that sooner than later. The trade value already went down by a couple of dollars.

# 25 Elbowz @ 05/20/14 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallofhate
That probably was the hold up. The kicks probably caused glitches and they had to scrap that part of the update. The kicks if was waiting for so it kinda sucks but hey still like the game hopefully next year 2k gets things in better shape which I believe they will
If that is indeed the case, then that's pathetic.... we're in next gen and 2K can't add something as miniscule as a freakin' shoe without F'n up something else? Inexcusable at this point

# 26 KyotoCarl @ 05/20/14 07:56 PM
Patch notes doesn't mention it but was auto playcalling in MyCareer fixed?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

# 27 knick9 @ 05/20/14 08:00 PM
First thing I see at the Park are two broken courts lol.

# 28 @marcusjiles @ 05/20/14 08:11 PM
My goodness. Im not surprised at all at what little they fixed according to these patch notes, Im just a little surprised all these problems were in the game still. This is 1st patch stuff if these problems ship at all.

Cant wait for 2K15. Hell, Live 15 (am I crazy??) for that matter. Some pressure on 2k, especially with it's MyCareer Mode. Live 15, if anything a fresh experience.

I do remember shoes being put in? Hope the high-top Kobe 9's are in. Just something I can actually use with this patch.

# 29 nascar163 @ 05/20/14 08:16 PM
This patch is still missing a very BIG fix. Every time you get to anywhere around 2029-2032 in MyGM, the game crashes at the same date every time you try to sim past it (or play a game on that date.) The crash happens at different times every time you make a new MyGM. That fix was done for MyCareer, but NEVER for MyGM because the 2K crew never simmed that far.

# 30 thewb27 @ 05/20/14 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
No shoes yet or possibly ever.......??....
Seriously...out of everything wrong with this game you're THAT concerned with JUST the shoes? Smh..

# 31 eaglepoint @ 05/20/14 08:49 PM
If the shoes weren't in the game as promised, then dammit Ronnie say so. The people shouldn't find out after opening the update to go....heyyy the..there isn't any shoes/ *ronnie* um yeahh bout that..

# 32 thewb27 @ 05/20/14 09:13 PM
Quote:
I only play quick games, yes their are issues with the game and I pray they are fixed for everyone to enjoy this game but as someone who only plays quick play I was looking forward to the shoes being added. Your tone indictates disbelief in someone having a different view on the patch and how it effects others then urself. I think you need to should think before you speak.
The last few sentences were all kinds of pretentious....I asked you a question and didn't attack you. Nothing I wrote should make me think before I speak(post). Thanks anyway.

# 33 DirtyJerz32 @ 05/20/14 09:28 PM
This is really sad IMO. Looks like they only care about online, but haven't done anything to fix servers online. Hmmm... What?

# 34 TerryP @ 05/20/14 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
Took advantage of this offer earlier today, got a $48 gift card. Had some fun with it for a few months but I'm ready for the next version.

# 35 CoachDavid @ 05/20/14 09:58 PM
DONE.. uninstalling from my Xbox!!!

# 36 Elbowz @ 05/20/14 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewb27
Seriously...out of everything wrong with this game you're THAT concerned with JUST the shoes? Smh..
To be fair, there are people who play this game who aren't that interested in MyTeam, or The Park....or even MyCareer. As such, whatever "fixes" are released with a patch that pertains to those modes...they don't care about. But the point is, in the original post about what this patch was supposed to fix, a SHOE UPDATE was specified to be included and lo and behold there is no shoe update. Just because it's not at the top of your concern doesn't mean it shouldn't be a big deal to others...ie: sneaker heads

# 37 XxMostPuredxX @ 05/20/14 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstate_510
I'm watching the 2k stream right now they said they fixed some gameplay stuff but wasn't included in the patch notes(don't know why)but they're not telling us what they fixed
LOL they lied

# 38 KingTocco @ 05/20/14 10:12 PM
Quote:
So I assume they said nothing of the shoes ?
Nah they didn't unfortunately. You getting the Carmine's this weekend though?

# 39 Bowinkle08 @ 05/20/14 10:33 PM
did they add the new shoes too?

# 40 ShogunTake @ 05/20/14 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewb27
The last few sentences were all kinds of pretentious....I asked you a question and didn't attack you. Nothing I wrote should make me think before I speak(post). Thanks anyway.
Right because 'smh' is a perfectly healthy compliment in this world.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.