Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports will be releasing NHL 15 screenshots from every NHL arena over the next few months. Today they have released screenshots of TD Garden and The Pepsi Center.

Quote:
The power of the next-gen consoles finally allows the NHL franchise to capture every detail of an NHL arena. Unique arena elements such as 19,000+ seat capacities, dynamic lighting, player entrance tunnels and much more are all captured with a level of detail not possible on the previous generation. This summer, NHL 15 will make home games will truly feel like home.

Previously released arena screenshots:Your thoughts?

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Sparkles @ 06/28/14 02:59 PM
The garden looks spectacular

# 2 Vice @ 06/28/14 03:02 PM
I can't get over the look of the crowd. I'd swear the shot of the Garden is right from a live broadcast.

# 3 Money99 @ 06/28/14 06:46 PM
Wow! This game is shaping up to be extremely realistic!
If you look closely, you can see in the Boston pick that Marchand has already taken a dive prior to the face-off.

# 4 giantsharks @ 06/28/14 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Lemme guess: The benches are on the wrong side here too, right?
HAHA i think both of those screens look amazing but at least for the bruins, yea the benches are on the wrong side.

# 5 ERA @ 06/28/14 11:45 PM
Wow, the Garden looks incredible. The best one we've seen yet IMO.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

# 6 drog1602 @ 06/29/14 10:18 AM
The Pepsi logo's are wrong on the bottom of the score board.

# 7 NeptunePirate @ 06/29/14 11:51 AM
This game looks amazing. I haven't purchased a NHL game in years, but this installment may find its way into my collection at release.

# 8 emericaridr11 @ 06/29/14 12:41 PM
Pepsi Center's Monster JumboTron, nice.... they all look good as heck so far
aesthetically speaking

# 9 spidertour02 @ 06/29/14 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jattbreed
Looks like the arenas forgot to pay the electricity bill for the upper section of the arena.
It's segregation! They're hiding all the crappy-looking, low-poly people up there while all the pretty high-polys get to sit closer to the ice! Somebody call the ACLU!

# 10 meep316 @ 06/29/14 08:58 PM
With regards to the Bruins being on the wrong bench, it's just a lack of attention to detail. It's not a game breaking thing or anything like that, but it just shows that they don't care enough to actually get it right. I mean it's the first thing I notice, the teams being on the wrong bench. The only reason why people talk about it so much, is because EA sets themselves up by preaching so much about arena authenticity, blah blah blah, and then they do that.

The fact that they've put so much emphasis on the fans in the crowd, and the real versions of Doc and Eddie being in the game (who cares about this?? Honestly. So they put them in front of a big screen, who the hell cares??? Yet Rammer hypes it as something that "no other sports game has ever done". which is technically true, but it's not even something that is remotely intriguing. People will watch it once and then skip it. God they annoy me.) should all be red flags that the gameplay and AI, and the real things that need to be fixed and improved, will not be.

# 11 kehlis @ 06/29/14 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twelveone
Can anyone confirm if every single stadium will be in NHL 15? Im going to be very unhappy is the United Center is omitted once again. I don't understand how NBA 2k14 and earlier have the United Center rights, but sports gaming "giant" EA Sports doesnt. The United Center was in these NHL games before too, that's what really chaps my ***.
Each arena will be in, having the actual name is a different matter.

# 12 meep316 @ 06/30/14 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
I care, seeing the outside of the arena before games and a properly presented intro with the PBP team to me is f'in awesome. I love immersion like that in sports games, but I'm one of those people who doesn't skip through replays and just likes to soak it all in and enjoy it. Nor am I the type to turn off commentary even if some of the old recorded lines from Thorne and Clement were cheesy as hell, if they truly have had Doc and Edzo be given a situation, then just freeform it 10 different ways so that the commentary sounds real, rather than canned, I'll be a happy camper on that front. For years people whined about presentation. Now EA goes all out on presentation and the same handful who complain every year, are still complaining.
The presentation means nothing if the gameplay and AI still sucks.

# 13 spidertour02 @ 06/30/14 02:47 AM
Quote:
Can anyone confirm if every single stadium will be in NHL 15? Im going to be very unhappy is the United Center is omitted once again. I don't understand how NBA 2k14 and earlier have the United Center rights, but sports gaming "giant" EA Sports doesnt. The United Center was in these NHL games before too, that's what really chaps my ***.
I feel you on this one. I've played digital hockey/basketball/boxing in "New York Arena" far too many times.

# 14 PhillyGuy11826 @ 06/30/14 01:28 PM
Quote:
It's Chicago Arena in UFC, so I wouldn't get my hopes up

# 15 spidertour02 @ 06/30/14 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGuy11826
It's Chicago Arena in UFC, so I wouldn't get my hopes up
I think each franchise has to negotiate rights separately, though. For example, Madison Square Garden is in NBA Live 14, but not NHL 14 (where it's "New York Arena").

# 16 zonadrk @ 07/01/14 04:31 PM
TD Garden = CRAP. Why? Bruins are on the WRONG bench. If it's in the game?

# 17 RickyAC @ 07/01/14 05:42 PM
I don't know if it's benches on the wrong side, or the flags on the wrong side, but Pepsi Center is wrong.

It's close, but wrong. I sit upper level on the "attack twice" end. The flag are to my left, the bench has their backs to me, and Varly is starting to my left.

If you change the flags to the other side, then the arena would be correct.

As far as the alignment of seating? Really close! Just minor tweaks would be needed for perfection.

Pepsi Vision looks AWESOME too! we were thrilled to get the real screen upgraded from the Clinton-era pixelator we had since the building opened and now I'm thrilled to see it accurately recreated here.

# 18 RickyAC @ 07/01/14 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jattbreed
Looks like the arenas forgot to pay the electricity bill for the upper section of the arena.
That's not the game. That's kinda how Pepsi Center is. The speaker system also sounds like one of Charlie Brown's teachers from the upper level.

# 19 RedVikings @ 07/01/14 07:06 PM
Quote:
I am not happy about it as a fellow Blackhawks fan. I can speculate that EA lost the licensing to the United Center after NHL 10 (2009). It more than likely has something to do with the United Airlines merger with Continental Airlines in 2010 (hence the change of logo for not only the airline but the center ice at the UC)... I hope it happens this year but if not the United Center naming rights ends in 2033, so hopefully by then...

# 20 bigwill33 @ 07/01/14 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
Except that the game play doesn't at all suck offline with the right sliders. The only issue is neutral zone pressure which I'm sure will get addressed.
Quit saying this, please. I have a list pages long of issues that can dispute your opinion. I'm glad you like the game. If you think it's great that's great. Buy it and be happy. Some people highly disagree and need to point issues out or they may never get worked on.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.