Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

About a month ago, 2K Sports announced Pharrell Williams would curate the soundtrack for NBA 2K15. Today, they have released it.

Along with the track list below, 2K released a Spotify playlist letting fans experience the music today.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Gman 18 @ 08/12/14 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzombniac
There's always a head scratcher on these soundtracks and for me it's Drop It Like It's Hot. I think it's more baffling by the fact that you have an entire catalog of Snoop songs that could easily be awesome to bump to while playing 2K and that's the one chosen?

I know obviously not all of them are family friendly but you can edit them like ones in the past. Not bad overall though.

I think " team " by Lorde is the biggest head scratcher of this soundtrack

# 82 I Djm @ 08/12/14 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
I think " team " by Lorde is the biggest head scratcher of this soundtrack
Makes more sense than having amazing two times

# 83 Gman 18 @ 08/12/14 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
Makes more sense than having amazing two times

Well " amazing " is a better song than " team " so i would rather have " amazing " for the third time than " team "

# 84 TheVinylHippo @ 08/12/14 06:38 PM
Blah. The only songs on that soundtrack I like are Scenario and Personal Jesus. Disappointing.

# 85 Gman 18 @ 08/12/14 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVinylHippo
Blah. The only songs on that soundtrack I like are Scenario and Personal Jesus. Disappointing.

Is " personal jesus " a religious song?

# 86 stlpimpmonsta @ 08/12/14 06:46 PM
Not gonna lie. I was one of the people skeptical with "today's" pharrell doing the sound track so i was ready to bash the hell out of the list........

But then i read it.........

Public Enemy
Afrika bambaataa
Junior (WHERE THE HELL THAT COME FROM)
Lauren Hill
Santigold

and the others

And i was like

I didnt believe it. This soundtrack looks amazing. I will never doubt you again pharrell.

# 87 VDusen04 @ 08/12/14 06:50 PM
Quote:
I do not believe the song title is literally referring to a religious figure. It's always felt it was more about human-to-human interaction to me.

# 88 TheVinylHippo @ 08/12/14 06:51 PM
Quote:
Not really, though it has been interpreted that way. This is how the man who wrote the song described it (Martin Gore, the founding member of Depeche Mode):

"It's a song about being a Jesus for somebody else, someone to give you hope and care. It's about how Elvis was her man and her mentor and how often that happens in love relationships; how everybody's heart is like a god in some way, and that's not a very balanced view of someone, is it?"

Here's a link if you want to know a little more about it:

http://theclassicsrock.blogspot.com/...eche-mode.html

Either way, it's a great song that's incredibly catchy. Easily my favorite on the soundtrack.

# 89 jadert @ 08/12/14 06:58 PM
Hip Hop is the culture of the sport. I would love to see them reflect that, but with independent artists as others have mentioned. The best option would be to offer a customized soundtrack then everybody is happy.

# 90 Glenn33 @ 08/12/14 07:06 PM
The soundtrack seems nice..but truth be told soundtracks don't excite me. It's not my music - the ones I want to hear.

Still patiently waiting for either console to allow MP3 support so I can download my own tracks. Still waiting....

# 91 stlpimpmonsta @ 08/12/14 07:11 PM
btw i dont think kids will like this soundtrack

# 92 Jasong7777 @ 08/12/14 07:15 PM
Any soundtrack with Junior's "Mama Used To Say, is ok by me.

# 93 I Djm @ 08/12/14 07:45 PM
Quote:
Well " amazing " is a better song than " team " so i would rather have " amazing " for the third time than " team "
I cant agree with that at all lol

# 94 Finess @ 08/12/14 08:17 PM
^ That Team song is not that bad after hearing it twice now lol.

After letting it run for the past 2 hours, I have to say it's not that great. I can't believe LeBron made a better selection than my man Pharrell SMH.

So much good so far but they dropped the ball on this part of 2k15, also Aloe Blacc - The Man would of been perfect and some other more recent songs would of been good fit.

# 95 Sinner @ 08/12/14 09:00 PM
Love the soundtrack for sure, there are more none hip hop songs that I like on this one. When I could I would stop most songs from playing and just play the songs I really liked. Have to say when I get to the point of getting tired of the songs I turn them off anyway.

With this sound track when I get to that point Planet Rock, Scenario, Shut'Em Down and Set it Off will be the only songs I have playing...won't get tired of those classic gems.

# 96 howbaddouwantit @ 08/12/14 09:06 PM
Ahhh Creator by Santigold is here. Brings back 2K9 memories. And Planet Rock was my jam on 2K7.

# 97 howbaddouwantit @ 08/12/14 09:14 PM
And Doo Wop!!! Grew up on that although I dont know how that fits into the game but I like it.

# 98 Crystar500 @ 08/12/14 10:05 PM
I only like about 9 songs. Most of the songs on this playlist are terrible.

I think it should be made a yearly tradition for The Alan Parson Project - Sirius to be on the list.

# 99 loccdogg26 @ 08/12/14 10:38 PM
For all those younger than me if you're playing the game and "Mama Used To Say" or "Set It Off" comes on you may see your parents come in and start dancing. Hahaha...

# 100 Eman5805 @ 08/12/14 10:47 PM
Lauryn Hill? Man. Now that'll be a song I'll repeat a few times.

Yeha, its been more than 12 years since Miseducation came out, but I still love that album.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.