Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

EA Sports UFC patch version 1.02 is available now, which includes 3 new fighters (Takeya Mizugaki, TJ Dillashaw and Tyron Woodley) and quite a few fixes (as seen above).

EA Sports has also released a new trailer featuring the new fighters here.

Key Gameplay Updates:
  • Touch Gloves: Users will now have the ability to manually make their fighter touch gloves (or choose not to touch gloves) before beginning to fight by pressing L2 on PS4 or LB on Xbox One. This can be done at the start of every round, or anytime the ref stands the fighters up.
  • Finish the Fight: During a knockout, the attacking fighter can jump on their downed opponent and “finish the fight” by delivering extra strikes as the knockout occurs.
  • Sprawls: The defending fighter now sprawls when successfully defending against a power takedown.
  • Clinch Break from the Cage: Fighters now have the ability to break out of a clinch when pressed against the fence by pressing the L3 button.
  • Power Takedowns and Sweeps: Power takedowns and side control sweeps have been removed from fighters who would not normally have them.
  • Stamina: Stamina no longer regenerates if the user holds block. The user will also take a larger stamina penalty if hit while weak blocking.
  • Sweep Defense: The dominant fighter in the Full Guard position now has a larger window to reverse the Full Guard sweep to Mount.
Play a few matches and let us know what you think.

EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 41 pdandy @ 07/22/14 01:36 PM
Now this is surprising. A lot of great things listed in this patch. Haven't played the patched build yet but didn't expect finish the fight, sprawls and touch gloves to be added.

Removing power takedowns from certain fighters is one of the big things I asked for. Happy they at least made the full guard to mount sweep less successful. I understand why they did it this way now as removing it would have made blocking incredibly easy at this position. Bad request on my part.

The stamina changes look good on paper. I always thought stamina was decent with normal clock but killed things was the high volume of strikes. I'm glad now online stamina (acc clock) is addressed. We'll see if it has any impact on spamming.
Will wait for the AI tweaks in the next patch.

# 42 The JareBear @ 07/22/14 01:45 PM
I am very impressed with the patch notes. I hope this is the kind of support we receive for the next 18 months or so.

Can't wait to try it out. I am concerned with reports thts the CPU can't get the fight standing now since it relied on the overpowered sweep so much before. Anyway, can't wait to check it out.

Are people liking accel clock more or less now with the changes?

# 43 SwedishTouch76 @ 07/22/14 01:47 PM
The real test will be them standing by these changes. Especially sweep to full mount and stamina since most spammers want nothing to do with the ground.

# 44 GameplayDevUFC @ 07/22/14 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
What transitions can you do from full guard? I always thought it was standup with ls or sweep to full mount. Dumb question. If using a fighter that no longer has power takedowns what does he do? Just stand there or default to a regular takedown?
Not everyone has it but you can transition to rubber guard from full guard as well.

They will default to regular takedowns.

# 45 Benz87 @ 07/22/14 01:55 PM
Wow, nice patch. Awesome additions with the touch gloves and able to strike after a knockout. Surprised they could add animations, Developers always gave the impression this wasn't possible with other games. Maybe it is a benefits of next-gen?

# 46 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/22/14 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz87
Wow, nice patch. Awesome additions with the touch gloves and able to strike after a knockout. Surprised they could add animations, Developers always gave the impression this wasn't possible with other games. Maybe it is a benefits of next-gen?
More like a benefit of them not releasing a game next year, so therefore they can't use that standard line of we will just add it next year. If they want people to keep this game for 2 years, they have no choice but to add stuff in to keep people playing.

# 47 ManiacMatt1782 @ 07/22/14 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Not everyone has it but you can transition to rubber guard from full guard as well.

They will default to regular takedowns.
Does this mean characters without a power takedown cannot be sprawled?

# 48 GameplayDevUFC @ 07/22/14 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Does this mean characters without a power takedown cannot be sprawled?
My initial answer is yes...but I have a sneaking suspicion that it will still do the sprawl even if the guy is holding L1 when trying to do the takedown, despite not having it.

We needed a way to add the sprawl that didn't involve new control inputs.

We figured people were complaining about the risk/reward of power takedowns, so why not kill two birds with one stone.

Now that we've fixed the power takedown database bug though, you're right we'll see it a lot less than we would have.

I'm kind of toying with the idea of having it play on singles as well since they end up in side control, but other people are talking about making it timing based.

We may also just leave it the way it is (very likely).

I'm curious to hear people's opinion on it though.

# 49 The JareBear @ 07/22/14 02:40 PM
EDIT:

NEVERMIND, he does walk out, it just happened faster than normal

# 50 mosdef328 @ 07/22/14 02:44 PM
Quote:
My initial answer is yes...but I have a sneaking suspicion that it will still do the sprawl even if the guy is holding L1 when trying to do the takedown, despite not having it.

We figured people were complaining about the risk/reward of power takedowns, so why not kill two birds with one stone.

Now that we've fixed the power takedown database bug though, you're right we'll see it a lot less than we would have.

I'm kind of toying with the idea of having it play on singles as well since they end up in side control, but other people are talking about making it timing based.

My personal preference would be the more ways to get to this position the better. Now I'm purely an offline gamer, but if i'm playing as a fighter like Faber I really like to get my opponent back and finish the fight from there. At this point it seems kind of hard to do that, the sprawl makes it a bit easier. Can you possibly add a take down from the back clinch position where you end up in back side control or even full back control? That I think would be ideal. Great work on the patch, keep the new fighter releases coming!

# 51 LingeringRegime @ 07/22/14 02:59 PM
Look forward to giving it a try once I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 52 Rules @ 07/22/14 03:02 PM
Sweet as I just received my copy in the mail from Amazon today. I will get it up and going for the PS4 now.

# 53 allBthere @ 07/22/14 03:08 PM
I just noticed Alan Belcher isn't in the game - are there plans to add him?

The patch notes look cool. I'm doing a pure 100% offline career run through right now so I wonder how it will affect things. Probably I'll get more KO/TKO wins which is fine since I'm landing huge shots and sometimes feel like I'm fighting robots.

# 54 davidbix @ 07/22/14 03:13 PM
Quote:

In Undisputed and EA MMA, how far the takedown stuffing went was indeed timing based, so yeah, I'd vote for that on the non-power takedowns. Sprawl being the automatic way to stuff power takedowns is a nice happy medium for the time being, though.

# 55 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/22/14 03:13 PM
Yeah that Miz guy has no commentary for his name I noticed. But he is a beast, so is Woodley. TJ however is weak and gets knocked out pretty easy.

So things I noticed:

1. Leg kicks seem to do a hell of a lot more damage. You kick somebody's leg hard now and they will legit lock up from the impact. Where as before they would simply just walk through it as though nothing happened.

2. The AI is a hell of a lot more active on the ground now. They waste no time. I like this, I like this a lot. Before they seem to just chill out in side control not really pushing the pace at all. Now they are constantly trying to advance and attacking with sub attempts and strikes.

3. I noticed it is a lot easier to put the AI back to half guard from side control or full mount. I like this a lot too. Before way too often you would get stuck with the AI in side control just holding you down but not doing anything.

4. Over all I must say the guard is a TON more useful now. So you using a BJJ fighter, you can control people better in your guard and have an easier time putting people back to half guard and back into full guard. The AI does this a lot too now.

5. Combos are more deadly.

6. Counters do a TON of damage now. You can legit rock somebody now with a counter.

7. The AI goes for the kill now when they see you are tired or hurt. I love this.

8. You can no longer be held against the cage in the clinch forever. I love this.

Things I don't like, still needs to be fixed:

1. Ref stands you up even you punching a guy on the ground. WTF ? I was on this guys back, punching the hell out of him, he was just blocking and the ref stands us up. Same thing happens when you are in side control and knee'ng the body, the ref stands you up.

2. Single leg is still too easy to pull off. They need more variety to this animation.

3. The fighters need to be tuned to fight more like their real life counterparts.

4. The AI still tends to hold you in the double underhooks and over under positions without doing anything. They just hugging you basically.

Overall though, I am pleased with this patch.

Things I would like to see added:

1. Wall walk

2. Wizard

3. Standing submissions from the front and back

4. An easier way to take somebody's back on the ground. So far the only way I can take somebody's back is if they roll over and give up their back.

5. Knees to the body from back side control, a la GSP style.

6. Leg kick TKO

7. Slams out of arm bars and triangle attempts.

8. AI going after leg locks and ankle locks more. Seems like the only submissions they do 98% of the time are armbars, triangles and kimuras. So they really need to mix up submission attempts and make it more of a variety they will attempt if they posses the skill to do so.

# 56 aholbert32 @ 07/22/14 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
What transitions can you do from full guard? I always thought it was standup with ls or sweep to full mount. Dumb question. If using a fighter that no longer has power takedowns what does he do? Just stand there or default to a regular takedown?
You can transition by getting head control.

If it's AI, the will try normal takedowns. If it's human, the command won't register a takedown

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

# 57 aholbert32 @ 07/22/14 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I just noticed Alan Belcher isn't in the game - are there plans to add him?

The patch notes look cool. I'm doing a pure 100% offline career run through right now so I wonder how it will affect things. Probably I'll get more KO/TKO wins which is fine since I'm landing huge shots and sometimes feel like I'm fighting robots.
He can't answer roster questions. I doubt belcher will be added though. Way more popular and current fighters who aren't in the game and belcher hasn't fought in almost a year and a half.

# 58 aholbert32 @ 07/22/14 03:21 PM
Quote:

I say split it and make it timing based on singles. Doubles can keep the same defense animation.

# 59 Anaxamander @ 07/22/14 03:30 PM
Adding fighters, new gameplay elements, and animations in the first patch? This is an excellent sign. When CPU aggression gets looked at, I will check in with this game again.

# 60 ManiacMatt1782 @ 07/22/14 03:44 PM
Gmss. Posture on their back or from side control. You can do it. Unpostured strikes do not reset the standup timer. It's tough to see the posture from side control, but you can notice it from back control.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.