Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

About a month ago, 2K Sports announced Pharrell Williams would curate the soundtrack for NBA 2K15. Today, they have released it.

Along with the track list below, 2K released a Spotify playlist letting fans experience the music today.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 vtcha @ 08/12/14 11:09 PM
I haven't heard most of these songs before but to be honest, I don't really mind the tracks that they've put in the past. The only thing that irritates me is when they put in 'censored' versions of a song- this is one of the problems with hip-hop music. Drop It Like It's Hot might be manageable but songs in the past like Mercy (Kanye West) and Started from the Botton were brutal to listen to ...

# 102 midwestking100 @ 08/12/14 11:10 PM
Planet Rock and Doo Wop are my favorite tracks off of this playlist.Public Enemy,Junior and a Tribe called quest stands out to me as well.Decent list to me.

# 103 Daddy123 @ 08/12/14 11:59 PM
I like the list, I like the variety

# 104 JerzeyReign @ 08/13/14 12:15 AM
Ehh, I don't like it but it doesn't matter because I subconsciously ignore the music anyway or play with headphones in.

I look for music I listen to when I'm actually shooting around with my headphones in - none of these songs would make that list.

# 105 Joshua1207 @ 08/13/14 01:50 AM
Very happy to see Grindin' on there. One of my favorite Clipse songs.

# 106 Ferweezy @ 08/13/14 03:34 AM
Theses song are alright. A decent mix for fans of all genres, But I don't see all of them fitting for a basketball soundtrack. Last Year soundtrack was more commercial and more believable songs that you will hear at a arena during a timeout or halftime. It will kinda kill immersion for me hearing some of these old non fitting songs during timeout. Since we have no way to import our own music, I'm gonna have to deal with it.

# 107 JayAtkHar @ 08/13/14 04:43 AM
Have to admit it's a dope feel for 2k. But FIFA has the best songs ever from day 1

# 108 CoffeyN @ 08/13/14 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
Very happy to see Grindin' on there. One of my favorite Clipse songs.
I think it's everyone's favorite Clipse song.

# 109 Gman 18 @ 08/13/14 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by technine
How would you guys rank 2ks sound tracks? 2k11 and 2k13 seem to be the favorites.
1.2k11
2. 2k10
3. 2k6

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

# 110 JasonMartin @ 08/13/14 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
As always, I feel musical tastes are always a matter of opinion. As such, I am thankful that the majority does not rule in an all-or-virtually-nothing fashion with the 2K soundtrack. There are many, many, many 2K gamers who do not care for rap and hip-hop. There's also many more who thoroughly enjoy rap & hip-hop, but only certain styles (i.e. old school, current, pop, underground, etc.). With such a wide possible variance, I think it's a good idea to provide options from a soundtrack perspective. I often do not prefer pop-rap for my basketball video gaming experience (or my real life basketball experience, for that matter).

I'd say most of my soundtrack listening occurs while in menus and editing rosters so in that case, I'm just looking for something that listenable and fresh. At least this way, users have the option of customizing their soundtrack to fit their needs and preferences.
And again, 2K hasn't delivered something fresh. 2K11 wasn't a hip hop loaded soundtrack either but it had the right mix between those different genres. I'm not asking for all hip hop but I really (really) do not want to listen to famous songs from the 80s or 90s or 2000S which I've heard over 10000 times before. It gets stale feal fast.

# 111 Gman 18 @ 08/13/14 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
And again, 2K hasn't delivered something fresh. 2K11 wasn't a hip hop loaded soundtrack either but it had the right mix between those different genres. I'm not asking for all hip hop but I really (really) do not want to listen to famous songs from the 80s or 90s or 2000S which I've heard over 10000 times before. It gets stale feal fast.
They should use more songs from underground rappers, like Buckshot, the roots, the last emperor, KRS one, immortal technique, Chali 2na, etc.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

# 112 sticks323 @ 08/13/14 08:05 PM
They should update the songs throughout the season

# 113 Dr. Banner @ 08/13/14 11:06 PM
List sucks.

# 114 VDusen04 @ 08/13/14 11:42 PM
Quote:
Oh right on. I'm with you there. My initial post was just in response to what you were saying in the post I quoted.

# 115 nyccc @ 08/14/14 02:53 AM
I personally mute my menu after a week or so of having the game. 2k needs to go underground again just like pre 2k10. I love Jay-Z but when he did the soundtrack, it ruined the songs for myself. Im a big Pharrell fan but not trying to repeat what happened to Jay-Z in 2k13

# 116 Melbournelad @ 08/14/14 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
eh, mostly rap which I'm not a fan of but not terrible.
How is this mostly rap...?

I wish it was, but it isn't.

# 117 Melbournelad @ 08/14/14 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laxboy
Only i like Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Death from Above 1979, Depeche Mode, Lorde, No Doubt, One Republic

All other is awful rap and trashy american rock (Red Hot Chilli Peppers)
Spoiler

# 118 The 24th Letter @ 08/14/14 09:46 AM
Quote:

It's still a matter of taste...because I personally am not interested in listening to a mix of pure 'underground' artists/songs...doesn't really make it anymore fresh to me...

# 119 lb1294 @ 08/14/14 04:46 PM
I was kinda hoping for Pharrell to slide in a new N.E.R.D. track to signify a new album..ah well

# 120 Inzombniac @ 08/14/14 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lb1294
I was kinda hoping for Pharrell to slide in a new N.E.R.D. track to signify a new album..ah well

Aw man, even an old one. I didn't even think of it but something like Rockstar seems like it would be a good song to get you hyped up and energized while playing 2K.

I like a bit of everything so I don't mind some songs on the soundtrack but after listening a few times on Spotify, I'm having a harder time gelling with this soundtrack than I have past 2K games. Hopefully it grows on me when the game comes out and it's more in action in the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.