Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports has just revealed the top 5 running backs and fullbacks in Madden NFL 15. New screenshots can be seen here.

Top 5 Running Backs
  • Adrian Peterson - Overall 98
  • LeSean McCoy - Overall 97
  • Jamaal Charles - Overall 97
  • Matt Forte - Overall 95
  • Marshawn Lynch - Overall 95
Top 5 Fullbacks
  • John Kuhn - Overall 93
  • Mike Tolbert - Overall 92
  • Marcel Reese - Overall 92
  • Anthony Sherman - Overall 90
  • Jerome Felton - Overall 88
Here is a look at the release date schedule for the remaining ratings.
  • Mon, July 21 – Top 10 Overall Rookies (Released)
  • Tues, July 22 – Top 5 Overall QBs (Released)
  • Wed, July 23 – Top 5 Overall RBs (Released)
  • Thurs, July 24 – Top 5 Overall WRs/Top 5 Overall TEs
  • Fri, July 25 – Top 5 Overall OL Players
  • Sat, July 26 – Top 5 Overall DEs
  • Sun, July 27 – Top 5 Overall DTs
  • Mon, July 28 – Top 5 Overall LBs
  • Tues, July 29 – Top 5 Overall CBs
  • Wed, July 30 – Top 5 Overall Safeties
  • Thurs, July 31 – Top 5 Overall Special Teams
  • Fri, Aug 1 – Top 10 Overall Players/Full AFC & NFC North Ratings
  • Sat, Aug 2 – Full AFC & NFC South Ratings
  • Sun, Aug 3 – Full AFC & NFC East Ratings
  • Mon, Aug 4 – Full AFC & NFC West Ratings
  • Tues, Aug 5 – Ratings Recap

Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 4thQtrStre5S @ 07/23/14 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
This isn't a thread discussing sliders.
We are discussing player ratings, and sliders are a part of player ratings...

# 62 Potatoes002 @ 07/23/14 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
One quick note: compare the Jamaal Charles screenshot to Adrian Peterson's and Matt Forte. The Charles pic, imo, looks 10000x more realistic simply because his mouth is open, giving some semblance of a realistic facial expression. Peterson and Forte, on the other hand, have the same boring mouth-closed expression that totally kills any immersion.

They wouldn't have the boring looking expression on their face if they actually had mouthpieces in like they do in real life. How it's 2014 and this piece of equipment has never been added is beyond me.

# 63 kehlis @ 07/23/14 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
We are discussing player ratings, and sliders are a part of player ratings...

I read your post and know the angle you are going for.

This is not the thread to do it in.

# 64 charter04 @ 07/23/14 09:24 PM
I don't have a problem with these ratings other than the continued too high nature of all Madden ratings. These guys probably are the top 5. 5 will always be debatable in most lists

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 65 Pookac81 @ 07/23/14 09:54 PM
I'm not sure why you guys are rating DT better than Jackson. Manning makes everyone around him better. DT is a solid 92 in my book, but eh, who am I.

1. Megaton
2. Marshall
3. A.J
4. Dez
5. Fitz
6. J. Gordon
7. D. Jackson
8. DT

Gotta long way to go DT.

# 66 4thQtrStre5S @ 07/23/14 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I read your post and know the angle you are going for.

This is not the thread to do it in.
If you knew the angle I was going for, then explain it so I have an opportunity to defend myself from my accuser....

Should I have referenced the many number of videos that show that ratings do not matter and that sliders are what change the game play...Thus my point, rating being too high or too low, in itself, does not matter....Which is very much a ratings issue.....I then added in what is needed, which is a true explanation, in detail of how all sliders work, so we can, as players, get the best use of the game....

Please do not tell me that a WR with a catch rating of 99 dropping balls when the WR Catch rating is at 1, or OL ratings all set at 5 still block every well, with sliders at 50, until slides are adjusted, does not belong in a thread about ratings?....

Fact is, ratings and sliders, they are essentially synonymous.....and it is my premise that ratings do not matter, only sliders..thus sliders are the ratings....I didn't go out of bounds...Others just do not see the uselessness of ratings yet...

# 67 kehlis @ 07/23/14 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
If you knew the angle I was going for, then explain it so I have an oportunity to defend myself from my accuser....
You're complaint is about sliders and what they do/don't do and how they affect ratings.

I get it but this thread is solely about the ratings of the players. Nothing else.

We have a plethora of other complaint threads open if you want to discuss your issue with how sliders work.

And I'm not disagreeing you, just saying it doesn't need to be talked about here. Any other questions PM me. No need to continue to derail this thread.

# 68 yardz23 @ 07/24/14 12:52 AM
So what does the elusive rating actually do? We already have agility and speed and ratings for juke and spin. So how does elusiveness play into it?

# 69 Packers4U @ 07/24/14 01:02 AM
You say Kuhn isn't the best fullback in the league?

Let me present exhibit A:

There will be no need for any further evidence. The defense rests.

# 70 pigsooie3 @ 07/24/14 01:50 AM
I think Julio will still make the top 5 despite the injury.

# 71 WakeUp_YoureDreaming @ 07/24/14 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorreyG
So Kuhn is better than Marcel Reece huh nope just a slightly better blocker but Reece can do it all, one of the most versatile players in the league hey you can line him up in the slot. My Raiders get no respect.
I absolutely agree. Oakland Raiders' Marcel Reece is one-of-a-kind. At 6'3" and 250 lbs, this guy actually played wide receiver in college. He also started several games at running back last season when Oakland's top two RB's went down with injury, including a game where he had 123 rushing yards and a 63 yard TD run. During his brief NFL career, he has been lined up at fullback, running back, tight end, wide out and slot receiver.

And in the virtual world of Madden football, a fullback with a 90 speed rating and an 85 catch rating is completely unheard of. If the Raiders ever find a way to fully utilize his unique skill-set, Reece will revolutionize the fullback position, very similar to the way Jimmy Graham has done with the tight end position.

# 72 Iceman87GT @ 07/24/14 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorreyG
So Kuhn is better than Marcel Reece huh nope just a slightly better blocker but Reece can do it all, one of the most versatile players in the league hey you can line him up in the slot. My Raiders get no respect.
Blocking, blocking, blocking. Reece is a great running FB but he is not a huge impact in pass protection. Kuhn is a short-yardage back, who is excellent in pass protection (i.e. what Full Backs are called on to do in today's league, if they are called upon at all).

Blocking isn't as important for TEs any more but it is still crucial for FBs (because most teams would rather give the ball to a RB than the slower FB - I know Reece isn't slow, but he is slower than your RBs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
Question. Reading Moore's comments on Adrian Peterson, "Even in an off year, All Day Adrian Peterson is still the best in the game". Why didn't he use this same logic for QB's?
He did Aaron Rodgers is rated at 98 overall, if you are referring to Brady being a 93, take a look at his last 3 seasons, last year was especially down but he hasn't been the dominant QB he has been in the past. I think he's a better QB than Wilson, so I find it odd that he is sitting at a 93 with him (pulled the same overrating crap when Eli Manning won the SB too, though I think Wilson is a more solid/consistent QB than Eli).

# 73 Iceman87GT @ 07/24/14 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUp_YoureDreaming
I absolutely agree. Oakland Raiders' Marcel Reece is one-of-a-kind. At 6'3" and 250 lbs, this guy actually played wide receiver in college. He also started several games at running back last season when Oakland's top two RB's went down with injury, including a game where he had 123 rushing yards and a 63 yard TD run. During his brief NFL career, he has been lined up at fullback, running back, tight end, wide out and slot receiver.

And in the virtual world of Madden football, a fullback with a 90 speed rating and an 85 catch rating is completely unheard of. If the Raiders ever find a way to fully utilize his unique skill-set, Reece will revolutionize the fullback position, very similar to the way Jimmy Graham has done with the tight end position.
You mean they will line up a RB at FB like they line up a WR at TE? If he isn't being asked to block on a regular basis then he is a HB lined up where a FB would normally be. That isn't revolutionizing the position of FB, that's changing what kind of player you line up at a particular spot in a formation.

If being a FB meant you lined up at a certain spot then Jonathan Dwyer would have to be considered one of the greatest Fullbacks to ever play college football (because he as a running back lined up at the B-Back position in the Triple Option, which is lined up exactly where a FB would be in a regular offense).

# 74 Sheba2011 @ 07/24/14 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
Blocking, blocking, blocking. Reece is a great running FB but he is not a huge impact in pass protection. Kuhn is a short-yardage back, who is excellent in pass protection (i.e. what Full Backs are called on to do in today's league, if they are called upon at all).

Blocking isn't as important for TEs any more but it is still crucial for FBs (because most teams would rather give the ball to a RB than the slower FB - I know Reece isn't slow, but he is slower than your RBs).

He did Aaron Rodgers is rated at 98 overall, if you are referring to Brady being a 93, take a look at his last 3 seasons, last year was especially down but he hasn't been the dominant QB he has been in the past. I think he's a better QB than Wilson, so I find it odd that he is sitting at a 93 with him (pulled the same overrating crap when Eli Manning won the SB too, though I think Wilson is a more solid/consistent QB than Eli).
Tom Brady's was a top 5 QB his last 2 seasons (we can all agree that like AP he had a down year in 2013) but are you really going to say 2012 and 2011 he wasn't a top QB?

2012 - completions 5th, yds 4th, TD's - 4th, QBR - 6th
2011 - completions 3rd, yds 2nd, TD's 4th, QBR - 3rd

So again why did one bad year matter for Tom Brady but not for AP? I honestly don't care that much I edit everyone's ratings myself but the hypocrisy is hilarious from the "czar" sometimes.

# 75 SVCbearcat10 @ 07/24/14 08:05 AM
I think there has already been more players revealed in Madden with ratings over 90 then there is total in MLB the Show, and we've only gone through QB, RB, and FB at this point.

# 76 underdog13 @ 07/24/14 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardz23
So what does the elusive rating actually do? We already have agility and speed and ratings for juke and spin. So how does elusiveness play into it?
I believe it's how easily (quickly)you can run left,right with the left stick alone. Or something of that nature

# 77 Aggies7 @ 07/24/14 08:12 AM
Maybe it's just me but a little shocked to see Forte that high. I agree with 90s but I don't know about top 5. Just my opinion though.

# 78 Mauer4MVP @ 07/24/14 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packers4U
You say Kuhn isn't the best fullback in the league?

Let me present exhibit A:

There will be no need for any further evidence. The defense rests.

So now players are judge based on just one player, huh? Okay.

I guess Jarius Wright should be the best wideout in the game since he completely fooled Sherman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS20WUJ2xsU

Or maybe Iverson was better than Jordan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VHT1bA40X0

# 79 carthagebaseball @ 07/24/14 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
I dont understand why Moore gave Lynch the highest carry rating in the game. He had 4 total fumbles last season, yet Dolphins RB Lamar Miller only had 1 fumble last year, but his carry rating probably isn't even in the 90s smh. LeSean McCoy should have the highest carry rating in the game. He only had 1 fumble last season

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
I think more goes into determining the carrying rating, as fumbles alone do not dictate how often a guy coughs the ball up. I bet that the number of carries also plays into their ratio a bit. What do you think?

# 80 Packers4U @ 07/24/14 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
So now players are judge based on just one player, huh? Okay.

I guess Jarius Wright should be the best wideout in the game since he completely fooled Sherman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS20WUJ2xsU

Or maybe Iverson was better than Jordan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VHT1bA40X0
That Iverson or Wright play was with the team's entire season on the line? If Kuhn doesn't get that block on Peppers, Bears win division and make the playoffs.

Of course, this is simply one small sample of Kuhn's greatness at the fullback position. Key blocks at crucial moments.

KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHN!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.