Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

AiiRxJONES has posted a Madden NFL 15 video containing some more gameplay footage, as well as more information about the new play call system.

If you are fan of this video, make sure you subscribe to his channel here.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 dghustla @ 06/17/14 10:30 AM
Players look like they are moving lighting fast.
Coverage looks a little more improved.
accuracy finally looks like it's going to be a factor.

I've asked a few times but haven't gotten an answer.

Will the previous play information be available in every game on all game modes?

# 42 dghustla @ 06/17/14 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Real-time physics/player movement is STILL broken. I saw several times where a WR with a free release was able to get to 12 yards in 1.27 seconds. The fastest any player has ever run a 10-yard split in ideal conditions with fresh legs and no pads was only 1.40 seconds.

The players are still accelerating WAY TOO FAST to be considered "realistic".

I really don't care to hear about the speed threshold either. That shouldn't matter. The game should be made with one setting, IMO: True-To-Life.

This superhuman acceleration is NOT true to life. Unreal.
That's also hurts pass rush and passing pockets. The WRs are able to blaze 10 yards in .8 seconds but the DEs can't go 3 yards in the same amount of time. And the ball is out before any type of pocket can be made many times.

# 43 hanzsomehanz @ 06/17/14 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_reed05
mannn I get your points and i'm all for any improvements to madden... me personally just give me better graphics and new rosters every year and i'm happy... anything else is just a plus.... but at the end of the day its a video game... so when you get into the science of it by saying on the game a plyer gets up the field in this amount of seconds and in real life its this amount of seconds is CRAZY!!! thats just like in real life its 15min quarters and 3-5 min commercials. do you want that in madden also??? all im saying is a game is a game and life is life... sure madden could use improvements but some of u guys expect to much..
Realism must still be respected: in some areas you may disagree but in some areas, such as the architechture of the field, realism must be respected in measurements and landmarks.

Speed is a measurement of distance over time and must be appropriated universally just as distance and time are..

Without the realistic appropriation of speed, acceleration, and velocities (on the football and players): we lose touch with the great essence of the game: movement and how it is experienced in real life should be replicated in here by now on the fundamental levels of physics.

One of the reasons some of us lose the immersion in gameplay mode is becase running strides are elongated unnaturally and are uncharcteristically twitchy, like a heroine addict who needs his fix.

Yes, the game is scaled down but like an architect who scales down a project into a blueprint form: Madden can take Football proportions, strides, and speeds and scale them down to the video game and process them through pixels.

EA already scales the field to be proportioned properly w the appropriate landmarks but could you imagine if the players in the game were presented like the average height was 7ft in real life? This distortion would affect movements and the practicality of certain plays which is why the neccessary balances must be appropriated.

It is a pity that the running animations which are more like hummingbird movements than human football movements, are present to appease the users who cannot handle realistic human (Football) steers and movements and need to bend the human rules to benefit from the graces of the virtual possibilities.

We need someone with a trained eye to speak on what he sees: members such as yourself can remain a casual participant in the discussions but there is no need to consider another man's findings "crazy" merely because they are above your thought processes.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

# 44 hanzsomehanz @ 06/17/14 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
That's also hurts pass rush and passing pockets. The WRs are able to blaze 10 yards in .8 seconds but the DEs can't go 3 yards in the same amount of time. And the ball is out before any type of pocket can be made many times.
Thank-you!

# 45 dghustla @ 06/17/14 11:39 AM
Quote:
mannn I get your points and i'm all for any improvements to madden... me personally just give me better graphics and new rosters every year and i'm happy... anything else is just a plus.... but at the end of the day its a video game... so when you get into the science of it by saying on the game a plyer gets up the field in this amount of seconds and in real life its this amount of seconds is CRAZY!!! thats just like in real life its 15min quarters and 3-5 min commercials. do you want that in madden also??? all im saying is a game is a game and life is life... sure madden could use improvements but some of u guys expect to much..
I understand your opinion but I also have to disagree with you. The players movement speed doesn't have to be identical to their real life 40 speed but it has to be properly portioned to all other players on the field or quit simply the game doesn't work properly.
I had a post last year when they spoke about adding pockets. Where i broke down a youtube film of Mike Wallace highlights, and showing the time it took him to reach certain yard markers during live play. Mike Wallace has been timed running the 40 around 4.37 seconds. In live football action it took him upwards of 5.7-7 seconds to reach these yard markers. A 5.5 40time at the combine would make many scouts consider him a slow WR.
I don't have a problem with Madden allowing WRs to get down field in 4 seconds or less but that also means that pass rush needs to be 4 seconds or less. If your QB is holding the ball long enough for players to get 40+ yards down-field he should making throws under duress or taking big hits.

# 46 l_reed05 @ 06/17/14 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Realism must still be respected: in some areas you may disagree but in some areas, such as the architechture of the field, realism must be respected in measurements and landmarks.

Speed is a measurement of distance over time and must be appropriated universally just as distance and time are..

Without the realistic appropriation of speed, acceleration, and velocities (on the football and players): we lose touch with the great essence of the game: movement and how it is experienced in real life should be replicated in here by now on the fundamental evels of physics.

One of the reasons some of us lose the immersion in gameplay mode is becase running strides are elongated unnaturally and are uncharcteristically twitchy, like a heroine addict who needs his fix.

Yes, the game is scaled down but like an architect who scales down a project into a blueprint form: Madden can take Football proportions, strides, and speeds and scale them down to the video game and process them through pixels.

EA already scales the field to be proportioned properly w the appropriate landmarks but could you imagine if the players in the game were presentrd like the average height was 7ft in real life? This distortion would affect movements and the practicality of certain plays which is way the neccessary balances must be appropriated.

It is a pity that the running animations which are more like hummingbird movements than human football movements, are present to appease the users who cannot handle realistic human (Football) steers and movements and need to bend the human rules to benefit from the graces of the virtual possibilities.

We need someone with a trained eye to speak on what he sees: members such as yourself can remain a casual participant in the discussions but there is no need to consider another man's findings "crazy" merely because they are above your thought processes.

I have to agree with you... I guess the real difference here is how serious you take the game... so your whole breakdown makes me realize you take this game far more serious than I do.... like I said for me its simple.. better graphics and new rosters would satisfy me. I think you took my "crazy" comment as a shot at you when I was only using it as a figure of speech.... What i've learned over my years of playing video games is the more you expect the more you will be disappointed... when your expectations are set so high you will overlook a decent game only because you were expecting perfection... to me it sound like the only way you will be satisfied is if you go to a stadium with a ps4 controller and sit in the crowd and act like your playing Madden... but all in all u have good points.. i'm not knocking you for your "above thought process" just relating my thoughts to the subject....

# 47 l_reed05 @ 06/17/14 11:58 AM
Quote:
I understand your opinion but I also have to disagree with you. The players movement speed doesn't have to be identical to their real life 40 speed but it has to be properly portioned to all other players on the field or quit simply the game doesn't work properly.
I had a post last year when they spoke about adding pockets. Where i broke down a youtube film of Mike Wallace highlights, and showing the time it took him to reach certain yard markers during live play. Mike Wallace has been timed running the 40 around 4.37 seconds. In live football action it took him upwards of 5.7-7 seconds to reach these yard markers. A 5.5 40time at the combine would make many scouts consider him a slow WR.
I don't have a problem with Madden allowing WRs to get down field in 4 seconds or less but that also means that pass rush needs to be 4 seconds or less. If your QB is holding the ball long enough for players to get 40+ yards down-field he should making throws under duress or taking big hits.
I def agree.... but its not a deal breaker for me...or on another note... I HATE how when you throw a interception... and a O-lineman catches a CB in open field..

# 48 dghustla @ 06/17/14 12:16 PM
Quote:
I have to agree with you... I guess the real difference here is how serious you take the game... so your whole breakdown makes me realize you take this game far more serious than I do.... like I said for me its simple.. better graphics and new rosters would satisfy me. I think you took my "crazy" comment as a shot at you when I was only using it as a figure of speech.... What i've learned over my years of playing video games is the more you expect the more you will be disappointed... when your expectations are set so high you will overlook a decent game only because you were expecting perfection... to me it sound like the only way you will be satisfied is if you go to a stadium with a ps4 controller and sit in the crowd and act like your playing Madden... but all in all u have good points.. i'm not knocking you for your "above thought process" just relating my thoughts to the subject....
Ppl aren't looking for perfection, it's just some ppl have higher standards. To your own admission your standards are low to prevent disappointment. Mostly though ppl just want to the game to work the way the devs say it does. This isn't an attempt to convince you to like Madden less, but think about this, the current dev team just came out and indirectly admitted that QB accuracy flat out hasn't mattered/worked in Madden a half decade. Sure we all saw it didn't work and the Terrell Pryors of the world became go to Franchise QBs, but now it's been confirmed what we all suspected. Yet for at least a half decade no prior dev team cared about fixing. t.

# 49 dghustla @ 06/17/14 12:18 PM
Quote:
I def agree.... but its not a deal breaker for me...or on another note... I HATE how when you throw a interception... and a O-lineman catches a CB in open field..
I agree with you that the game isn't bad. Just some areas that you have to really overlook to enjoy it at times.

# 50 K_GUN @ 06/17/14 12:26 PM
were any of the vids on *Slow or Very Slow* game speed?.....that's what I end up doing...that & that player separation slider

# 51 tha_show256 @ 06/17/14 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I have a way that I feel about this game and so do you. I'm not preaching anything and in the past yeah I used to try to get people to think more positive about the game, but now, now I'm just giving an honest opinion. The problem is that everyone is used to being pessimistic and negative, that the slightest bit of positivity or optimism, is seen as overbearing and embarrassing. In most people's opinion the game hasn't improved and never can whatever, in my opinion it has and will continue to greatly. I see no difference. We're at opposite sides of the spectrum and we both are passionate about what we believe.

As far as Madden 15 blowing people away, I said I believeMadden 15 will blow us away. I had no idea we would be getting so little amounts of footage which makes it harder to be impressed. We still haven't seen how a game plays out from beginning to end even.I still think it will blow people away once they put the controller in their hand, but I realize some need to see more to be impressed, some will never see enough, some will never accept a EA football title, and some will be happy because its football, that's just the way it is. Do what's best for you, don't worry about me or what others think.
Quote of the day right here! Church!!!!

# 52 hanzsomehanz @ 06/17/14 01:09 PM
Quote:
Yes!

The principle of balance is key to this end: what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

It is really as you simplified it - no gray matter to comb thru.

# 53 wordtobigbird @ 06/17/14 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
We've been hearing this for how many years now? When im 40 years old they'll finally get it right at this point
And like he said, if you can't see the difference now you being 40 or 60 won't help..

# 54 hawley088 @ 06/17/14 05:20 PM
I guess they forgot to add the real time celebrations to the kickers? They still just stand there bent over not moving after making a kick LOL

# 55 jpdavis82 @ 06/17/14 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
I guess they forgot to add the real time celebrations to the kickers? They still just stand there bent over not moving after making a kick LOL
Lol no I've seen the kicker celebrate in a video too. You guys are so skeptical of every little thing that it's become comical. Don't worry you'll be entertaining us more for years because it will become more and more obvious who is disgruntled with EA, not calling YOU one, but it's the truth about it becoming obvious. Some of you are waiting for perfection and some believe that games in the past had things in them that weren't as properly executed in reality as your memory seems to recall.

Antodaboss' video at 4:46 shows Dawson celebrating a fg.
http://youtu.be/NrKYDuZVbas

# 56 FBall Life @ 06/17/14 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Lol no I've seen the kicker celebrate in a video too. You guys are so skeptical of every little thing that it's become comical. Don't worry you'll be entertaining us more for years because it will become more and more obvious who is disgruntled with EA, not calling YOU one, but it's the truth about it becoming obvious. Some of you are waiting for perfection and some believe that games in the past had things in them that weren't as properly executed in reality as your memory seems to recall.

Antodaboss' video at 4:46 shows Dawson celebrating a fg.
http://youtu.be/NrKYDuZVbas
And it's obvious who here will defend Madden at every beck and call.

# 57 Aggies7 @ 06/17/14 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088

The need a package of about 10 kicker specific celebrations.

1) extra point - minimal celebration
2) mid game FG - minimal celebration
3) late game FG to tie or take lead - mild celebration
4) winning FG regular season - heavy celebration

For the rest increase them as the playoffs and Super Bowl come around.

# 58 jpdavis82 @ 06/17/14 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
And it's obvious who here will defend Madden at every beck and call.
If I'm right about something I'm not going to let misinformation get out.

# 59 jpdavis82 @ 06/17/14 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MossMan84
The problem with this: is that someone already said this 5yrs ago and someone will be saying it 5yrs from now! What will happen is: they will keep building on a broken game just to scrap it in a few years and start over with a new engine. Then they will come out and say "are new game is amazing, the old game was broken all along," similar to QB accuracy LOL! Technology gets crazy better all the time so its inevitable that this engine will be scrap! Hopefully this gen dont last 7-8yrs? Max gen life should be cut to 4-5yrs!
Maybe so but I highly doubt that will happen with this team, the improvement speaks for itself and Madden was one of the best sports games made before a lot of you can remember. Going back to 92, the good years FAR outweigh the bad so this isn't a EA issue, it's a dev team and lack of direction from 06-12 issue.

# 60 SamoanSteelerFromAus @ 06/17/14 07:57 PM
I think its insane that people are still hyping this game and criticising those who arent before it is even out. After dissapointment year after year we have every right to be critical and pessimistic. How about the company you love release something worth changing the consensus for once?
The problem is that we only have previous maddens to compare to, either that or NFL 2K5 (which really is a thorn in madden if we CAN STILL compare it to a game 9 years and two consoles ago).
And no, we are not after a perfect game just one that meets realistic expectations of where we are at in time which is the year 2014 - if you've played football games for as long as i have (since 95 on pc) you get an understanding of where football games should be by now as the technology evolves. Madden however falls short of where it SHOULD be.
I think Madden deserves all the scrutiny in the world, when you monopolize the market and release an inadequate product each year (coincidentally straight after monopolization) then they deserve every piece of flak they get on this site in my opinion.

Speaking of M25, there are still ridiculous issues with that game that have remained in it since previous titles. Why is it, whenever i have the ability to challenge a play and i choose not to, moments before the next play starts my team challenges it automatically? I have lost games cause i have had no timeouts because the game automatically challenges for me and EVERY SINGLE TIME the call has been upheld. This happened in madden 13!!!!! How does this get past QA??
So is me expecting the game not to screw me out of my timeouts is wanting a "perfect" game?
I could write a list of these types of things, how about the wind being reversed for not the first time in a madden game? Or how for three games in a row the CPU called timeouts at 1:01 in the second and fourth quarter.
Do you think 2K would overlook such small yet mind numbing details like this? I think we all know the answer. NBA 2K isn't a perfect game either, but it is leaps and bounds ahead of where madden is in terms of a sport title. Im not even an avid fan of the NBA but i find myself playing NBA 2K cause i find it an amazing and entertaining game, even last night i heard some commentary i've never heard before but when i put on M25 i hear Chris Simms say " dont try and be a heeero, cause when you try and be a heeero..." atleast twice a game. There is no personality in the commentary but the nba commentary actually makes me laugh at times. NBA 2K makes me enjoy NBA games because of how well it is executed. Madden causes me frustration cause im obsessed with football and can only get my fix through it and yet i know we should have a far better product by now, which is why i still go back to All pro football 2K8 which to this day, i still think is the best football game out.

These games just seem incomplete, rushed and poorly executed. Why has it taken 10 years to focus on defense again? Defense is my favourite aspect of football and i've had to wait 10 years for them to give it attention? And all we get is new pass rush moves? (not even gonna acknowledge the tackle cone) cmon, that could of been implemented years ago without all the "defensive focus" hype. The fact that pass rush moves have been assigned to the analog this long was a joke anyway, the amount of times i've hit stick tackled cause i've broken a block without knowing it right away or pre-empted a block but flicked it too early is frustrating cause the stick is so unresponsive compared to buttons. Play All pro football 2k8 and you will find the best line play hands down, the moves being assinged to the triggers was great and we're talking about a game made in 07.
How about some new tackle animations? i see the same ones make it in the next game year after year.
before NBA 2K14 was released the devs reached out and asked the community what dunks they want to see in the game cause they were having their motion capture people working on it - how awesome is that?
Why can't we have an input in these tackles and break tackle animations? Why isn't there gang tackle animations still?
Don't care if i get banned from this site cause of these posts, im just sick of people telling me what i should expect when i've been playing football games for 20 years and i remember games like NFL quarterback club 2001 played great for its time straight out of the box, no need for elaborate sliders to make it decent. These games are still fresh in my memory and i miss having different titles to choose from.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.