Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

Check out the latest EA Sports UFC gameplay video featuring Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate. Also be sure to check out the latest blog, as creative director Brian Hayes provides even more details about the submission system.

Quote:
The HUD consists of four gates that surround the fighters on screen. A blue Right Stick icon will appear in each of these gates informing the defending fighter that they can move their right stick in any direction. If the defending fighter can push one of these Right Stick icons all the way to the outside of the submission HUD, they’ll escape the submission.

Resistance comes into play when the attacking fighter looks to block the escape. As the defending fighter attempts to move their Right Stick icon to the to the outside of the HUD, the icon will turn red letting the attacker know they need to resist the escape by moving their own Right Stick in the same direction. When the attacking fighter does so, the defender cannot escape in that direction and has to try another.

Progression comes into play when after an escape is blocked for a period of time, the attacking fighter will see a Left Stick icon appear over one of the gates. Flicking the Left Stick in that direction will allow the submission to progress to the next stage and force the defending fighter to restart their escape from scratch. Flicking the Left Stick too late or in the wrong direction will make it easier for the defending fighter to escape.

A fighter’s submission rating and stamina during a fight dictate how difficult it will be to escape or lock in the submission.

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 1 chrisphil1724 @ 05/27/14 10:23 AM
"It's as simple as that."

What? Simple isn't the word I was thinking of...maybe it's easy to handle after you've tried it?

# 2 woody2goody @ 05/27/14 10:31 AM
That seems like a confusing system but I'm sure it will be easier in practice.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

# 3 MAGboyswifT27 @ 05/27/14 11:16 AM
The system seems cool but I hope it's not that simple as mentioned earlier..

# 4 @marcusjiles @ 05/27/14 11:30 AM
Poor Miesha Tate lol.

# 5 Bowinkle08 @ 05/27/14 11:45 AM
interesting. i like it. strange that the octagon disappeared then reappeared though.

# 6 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/27/14 11:55 AM
It would be nice if somebody figured out a way to do a submission system without a giant HUD in the center in the screen. Make the submission win and loss chances based strictly on ratings and stamina instead of doing a mini game.

# 7 stlpimpmonsta @ 05/27/14 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
It would be nice if somebody figured out a way to do a submission system without a giant HUD in the center in the screen. Make the submission win and loss chances based strictly on ratings and stamina instead of doing a mini game.
They had one in EA MMA It was simple and was ratings based but people thought it was "too easy".

Sent from my LG-LS696 using Tapatalk 2

# 8 ghettofocker @ 05/27/14 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by @marcusjiles
Poor Miesha Tate lol.
Yes Please!

# 9 victorkingchamp @ 05/27/14 05:56 PM
I like the system. No complaints here. it's straight forward and doesn't look like a chore to execute.

# 10 The JareBear @ 05/27/14 05:58 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I would prefer something like Pulse Pitching in MLB. Based on ratings mostly, with a little bit of user feedback involved.

# 11 woody2goody @ 05/28/14 08:47 AM
Yeah there needs to be at least some degree of user input, so even if the submission is a slam dunk you should still have to put a little effort in to get it.

# 12 fballturkey @ 05/28/14 01:58 PM
At the end of the day most people enjoy having considerable control over what happens in the game, so a strictly ratings based submission system probably isn't going to happen.

This system looks potentially good, but it'll take hands-on time to tell. It's actually pretty similar looking to the Undisputed system at its core.

# 13 woody2goody @ 05/28/14 02:05 PM
Strictly ratings-based would be awful.

# 14 BezO @ 05/28/14 02:38 PM
Quote:
I don't want it strickly ratings & stamina based, but definitely without the HUD. That's one of the ugliest, most distracting I've seen.

That's enough to make me pass on this.

I've been saying this all last gen. It's even more puzzling now. With graphics & animations as good as they are, why not rely on the player models for this, stamina & damage?

# 15 aholbert32 @ 05/28/14 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I don't want it strickly ratings & stamina based, but definitely without the HUD. That's one of the ugliest, most distracting I've seen.

I've been saying this all last gen. It's even more puzzling now. With graphics & animations as good as they are, why not rely on the player models for this, stamina & damage?
How would you do that though?

How would the average person know that a triangle or RNC is getting close to finish by just looking at a player model?

# 16 jeremym480 @ 05/28/14 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
How would you do that though?

How would the average person know that a triangle or RNC is getting close to finish by just looking at a player model?
Hey, I know..... BBTS

Spoiler

# 17 woody2goody @ 05/28/14 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO

Just curious to know why a HUD of all things would stop you buying a game? Do you not want to see if the system works first?

My opinion but it seems a bit trivial.

# 18 aholbert32 @ 05/28/14 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Hey, I know..... BBTS

Spoiler
LOL. Stop please Stop. I hated the shine.

# 19 Pappy Knuckles @ 05/28/14 04:06 PM
The shine jacked up my analog sticks something serious. Glad to see that not being part of this game. The new submission system seems alright to me, but I guess I won't really know until I have my hands on the game.

# 20 Phobia @ 05/28/14 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
The shine jacked up my analog sticks something serious. Glad to see that not being part of this game. The new submission system seems alright to me, but I guess I won't really know until I have my hands on the game.
Not just my sticks but also my palm. Palm blisters were the real deal in UFC 2009/10 lol I don't remember which it was.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.