Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

GoodGameBro has posted some very extensive hands-on impressions of EA Sports UFC, including details on the fully featured tutorial mode, presentation, gameplay, individuality, authenticity, blood, soundtrack and much more.

UPDATE: To go along with Corey's impressions, Brian has also posted his impressions, which can be read here.

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Pappy Knuckles @ 05/26/14 11:47 AM

GoodGameBro has posted some very extensive hands-on impressions of EA Sports UFC, including details on the fully featured tutorial mode, presentation, gameplay, individuality, authenticity, blood, soundtrack and much more.

UPDATE: To go along with Corey's impressions, Brian has also posted his impressions, which can be read here.

# 2 Pappy Knuckles @ 05/26/14 11:50 AM
Wow @ 100 licensed songs. Hearing Anderson coming out to DMX is gonna be awesome.

# 3 LingeringRegime @ 05/26/14 12:12 PM
This sounds awesome.

Quote:
And the blood… oh, the blood…

During one match where I took Cain Velasquez and matched him up against Junior Dos Santos, a match that spanned 5 rounds and a split-decision victory, I saw both fighters take various cuts and bruises, as the game’s body and face deformation was on full display. It was so bad in fact that by the end of the fight, there was blood covering the mat and all over Junior Dos Santos’ back from a cut over my eye after gaining Dos Santos’ back in one of the later rounds. There was also blood all over my chest, his chest and flying through the air during attacks. While this version doesn’t include cut stoppages and doctors, the damage is felt on each fighter, and the gore is about as realistic as it has ever been. You’ll know when you’ve been in a brawl.

Nice that fatigue seems to be a real factor.

# 4 8and9 @ 05/26/14 01:31 PM
I hope Mike Easton comes out Mambo Sauce "Welcome to DC".

# 5 DaveDQ @ 05/26/14 03:48 PM
Great information on the stamina there. I'm excited to play this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 6 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 05/26/14 04:40 PM
Very disappointed that you can't fake strikes. This is a huge omission but everything else sounds great.

# 7 MAGboyswifT27 @ 05/26/14 06:58 PM
Be cool if they make TJ Dillashaw and put that Red Hot CP song he came out to. Crazy upset and performance by the kid. Great news for the presentation aspect of the game.

# 8 eaglepoint @ 05/26/14 07:19 PM
Realy pumped for this game. Since it's Ea xbox one and Ps4 should have the same amount of graphics and fps. (I have both but I'll get it on xbox one) when does the demo come out?

# 9 redsrule @ 05/26/14 07:36 PM
They say the cuts look awesome which is cool but still no doctor stoppages...

# 10 Factzzz @ 05/26/14 07:42 PM
This review has got me way more pumped for the release of this game now.

I want to hear more on the career mode, but this game sounds like it should be great.

# 11 CoreySA @ 05/26/14 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
This review has got me way more pumped for the release of this game now.

I want to hear more on the career mode, but this game sounds like it should be great.
We'll have a Career hands-on preview up tomorrow am for UFC over on GoodGameBro.

# 12 CaliDude916 @ 05/26/14 08:32 PM
Quote:
And the blood… oh, the blood…

During one match where I took Cain Velasquez and matched him up against Junior Dos Santos, a match that spanned 5 rounds and a split-decision victory, I saw both fighters take various cuts and bruises, as the game’s body and face deformation was on full display. It was so bad in fact that by the end of the fight, there was blood covering the mat and all over Junior Dos Santos’ back from a cut over my eye after gaining Dos Santos’ back in one of the later rounds. There was also blood all over my chest, his chest and flying through the air during attacks. While this version doesn’t include cut stoppages and doctors, the damage is felt on each fighter, and the gore is about as realistic as it has ever been. You’ll know when you’ve been in a brawl.
DEAR GOD ALMIGHTY. This is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

# 13 Steve_OS @ 05/26/14 08:51 PM
Updated the OP, Brian has also posted his impressions.

http://www.goodgamebro.com/community...ressions.1009/

# 14 The JareBear @ 05/27/14 10:51 AM
I really enjoyed reading these impressions. I found them mostly genuine and not too much "I am gonna hype it up so I get invited back" going on.

I am pretty excited for this one to hit the shelves.

# 15 aholbert32 @ 05/27/14 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreySA
We'll have a Career hands-on preview up tomorrow am for UFC over on GoodGameBro.
Great job on the impressions man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

# 16 ManiacMatt1782 @ 05/27/14 12:46 PM
I was wondering if you noticed, if early countering that was in EA MMA and UFC undisputed 3 mad it in. this was noticibly absent from Fight night champion. What I mean by "early counters" is when you have someone predictable or swinging wild, and you time a straight or a hook, that lands before they can throw as they are moving in. Landing in this way leads is usually what leads to guys being rocked and KO'd in real life. And overly agressive guys have this lannded on them a lot. They swing a wild hook and miss, try to follow up with another wild hook, but the smart patient fighter, trying to counter the missed hook, lands as wildman is winding up for another and has all of his momentum moving into the counter shot. Knowing it was the fight night team that worked on this has me worried that early counters may once again be left out.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.